NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 26 - Centre of Discussion

Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 26 - Centre of Discussion   - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 26 - Centre of Discussion

Post by Rapture_NRL Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:48 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Lodge and Turpin to combine for a ton tonight? Not too much to ask?
    I think so. Easy enough for Turps to score 50+. I started with Lodge and if it wasn't for the injury, could have easily seen him kick on for regular 40s
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 26 - Centre of Discussion   - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 26 - Centre of Discussion

Post by easytiger Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:52 am

So I decided to go balls to the wall last night and let Schuster pass by in favour of O'Sullivan instead.

I still think Schuster is a great buy (especially if you got on last week), but I'm hoping that O'Sullivan's (in theory) higher positional ceiling and slightly better JS makes for the better purchase (should get 12 weeks). Admittedly Gos being dropped to the bench had me second guessing myself in both directions multiple times.

Generally it's worth going with the crowd in decisions like this one (you really don't want PODs to be negative PODs), but I figure that Schuster is unlikely to be a season-defining call.
    Thoughts?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:56 am

Milchcow wrote:
    I don't think I would have started with Grant if fit

For the same reason I considered Cook but eventually went without. There was too much value in other hooking positions, and viable captain options elsewhere.

I went Macca as my POD and happy with him thus far!
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:57 am

easytiger wrote:So I decided to go balls to the wall last night and let Schuster pass by in favour of O'Sullivan instead.

I still think Schuster is a great buy (especially if you got on last week), but I'm hoping that O'Sullivan's (in theory) higher positional ceiling and slightly better JS makes for the better purchase (should get 12 weeks). Admittedly Gos being dropped to the bench had me second guessing myself in both directions multiple times.

Generally it's worth going with the crowd in decisions like this one (you really don't want PODs to be negative PODs), but I figure that Schuster is unlikely to be a season-defining call.
    Thoughts?

If you bought him this week (like me) you probably only get 150k out of him before he is a sell. There will be plenty of 150k cows that come along this year don't stress it
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:05 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:
    I think they kept Kikau on cause he was dominating that Manly right edge. Super frustrating as a Capewell owner but at least I have someone to trade out next week

Its not going to be the same rotation next week. I still think he has got another $100k to make before he is a sell.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:05 am

I don’t mean to be rude but I think rule number 1 was pretty obvious, start with Cleary. If you didn’t you suffer the consequence of that Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:12 am

I think this forum needs to be careful with the narratives it creates to suit fantasy purposes and then repeats into existence.

Crichton was the fullback in a team that won 46-6, he made no real errors and there's no pressing need for Ivan to make an changes to a team that's undefeated.

This is where it becomes dangerous for forum herd mentality.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:13 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

If you bought him this week (like me) you probably only get 150k out of him before he is a sell. There will be plenty of 150k cows that come along this year don't stress it

That's what I figured as well. He probably makes close to $100k in 2 weeks as a minimum (and if I had 3 trades I would've grabbed him) which makes Schuster a great buy.

Feels weird being in the No-Schuster "do you even fantasy?" group Very Happy
    Empyreal
    Empyreal

Post by Empyreal Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:14 am

Was 10k short of Turpin to Cleary last night which I would have pulled the trigger on instantly.

I've now decided fuck it; there's no point getting Cleary in at this point given I didn't start with him. I'm already to far behind I need to make up the ground in other ways. Also I have Cleary in the auto-fill which looks to be passing my main team this week so I can run with both and see how it plays out towards the backend of the season.

So making a second trade this week of Moylan to Egan and spending a little bit of my bank.

Aiming to now get Cleary in post origin and perhaps Moses in a few weeks when his price bottoms out, perhaps upgrading Milford.
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

Post by Erin Moleman Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:14 am

Think I’m going lam to O’Sullivan and averillo to Egan, wait a week on Walker

Post by Guest Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:18 am

Honeysett wrote:I think this forum needs to be careful with the narratives it creates to suit fantasy purposes and then repeats into existence.

Crichton was the fullback in a team that won 46-6, he made no real errors and there's no pressing need for Ivan to make an changes to a team that's undefeated.

This is where it becomes dangerous for forum herd mentality.

I said that last night based on two errors I saw. He could have stopped Cust easily but got himself in the wrong position and should have already been covering the ball and also could have stopped DCEs 40/20 but again was in the wrong position.

When they moved Staines he looked instantly more comfortable out the back and better in attack in the very brief time he was there.

I’m not saying they’ll make the change as you said they won 46-6 so why would you make any changes but it wouldn’t surprise me if it happens

Last edited by Mighty Fishes on Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:18 am

Not having Cleary this year is very different from not having Haas last season(a decision I actively made). Last year we had McInnes, Haas, Cleary, Taumalolo, Grant and Koroisau all scoring around the same level. This year Cleary is a step above the pack until those guys return
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:22 am

Rabbits21 wrote:I don’t mean to be rude but I think rule number 1 was pretty obvious, start with Cleary. If you didn’t you suffer the consequence of that Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

It is a bit rude and unnecessary TBH.

I think it was pretty well-documented in the preseason that Cleary's 2020 average was probably somewhat sustainable (72.6).

However, I don't think even the most ardent Cleary fantasy fan would predict him to average nearly 20 points above that at 91 after the first 4 rounds - the owners have certainly been lucky in that regard, so there's no real need to be THAT guy...

Post by Guest Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:24 am

easytiger wrote:

It is a bit rude and unnecessary TBH.

I think it was pretty well-documented in the preseason that Cleary's 2020 average was probably somewhat sustainable (72.6).

However, I don't think even the most ardent Cleary fantasy fan would predict him to average nearly 20 points above that at 91 after the first 4 rounds - the owners have certainly been lucky in that regard, so there's no real need to be THAT guy...

Easy tiger
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:25 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Not having Cleary this year is very different from not having Haas last season(a decision I actively made). Last year we had McInnes, Haas, Cleary, Taumalolo, Grant and Koroisau all scoring around the same level. This year Cleary is a step above the pack until those guys return
    With Cleary, I honestly expected him to sit 65-75 which going Angus plus cash could match... I was Cleary mistaken (pun intended)

Cleary is a must have - but still a long season
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:26 am

Rabbits21 wrote:

Nope have a bench forward in my 17 as Lodge failed. In fact I had both Leniu and Alvaro in my side last week!

Thought Leniu would get more than 24mins...

I had Lodge as well but instead of swapping him for a bench MID who was going to earn quick $ because of what happened the week before (Alvaro) I went with Kolo because he was in the run on team and starting 2RF rarely get less than 60 mins. I made this decision in the full knowledge it might cost me early $ but would save me having to play a bench MID with unreliable minutes in my 17 week in week out. Sometimes you have to suck it up, playing someone off the bench is always risky so if it backfires it’s on you.

You can’t predict injuries or selection changes but sometimes the decisions you make on trades leave you more susceptible to the consequences.

If I started a bench mid I wouldn’t be shocked if he only got 30 mins which is why Lenui sits in my emergencies unless there is a one week injury or suspension. He will still make money and will occasionally get a score I wish I had in my 17 but that’s how it goes.

Last edited by Aardvark on Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:26 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I’m kinda regretting the purchase a little bit already, mainly because it was a forced trade for the sake of trading but onwards and upwards
    Looking at the 270k in the bank is a small consolation.

Last edited by Liverpool_Bulldog on Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:27 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

I said that last night based on two errors I saw. He could have stopped Cust easily but got himself in the wrong position and should have already been covering the ball and also could have stopped DCEs 40/20 but again was in the wrong position.

When they moved Staines he looked instantly more comfortable out the back and better in attack in the very brief time he was there.

I’m not saying they’ll make the change as you said they won 46-6 so why would you make any changes but it wouldn’t surprise me if it happens

I can't recall where, but in preseason I remember reading/hearing that at the Panthers they really rate Staines as a future fullback - to the point that there was talk that he is much ahead on where Edwards was at the same age and closing the gap on him.

Nevertheless, I don't think Ivan chucked Crichton to Fullback on a whim, so would be surprised to see a change unless really necessary. He's had one game there this season...
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:29 am

I'm not sure it was that obvious and a number one rule. It did work in his favour with Smith gone, McInnes out and Haas suspended. It became a relatively easy decision to start with him although, we are only saying that because he is doing so well. If he was averaging 55-60, we'd be pretty filthy I think spending 1mil on him and making sacrifices elsewhere when players cheaper are doing the same.

And no, even myself starting with him I didn't expect this. Anyone that says they did has to be kidding themselves.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:31 am

easytiger wrote:

I can't recall where, but in preseason I remember reading/hearing that at the Panthers they really rate Staines as a future fullback - to the point that there was talk that he is much ahead on where Edwards was at the same age and closing the gap on him.

Nevertheless, I don't think Ivan chucked Crichton to Fullback on a whim, so would be surprised to see a change unless really necessary. He's had one game there this season...

My thinking, which is most likely wrong as always however Crichton is the more senior player so Ivan maybe gave him first dips or didn’t want to overwhelm Staines in his 4th nrl game.

Again we may not see any changes as it’s only a couple more weeks until Edwards is back. Maybe if it were long term Staines might be given more of a chance

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:38 pm