NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 20 - Who needs halves ???

Loomer
    Loomer

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 20 - Who needs halves ??? - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 20 - Who needs halves ???

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:38 am

Welshy wrote:SoS interesting me. Guessing he’s a wait and see for most?

I wouldn't rush in. 25 BE and dud game away from losing spot to Turner or Perham
    Rotinaj
    Rotinaj

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 20 - Who needs halves ??? - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 20 - Who needs halves ???

Post by Rotinaj Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:39 am

FalconSloth wrote:need to start two of Schuster, Croker, Alvaro, Leniu, Stefano

I also need to play two of Bird Roberts or Niu

Schuster, Alvaro

Bird and Niu

Probably 20 points in this overall if one you don't pick gets a try or there's an injury
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:41 am

Welshy wrote:What are Tauk owners doing?

Hold but frustrated

Wasn’t expecting the early shower in R1. R2 was better but only last years avg when hoping for a bump.

But I still think he’s their alpha mid now and in the closer games will have a big role and stand up.

Collins has more replaced JWH than eating into Tauk IMO - and last week his score was inflated by 2 TAs, that isn’t happening again.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:42 am

Welshy wrote:
    Average looks the goods for 319k and that includes all his MTs mate, low KM as well, big tackle numbers for a half whose obviously being targeting by edges. Will he be GK?
    It does, just not a lot of games to go off so hard to tell what's an outlier and what isn't is all. Which I know is true always in these scenarios, just personally would prefer a chance to see what his role is in the team and go from there as it gives me something extra to base the decision on. Don't mind paying for that look.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:42 am

Alvaro Schuster
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:45 am

robelgordo wrote:

Hold but frustrated

Wasn’t expecting the early shower in R1. R2 was better but only last years avg when hoping for a bump.

But I still think he’s their alpha mid now and in the closer games will have a big role and stand up.

Collins has more replaced JWH than eating into Tauk IMO - and last week his score was inflated by 2 TAs, that isn’t happening again.
    Guess I was hoping he would be playing more 60+ minutes games than <55

Hold for now but watchlist for sure, frustrating watching Alvaro match for half the price lol
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:46 am

I want to see how they split the kicking first. If he gets a 50/50 split I'll gladly pay the extra 20k for a decent role. If Nikorima does all the kicking ala Pearce, Moses, DCE, Cleary etc then I probably don't want to own SOS
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:48 am

Camo123 wrote:

Just a thought at this stage

If Broncos somehow lose this week, they could honestly be 0-7 with Storm, Souths, Panthers & Eels coming up. You'd think that force a change in pre-season ideals

Lodge hamstring also probably thrown a spanner in works

I'm probably more tempted by Turpin straight to Young though

Sorry I fainted after this part and didn't read any of the rest......

Nah, as a Broncos tragic, I'd like to think Kev would hold firm - but even after two losses, you can see the pressure the public/media places on the bloke and the team in general.

FFS we won the spoon last year, I don't expect us to start winning games all of a sudden.
    I'm genuinely just stoked we are having a crack and not giving up when we get behind by a try or more!

I personally rate Croft above Dearden and unlike others, don't feel the need to wedge him onto the bench.
    Turpin has been fantastic over the first two rounds, so I don't see any reason to cut his minutes.

Yeah the entire team was out on their feet during the first game but Parra are a good team (refer Rd 2) and we had players dropping like flies.
    As for the game against the Titans, we arguably finished stronger, so yeah I think the rotations are fine.

At full strength, I can see Haas playing 50-60 and Lodge playing 40-50 - TPJ and Riki mins might be cut a bit, for impact.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:49 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I want to see how they split the kicking first. If he gets a 50/50 split I'll gladly pay the extra 20k for a decent role. If Nikorima does all the kicking ala Pearce, Moses, DCE, Cleary etc then I probably don't want to own SOS
    His kicking before has been 130 a game so barely a sniff, load of MT and still scoring just under 40. Had to double check the stats. Definitely worth a look, might have more JS than Schuster if any of the Parker talk is real
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:52 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Hey mate geez it could be a risk holding Matto like he may get some symptoms etc that keep him out longer than a week and he’s had a number of concussions before. I can’t see the Eels rushing him back if there is any hint of him not being right. Liam Knight for us copped a concussion at training around 5 weeks ago and he’s had a few symptoms so Souths have to be really cautious with him as like Matto he’s had a number of concussions before.

Can you go Matto to Tohu mate? Tohu doesn’t play origin and will play the valuable round 13 I think which is what someone posted a few pages ago. 

Frizell could definitely be a very good choice he is looking good. If he gets a try soon too which could be quite possible he could go boom! 

So yeah I’d look at Tohu or Friz.

I’d only downgrade Matto if you’re gonna strengthen elsewhere and you still have a gun edge even after selling Matto.

Re Moses I wouldn’t pay nearly 800k for him but that’s just me.

Thanks mate. I definitely see your point about bringing in another keeper and it's certainly tempting but I'll admit I'm caught somewhere inbetween wanting the all but guaranteed cash injection Alvaro might give me and seeing which guns really appeal to me in coming weeks... or, like you say, just going to the best looking affordable gun, two weeks in.

Always liked Tohu, but he clears out my entire bank balance if I go with him, whereas Barnett gives me a bit more room to move in coming weeks. In the middle is Friz, who I actually really like. But he also does not come cheap.

Or I just take Alvaro's cash and see how the week plays out.

Lots to consider through the course of the day.

Welshy wrote:What are Tauk owners doing?

Holding for now, but if big moves need to be made soon he's a prime candidate to facilitate these moves.

Rotinaj wrote:TU: Matterson and Lam ----> Schuster and Alvaro $663k ITB
    TD: Matterson and Turpin ----> Cleary and Schuster $7k ITB

One more about making money and hoping cleary finally has a slower game after that headknock and against the storm. The other is getting cleary now before it's way too late. COuld also keep Turpin and trade BS9 but leaves me very thin in the mids

Looks like we have the same team? At this point I'm more tempted to go with the first option.

But there is support on the forum for the second option and there's no way I'd talk you out of bringing Cleary in... unless he does sit out this week. Then you could do option one and use the cash to get him next week.

I'm interested too, but definitely seems like someone you can wait a week on.

I may be in the same situation and am going with Shuster & Alvaro and I have Bird and Niu. Don't have Roberts but would probably still be inclined to play those two over him.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:55 am

Welshy wrote:
    His kicking before has been 130 a game so barely a sniff, load of MT and still scoring just under 40. Had to double check the stats. Definitely worth a look, might have more JS than Schuster if any of the Parker talk is real

As someone nervous about Schuster, you're making tempting sounds.

I'm not saying it's even the most remote of possibilities, but any chance at that Paul Turner gets a crack at the gig if SOS doesn't fire?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:59 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

I'm not saying it's even the most remote of possibilities, but any chance at that Paul Turner gets a crack at the gig if SOS doesn't fire?
    Absolutely but SoS compliments Niko better, pretty confident he’ll get a decent run
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:59 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

The rumour before TLT was between Turner and Perham but I thought SOS would get first crack
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:00 am

Welshy wrote:

I think that average is somewhat affected by his game at the Roosters and he probably didn't kick that much when he was at the Broncos with the various (dud) options we used.

Surely he does the bulk of the kicking compared to Niko?
    Rotinaj
    Rotinaj

Post by Rotinaj Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:02 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

Looks like we have the same team? At this point I'm more tempted to go with the first option.

But there is support on the forum for the second option and there's no way I'd talk you out of bringing Cleary in... unless he does sit out this week. Then you could do option one and use the cash to get him next week.

Cleary being out would be very welcome news, maybe the fact I'm hoping he's out so I can get the cash cows is a sign that it's the right option?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:03 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I think that average is somewhat affected by his game at the Roosters and he probably didn't kick that much when he was at the Broncos with the various (dud) options we used.

Surely he does the bulk of the kicking compared to Niko?
    I was the using the lack of kicking as an uptick for him mate as his average from 80 minute halves games is 39 with only 130KM (6.5 points a game). If he gets more and maintains his middling stats he will make decent coin. Plenty of options for Warriors if he doesn’t fire mind as previously noted
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:04 am

Happy 50th SI

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 20 - Who needs halves ??? - Page 22 Giphy

Last edited by Chucky on Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jack Torrance
    Jack Torrance

Post by Jack Torrance Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:12 am

Hmmm double cow this week I think. Gotta make me some cash somehow.

Its also nice seeing the bank there to help with Ofa to Haas next week if I want to move early.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:12 am

Welshy wrote:
    I was the using the lack of kicking as an uptick for him mate as his average from 80 minute halves games is 39 with only 130KM (6.5 points a game). If he gets more and maintains his middling stats he will make decent coin. Plenty of options for Warriors if he doesn’t fire mind as previously noted
    Seems like you've dug into him a little so maybe you'll know, has his tackle count come from playing at half the whole game, or did he shift into like hooker or something for a period? I only ask because that is a LOT of tackles and is such a significant part of his previous points so trying to get an idea of whether you can expect that to keep up (obviously other factors come into it like who's he's placed beside, how teams attack etc).
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:16 am

Welshy wrote:

Just had a look into his stats and they are pretty tempting. Might jump that way instead of Schuster

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:46 pm