NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 17 - Coin goats everywhere

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 17 - Coin goats everywhere - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 17 - Coin goats everywhere

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:33 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Any concussion experts amongst us? Seeing Matterson walk about freely like that after the match was very pleasing to see, for the fella himself. Good to see him looking good.

In terms of Fantasy and potential time out of the game, is it logical to think that seeing him looking as good as he did might mean he's only out next week? Or are we all expecting a lengthy stint on the sideline due to concussion history?

Sorry chaps, I know it's about 17mins after it happened and y'all probably have no better idea than I, but curious if anyone has some sweet insight.
    History is everything, need to take it seriously
    Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 17 - Coin goats everywhere - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 17 - Coin goats everywhere

Post by Papadontbleach Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:33 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Any concussion experts amongst us? Seeing Matterson walk about freely like that after the match was very pleasing to see, for the fella himself. Good to see him looking good.

In terms of Fantasy and potential time out of the game, is it logical to think that seeing him looking as good as he did might mean he's only out next week? Or are we all expecting a lengthy stint on the sideline due to concussion history?

Sorry chaps, I know it's about 17mins after it happened and y'all probably have no better idea than I, but curious if anyone has some sweet insight.

Not an expert but new rules say 14 days unless cleared by a neurologist.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:34 am

robelgordo wrote:

Hey I saw your GG post in the last thread. I live 10 min walk from there. Haven’t had a chance to get there since it’s reopening on account of having 4 kids and the pub being really fucking busy all the time - was tragically turned away because they were too full last Thursday. But mostly it’s the too many kids

I was the only one there last Friday, have to go slightly earlier so the little one can crash later
    I am a 5 minute walk away, basically neighbours haha
    It’s gone a bit hipster with the Reno/food but it does the job given how far away it is
    4 kids is a decent PPM

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:35 am

He could easily be up and look fine afterwards and then wake up tomorrow with concussion symptoms. Especially with his history.

Like it's encouraging he wasn't off to hospital but you can't read shit all else from it tonight.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:35 am

Wow Pap up to 47 that’s even better, I would have been happy with 37.

What a gun in those atrocious conditions and he still scores like that!

Re the Sivo tries you won’t see 2 better tries than that in the pouring rain!

So Parra an away trip to Brisbane and a brilliant win at home the week after. You’d be stoked with 2 and 0 but would then remember last year started similarly as well.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:37 am

ytsb wrote:

In my opinion he's not coming back for at least a month and I seriously wouldn't be surprised if it were longer. Matterson is really trying to look after himself which I respect. From a medical perspective the fact he was up and about instantly is a good sign but Matterson has had a terrible run and there's no way he's gonna risk coming back a week before he's 100%
    He shouldn’t have to be out a month if it wasn’t for that dog shot, it sucks for him
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:39 am

robelgordo wrote:

Don’t understand what Rod Wishart has to do with this

Still catching up, but wanted to give this some love.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:39 am

Them minutes for Kamikamica have really interested me again! Inevitable he will add some attacking stats hmmmm
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:40 am

Hope LB kept Reimis. Think he did.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:40 am

Re-Matterson, thanks chaps. My initial thought was also at very least a month, if not more.

Looks like I definitely need a new team member. Sad
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:41 am

Boozecluez wrote:

I prefer to spend my Mahoney wisely

my tv broke wrote:

Id prefer to wait another week or two, to get a better Reed on his form

No, no, no Very Happy  no, no, no Very Happy  no, no, no....bah, alright it's funny lol!
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:41 am

Not a concussion expert but a footy Physio who does the cognitive baseline testing and does the HIAs for players

The common misconception is that the worse it looks the worse it is, and vice versa. But this isn’t true. His history plays against him for sure as it’s been proven that less and less force can be required to cause symptoms and damage the more concussions you get. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him miss a month

He will get a CT scan of his brain and the neurologist will give him options but the reality is players like he and Boyd are looking and a high chance of long term complications like headaches, difficulty concentrating, being irritated by light etc

James McManus from the knights I saw last year and he’s having a rough time
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:42 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Re-Matterson, thanks chaps. My initial thought was also at very least a month, if not more.

Initial contact looked bad mate. You'd think his history would have to come into it.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:42 am

Brad Arthur says Waqa Blake is looking at 4-6 weeks out with a calf injury
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:44 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Re-Matterson, thanks chaps. My initial thought was also at very least a month, if not more.

Its the aftermath which is so unpredictable with headknocks mate, different from one person to the next.

Matterson in big trouble with his history

Stevie Ward recently retired at 27 with a similar concussion record, but like I said all different with different side effects and long term health issues

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:44 am

Can't complain with a 47 from Papenhyzen. Was looking like he'd struggle to hit 30 at HT.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:45 am

Will take Munster and his 47 every day of the week in those conditions and zero attacking points minus his TBs
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:46 am

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:

Not a concussion expert but a footy Physio who does the cognitive baseline testing and does the HIAs for players

The common misconception is that the worse it looks the worse it is, and vice versa. But this isn’t true. His history plays against him for sure as it’s been proven that less and less force can be required to cause symptoms and damage the more concussions you get. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him miss a month

He will get a CT scan of his brain and the neurologist will give him options but the reality is players like he and Boyd are looking and a high chance of long term complications like headaches, difficulty concentrating, being irritated by light etc

James McManus from the knights I saw last year and he’s having a rough time

Thanks for the insight. I actually thought you might have a fair take on it.

Yeah, not looking good. First and foremost, I genuinely hope the fella's going to be okay.

But sadly it looks like our journey in Fantasy 2021 may have come to an extremely premature conclusion.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:47 am

wolfking wrote:Can't complain with a 47 from Papenhyzen.  Was looking like he'd struggle to hit 30 at HT.

outstanding player in fantasy and RL

his 30+ streak in the WFB continues. up to 27
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:50 am

Boozecluez wrote:

I was the only one there last Friday, have to go slightly earlier so the little one can crash later
    I am a 5 minute walk away, basically neighbours haha
    It’s gone a bit hipster with the Reno/food but it does the job given how far away it is
    4 kids is a decent PPM

Yeah it pumps in the evenings, tried to go for with the family early Thurs night for food (like 530-6pm) and got turned back.

I'll need to engineer an opportunity to check it out on a weekday when "working from home" at some point. Or take the youngest for a very long walk in the stroller on a Sat afternoon.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:49 am