NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?  - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:03 am

mattnz wrote:From observation of watching a game yesterday and then looking at TOs awarded, it looks like taking an opposition player into touch gets awarded a TO. Good for try saving wingers.

T/O stats are going to have a bigger effect on the game than we thought. Hard to know which players will benefit precisely, but there are more being awarded than we anticipated and that's going to have a long-term effect on scores/prices/magic number that I haven't worked out yet.

Certainly when someone was saying "round one scores in the 900s are amazing" it might not mean you have an amazing team. Would be interested to know about others but 60 of my 944 were from T/O points (admittedly 24 from captain Cleary) and without that 6.4% bump the Round One score looks a lot more normal.
    Daedalus
    Daedalus

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?  - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Post by Daedalus Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:10 am

Moanaman wrote:Does anyone know how to kick someone from a League? I'll be buggered how as the easy option of selecting the delete button is not there.....

If it’s a h2h league then you can’t change once it’s full. One option is to change the settings to increase the league size so then it’s not full and you can kick them out that way. Not sure if you can do that once the league has started though.
    Syzy
    Syzy

Post by Syzy Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:17 am

Are the kickers also getting TO’s when the catcher drops it? May explain why the halves are getting quite a few.

Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:22 am

Community team went Lodge+Croker -> Davey+Leniu this week.

Voting on team makeup this week here: https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1577-rd-2-team
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:55 am

People seem to be holding strong with Lam, but I have some serious paper hands.

I picked him expecting bulk kick metres, much like Flanagan last season. But Keary being put into halfback seems to be the signal I will fully ignores that he will dominate kicking. I think Lam WILL still earn some money and do well enough to be serviceable, but jumping on someone like Milford immediately will make me more money, yield better scores and give a round 1 halfback.

Does anybody think Lam turns it around enough without those KMs? I really see him hitting low 30s from here on out
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:55 am

mattnz wrote:From observation of watching a game yesterday and then looking at TOs awarded, it looks like taking an opposition player into touch gets awarded a TO. Good for try saving wingers.
    rhinoceroo wrote:
    T/O stats are going to have a bigger effect on the game than we thought. Hard to know which players will benefit precisely, but there are more being awarded than we anticipated and that's going to have a long-term effect on scores/prices/magic number that I haven't worked out yet.

Certainly when someone was saying "round one scores in the 900s are amazing" it might not mean you have an amazing team. Would be interested to know about others but 60 of my 944 were from T/O points (admittedly 24 from captain Cleary) and without that 6.4% bump the Round One score looks a lot more normal.

Average total fantasy score per round since the restart last year is about 10300, and last week there were 10236 points scored, including 376 TO points. Slightly under average total score.

Without them there would only have been 9860 points, easily the lowest under the new rules (but still higher than what was scored with 2 refs and no 6-again)

So far, rather than boosting points, turnovers have just helped to maintain the scoring that we are used to.
    Round 1 is often a lower scoring round than others, so perhaps in the coming weeks we'll see scoring go beyond last year
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:02 am

Pookus McFly wrote:People seem to be holding strong with Lam, but I have some serious paper hands.

I picked him expecting bulk kick metres, much like Flanagan last season. But Keary being put into halfback seems to be the signal I will fully ignores that he will dominate kicking. I think Lam WILL still earn some money and do well enough to be serviceable, but jumping on someone like Milford immediately will make me more money, yield better scores and give a round 1 halfback.

Does anybody think Lam turns it around enough without those KMs? I really see him hitting low 30s from here on out

Hard to tell after just 1 round, but Lam doesn't look like being a keeper. I'll just ride him for as long as he's starting and upgrad him when an option presents itself
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:04 am

If team is set up like the following will I get the best score from Leniu or Stefano for Lodge and Averillo/Simonsson for Crichton? Or am I stuck needing 2 trades to get 17 scorers

Brailey
    SST, Watson, Lodge
    Riki, Fifita
    Munster, Milford
    Bird, Roberts
    Tedesco, Papy, Laurie

Lam
    Turpin
    Liddle
    Crichton

Averillo
    Simonsson
    Leniu
    Stefano
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:04 am

Milchcow wrote:

Average  total fantasy score per round since the restart last year is about 10300, and last week there were 10236 points scored, including 376 TO points. Slightly under average total score.

Without them there would only have been 9860 points, easily the lowest under the new rules (but still higher than what was scored with 2 refs and no 6-again)

So far, rather than boosting points, turnovers have just helped to maintain the scoring that we are used to.
    Round 1 is often a lower scoring round than others, so perhaps in the coming weeks we'll see scoring go beyond last year

Who has the relationship with the organisers through the community team? Would be great to have clarification of what is / isn't considered a turnover. Will make a big difference in team selection moving forward.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:11 am

Welshy wrote:If team is set up like the following will I get the best score from Leniu or Stefano for Lodge and Averillo/Simonsson for Crichton? Or am I stuck needing 2 trades to get 17 scorers

Brailey
    SST, Watson, Lodge
    Riki, Fifita
    Munster, Milford
    Bird, Roberts
    Tedesco, Papy, Laurie

Lam
    Turpin
    Liddle
    Crichton

Averillo
    Simonsson
    Leniu
    Stefano

Doesn't Lodge lock out before either of Leniu/Stefano play so you can't loop that way

I think you need to do the complicated method where you have non-MID locking out after one where you can swap Leniu & Stefano scores around

So I think you want in EMG
    Stefano
    Leniu
    Simonsson
    Averillo

If you like Leniu score, swap Simonsson and Stefano. If not keep Stefano there

Makes it hard for 2nd loop though

Here's example of position loop last year https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t661p700-loopholers-anonymous-a-wretched-hive-of-scum-and-villainy?highlight=anonymous
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:13 am

Pookus McFly wrote:People seem to be holding strong with Lam, but I have some serious paper hands.

if Keary does maintain those huge KM he’s a gun and I’ll look to get him in as underpriced keeper soon but I’m pretty sure it will even up, Keary made a few kicking errors, Lam launched some absolute bombs which both resulted in Roosters maintaining possession, I’d back them to make more use of those in future plus Keary really doesn’t have the hamstrings to maintain massive numbers every week
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:14 am

Yeah, on its own, a poor score in round 1 isn't a worry, but the lack of kicking is. I had hoped for a more even split. That may happen due to game flow/etc.

I'm happy to hold for now, but I guess I'm not expecting too much from him at the moment.

Last edited by my tv broke on Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    Harviginald
    Harviginald

Post by Harviginald Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:15 am

TU - Trade Lodge --> Ofa
    TD - Trade Lodge --> Ofa and Roberts --> Momirovski/any Ctr under 419k

Very undecided on whether its worth the extra trade to try and improve centres or whether its a bit sideways/waste of a trade
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:15 am

Camo123 wrote:

Doesn't Lodge lock out before either of Leniu/Stefano play so you can't loop that way

I think you need to do the complicated method where you have non-MID locking out after one where you can swap Leniu & Stefano scores around

Stefano
    Leniu
    Simonsson
    Averillo

Here's example of position loop last year https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t661p700-loopholers-anonymous-a-wretched-hive-of-scum-and-villainy?highlight=anonymous
    Thank you mate much appreciated, not done them before
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:16 am

Camo123 wrote:

Stefano
    Leniu
    Simonsson
    Averillo

No, I think Welshy's set-up works. Involves some extra shenanigans around Crichton if he doesn't want Leniu's score after the Panthers game, but it doable.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:18 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

No, I think Welshy's set-up works. Involves some extra shenanigans around Crichton if he doesn't want Leniu's score after the Panthers game, but it doable.
    Instead of doing it here mate can you message me what I need to do if possible
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:28 am

Welshy wrote:
    Instead of doing it here mate can you message me what I need to do if possible

May as well do it here in case my thinking is wrong:

17 Crichton
    18 Averillo
    19 Simonnson
    20 Leniu
    21 Stefano

Four options after Panthers/Bulldogs game

A) You want Averillo and Leniu's scores. Leave as is.

B) You want Averillo and Stefano's scores. Swap Stefano with Crichton. Stefano will sub for Lodge and Averillo sub for him.

C) You want Simonsson and Leniu's scores. Swap Simonsson with Crichton. Leniu will fill Lodge's spot.

D) You want Simonsson and Stefano's scores. Swap Simonnson with Crichton and bring Stefano up to no 19 with Crichton dropping to 21. Stefano will fill Lodge's spot.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:30 am

I've made a trade from Lodge -> Leniu to field a 2nd Mid but am stuck on the final MID spot.

What're the thoughts on Stefano scoring 30's this week?

Contemplating saving the Croker -> Alvaro trade that I have pencilled in and saving the trade as Crighton's back next week and Croker may score similar to Alvaro?

If Stefano scores similar to Alvaro this week given the Tigers bench, it would make sense to hold and then see how Croker goes?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:35 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

May as well do it here in case my thinking is wrong:

17 Crichton
    18 Averillo
    19 Simonnson
    20 Leniu
    21 Stefano

Four options after Panthers/Bulldogs game

A) You want Averillo and Leniu's scores. Leave as is.

B) You want Averillo and Stefano's scores. Swap Stefano with Crichton. Stefano will sub for Lodge and Averillo sub for him.

C) You want Simonsson and Leniu's scores. Swap Simonsson with Crichton. Leniu will fill Lodge's spot.

D) You want Simonsson and Stefano's scores. Swap Simonnson with Crichton and bring Stefano up to no 19 with Crichton dropping to 21. Stefano will fill Lodge's spot.
    Absolute legend mate. Really appreciate that
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:38 am

Anyone concerned about Davey's lack of base in his 32 last week?
    10 tackles and requiring 5 TBs and 2 offloads to get there is a slight concern in him being a reliable scorer.
    I see in last years 80 min games for the Eels his base was much better so there's hope this is an outlier, but still a worry. Especially that tackle count in a team which was on defence a majority of the game last week

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 9:27 am