NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:20 am

Mulvy wrote:

Someone beat me to it probably...... but:

:peeing: :Rope:

Not for your use son!!
    Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 11 - Hookers as far as I can see

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:21 am

Trajan wrote:

Thats all you have got?

Let's not start a tit for tat fella! Nearly game time!!
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:25 am

Snatchpato wrote:Pretty much all but rejected the idea of a gun hooker, but thought I'd try it out to how it appears against the norm on here. I don't hate it. Any glaring holes?

Cook
    Watson Tino Lodge
    Toops Riki
    (C)leary Fogarty
    Mom Remis
    Papy Laurie Issako

Angus JBrailey CHT Host
    Liddle Avo Uto Niu

Weak in the backline I know, but gotta be weak somewhere.
    Looks like a pretty normal backline to me. Would rather have Fifita than Cook and use the cash elsewhere, will frustrate you when Fog puts Fifita into a gap and you aren't getting both sets of points.
    CHT carrying a quad injury, not kicking goals this week.
    Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

Post by Papadontbleach Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:27 am

I went a bit wild trying to POD, any thoughts?

JBrailey
    Angus Tapine Watson
    DFifita Riki
    Cleary Lam
    Roberts Scott
    Teddy Laurie Isaako

Welch Liddle Milf L.Croker
    Host Hetherington Averillo Moylan
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:30 am

Snatchpato wrote:Anyone watched enough of Alvaro or Farmersilly to know which one is a better footballer and more likely to stick around as a slow burn cow?
    They played similar roles last season. I chose Alvaro, because he has a much better PPM.
    Alvaro 2020 PPM 1.21
    Farmer 2020 PPM 0.85

Not even close. All other things being equal, Alvaro scores close to 50% more. Is a tackle bot in a team that will do a lot of tackling this season.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:33 am

Papadontbleach wrote:I went a bit wild trying to POD, any thoughts?

JBrailey
    Angus Tapine Watson
    DFifita Riki
    Cleary Lam
    Roberts Scott
    Teddy Laurie Isaako

Welch Liddle Milf L.Croker
    Host Hetherington Averillo Moylan

Doesn’t look to wild. Tapine and Scott only real PODs compared to the group think team.

I like both picks. Mostly because I like the raiders. Had tapine all year last year. I think he deserves to keep high minutes/involvement. At very least won’t lose money barring an injury. Scott could return to some form.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:34 am

Mulvy wrote:Not everyone here would know about the quality of Teeth's gif game. After FF survivor last year, I wasn't sure it was sustainable. It is Clap

Haha, thanks mate.

Snatchpato wrote:Anyone watched enough of Alvaro or Farmersilly to know which one is a better footballer and more likely to stick around as a slow burn cow?

Seems like a lifetime ago now, but as an Eels fans when Alvaro was a starting and valued member of the squad, I always quite liked the kid. Don't really understand what his fall from grace was all about - I think there was a significant injury in there? - but he was a good player. I'd assume if he gets a fair crack he's still above par. Just needs a fair go.

Don't know much about Farmersilly to be honest, to compare.
    Donkeyyyyyy
    Donkeyyyyyy

Post by Donkeyyyyyy Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:34 am

Ayyy lads, been lurking for a few weeks but G'day to all. I think I've got a settled team but I've got a few outliers from the cookie cutter that I'm not sure if I've found the golden nugget or a brown one.

Anyone keen to rank the following to help me sort our who makes the 17? Or any reasons why I shouldn't run with any of these?

Hamlin-Uele
    Kerr
    Jetski
    Waddell
    Hetherington
    Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

Post by Papadontbleach Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:35 am

Fortitude wrote:

Doesn’t look to wild. Tapine and Scott only real PODs compared to the group think team.

I like both picks. Mostly because I like the raiders. Had tapine all year last year. I think he deserves to keep high minutes/involvement. At very least won’t lose money barring an injury. Scott could return to some form.

Thanks. I have similar thoughts on Tapine and Scott. I tried not to overdo the Raiders picks.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:35 am

mattnz wrote:
    They played similar roles last season. I chose Alvaro, because he has a much better PPM.
    Alvaro 2020 PPM 1.21
    Farmer 2020 PPM 0.85

Not even close. All other things being equal, Alvaro scores close to 50% more. Is a tackle bot in a team that will do a lot of tackling this season.

Who signed these guys? Were they Mary signings or Hook signings? I don't have either but it's possibly a relevant question?
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:40 am

The Bludger wrote:

Like Mattnz pointed out, if you are thinking of Crichton as C, then there's no reason to pay premium for Cleary.
    If your focus is H2H, then it's a different game to overall points.
    No need to go for the maximum points from the start - your goal should be building the most cash and saving the required trades for the finals so you can have an absolute gun team.

Hold off Teddy and Cleary; buy them after Origin.
    Go with sub-guns who can score points and will make you cash.
    The usual super-cows are already identified - perhaps you need to look at players who have an opportunity to make quick coin due to injuries and increased role, or (in with the famously dud 2020 Milf) a player who you can see an obvious upside.

Milf in the halves.
    Lam or Brooks
    NAS or Welch at Storm for 5-6 weeks
    The Dragons middles who will get extra minutes

Most of your team is solid.
    Coffee

Appreciate you taking the time my man!
    Nrl4Life
    Nrl4Life

Post by Nrl4Life Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:42 am

Ok I've 2 teams with turpin in which is the best to go with thanks

Turpin
    Tino Angus Lodge
    Harris Riki
    Cleary Brooks
    Bird Roberts
    Papy RTS Laurie

Brailey Watson Host Liddle

Leniu Stefano Niu Averillo

53k in the bank

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:42 am

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:Need some help with my team lads and where/if to spend my extra dosh. For me, I don't really care as much about overall points but rather h2h matchups (in a pretty competitive league with mates) so keep that in mind. Also chose to drop Bird and just start Averillo instead to free up some cash. Team seems to be fairly cookie cutter but just feel like there are a few potential upgrades yet. Any help is appreciated fellas  Beating Heart

Turpin

Angus (C), Tino, Watson

Riki Fifita

Cleary Lam

Roberts Averillo

Teddy Papi Laurie

Jbrailey Liddle Lodge Host

Gosiewski, Croker, Niu, Simonsson

110k ITB

in all honesty there's probably not a massive difference between overall and a competitive H2H league, you just the luxury of being a bit more patient with your cows and mid rangers and get to ignore byes, personally that's what Im focusing on this year too

I'm getting highly swayed by Milford for this reason too personally because he has potential to break open a h2h match up as a bit of a POD and drop a 70 and even worst case scenario with a 32 BE he'll hold his price/it won't drop significantly so he's an easy trade to a cow if he flops but the potential upside is unreal
    Nrl4Life
    Nrl4Life

Post by Nrl4Life Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:45 am

Or Team 2

Turpin
    Tino Watson Lodge
    Fifita Riki
    Cleary Lam
    Bird Roberts
    Papy Teddy Laurie

Brailey Angus Host Liddle

Leniu Stefano Niu Averillo

24k in the bank
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:49 am

Anyone remember the "Gravy" train?
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:51 am

Lrkn wrote:

in all honesty there's probably not a massive difference between overall and a competitive H2H league, you just the luxury of being a bit more patient with your cows and mid rangers and get to ignore byes, personally that's what Im focusing on this year too

I'm getting highly swayed by Milford for this reason too personally because he has potential to break open a h2h match up as a bit of a POD and drop a 70 and even worst case scenario with a 32 BE he'll hold his price/it won't drop significantly so he's an easy trade to a cow if he flops but the potential upside is unreal

Yeah that's very true on the Milf. I would be inclined to get him in for Host but that would leave me with 4 broncos and I honestly don't know how I feel about that. What you reckon?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:51 am

Papadontbleach wrote:

Thanks. I have similar thoughts on Tapine and Scott. I tried not to overdo the Raiders picks.
    Tapine is my only Raider, a good POD option. Expecting some monster scores like we saw at the end of last year. Hoping horse is starting prop next week.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:51 am

Welshy wrote:Anyone remember the "Gravy" train?

You mean Garvey train??
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:53 am

wolfking wrote:

You mean Garvey train??

Yeah the Garvey Gravy Train! Might be the best 4 week ride I've had in NRL fantasy
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:54 am

I think my team is set but it's at the cost of my EMG;

Brailey
    Lodge Tino Crichton
    Fifita Riki
    Cleary Lam
    Roberts Bird
    Ted Pap Laurie

Watson Turpin Liddle Milf

Gos Niu Stefan Simonsson

26K left.  Could swap Watson with Angus and change Gos to Leinu or Moylan or someone.  Not sure if that would be stronger.  Tino to Welch or Turpin to Sitili both options too to get money to strengthen my reserves.

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 2:44 am