NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Draftstars 2021

    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 2850
    Reputation : 1247
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Draftstars 2021

    Post by Teeth Eater Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:19 pm

    After losing over 90% of my account balance on the BBL over summer I almost doubled my stake last night (also lost out a bit in updates), so that made me happy. Let's not ruin the moment and acknowledge that almost doubling my stake means I turned $2.50 into $4.55 and enjoy it for what it is.

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Giphy

    Little Athletics with my boy tonight and parents down for the weekend is going to make it really hard to apply myself to the rest of the games over the weekend, but as a non-better, I do find good enjoyment in this thing. Hope I can sneak a team or two in tonight...
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10780
    Reputation : 4265
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Draftstars 2021

    Post by Revraiser Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:24 pm

    @Teeth Eater wrote:After losing over 90% of my account balance on the BBL over summer I almost doubled my stake last night (also lost out a bit in updates), so that made me happy. Let's not ruin the moment and acknowledge that almost doubling my stake means I turned $2.50 into $4.55 and enjoy it for what it is.

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Giphy

    Little Athletics with my boy tonight and parents down for the weekend is going to make it really hard to apply myself to the rest of the games over the weekend, but as a non-better, I do find good enjoyment in this thing. Hope I can sneak a team or two in tonight...

    Seinfeld - the greatest show on earth !

    Enjoy TeethEater !
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 2850
    Reputation : 1247
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Draftstars 2021

    Post by Teeth Eater Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:30 pm

    @Revraiser wrote:

    Seinfeld - the greatest show on earth !

    Enjoy TeethEater !

    Thanks, and agreed on point 1.
    B/L
    B/L

    Posts : 2550
    Reputation : 1368
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Draftstars 2021

    Post by B/L Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:47 am

    FFS I was out all day so only entered the $2 dollar comps for the 3 games and the daily. I always enter the 15.

    Placed in all 4 including a 4th and a 16th. Would have been a very profitable day if i had of been anti social and stayed home.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 2850
    Reputation : 1247
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Draftstars 2021

    Post by Teeth Eater Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:57 am

    @B/L wrote:FFS I was out all day so only entered the $2 dollar comps for the 3 games and the daily. I always enter the 15.

    Placed in all 4 including a 4th and a 16th. Would have been a very profitable day if i had of been anti social and stayed home.

    Fuck mate, you know how to do this thing, ay? I was also tied up all day with solo parenting combined with parents staying for the weekend, so went in the contests really loosely... and suffered accordingly. Down to my last pennies and now I have a legit question for y'all.

    How do you place funds into your Draftstars account without being charged by your credit card company, or do y'all experience the same? As the only two options to insert cash into your account seems to be via credit card of Poli (no idea what Poli is, but I do know my bank isn't even in the list to try and set it up) I have to do it via credit card, but I noticed on a recent bill that I was being charged $10 every time I deposited an amount into my Draftstars account. As I don't even deposit as much as $10 at a time, this obviously couldn't go on. Is there any other way to deposit funds or am I basically just fucked? Solid BBL regrets.
    B/L
    B/L

    Posts : 2550
    Reputation : 1368
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Draftstars 2021

    Post by B/L Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:45 am

    Mate I talked myself in going lower in stakes. I bombed out on the first 3 games.of the round so figured I would play it safe. Backfired spectacularly.

    No idea what's going on with your deposits. No issues on my end.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 2850
    Reputation : 1247
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Draftstars 2021

    Post by Teeth Eater Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:42 am

    @B/L wrote:Mate I talked myself in going lower in stakes. I bombed out on the first 3 games.of the round so figured I would play it safe. Backfired spectacularly.

    No idea what's going on with your deposits. No issues on my end.

    I hope it's not just that Westpac are the only ones charging this fee. At the time I called them about it and they said something about it being there as money was going to a betting site. Can't remember any reason why that was so, though.
    B/L
    B/L

    Posts : 2550
    Reputation : 1368
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Draftstars 2021

    Post by B/L Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:05 am

    I'd ask draftstars mate. I've never paid anything like you are describing.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 2850
    Reputation : 1247
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Draftstars 2021

    Post by Teeth Eater Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:39 am

    @B/L wrote:I'd ask draftstars mate. I've never paid anything like you are describing.

    Yep, just sent off a question. Wish you could just use PayPal...
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10780
    Reputation : 4265
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Draftstars 2021

    Post by Revraiser Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:21 am

    @Teeth Eater wrote:

    Yep, just sent off a question. Wish you could just use PayPal...

    @TeethEater That's definitely not normal, no way mate. Neither the bank of the Betting company can charge u $10 to deposit. There are no fees for this at all.

    Plus, u do know that u just use ur standard savings account with a keycard that has 'visa' symbol on it, u use that card as a credit card, not a real credit card.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

    Posts : 1128
    Reputation : 651
    Join date : 2016-02-24
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Draftstars 2021

    Post by Dttragic2016 Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:48 pm

    Was around even on Thursday and Friday but had my best ever DFS day yesterday! Entered 3 teams in the slate which came 4th 5th and 7th!

    Account up from 500 to 2500 all pretty much from yesterday's wins plus entering the head to heads/double ups.

    Missed all of yesterday's games so watched the Mayo minis then checked draftstars, was an awesome surprise!

    Any general thoughts on nrl dfs so far this year? As it's round 1 it's hard to make much of it but I noticed in the titans game fifita and tino were really popular..not sure if that was because people thought they were great value or just excitement of watching them at the titans?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 2850
    Reputation : 1247
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Draftstars 2021

    Post by Teeth Eater Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:15 pm

    @Revraiser wrote:

    @TeethEater  That's definitely not normal, no way mate. Neither the bank of the Betting company can charge u $10 to deposit. There are no fees for this at all.

    Plus, u do know that u just use ur standard savings account with a keycard that has 'visa' symbol on it, u use that card as a credit card, not a real credit card.

    That's what I hoped and tried to do that today. But for whatever reason, wouldn't allow the transaction with my visa card. Don't know why I'm making this so hard. Sad
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10780
    Reputation : 4265
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Draftstars 2021

    Post by Revraiser Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:15 pm

    @Dttragic2016 wrote:Was around even on Thursday and Friday but had my best ever DFS day yesterday! Entered 3 teams in the slate which came 4th 5th and 7th!

    Account up from 500 to 2500 all pretty much from yesterday's wins plus entering the head to heads/double ups.

    Missed all of yesterday's games so watched the Mayo minis then checked draftstars, was an awesome surprise!

    Any general thoughts on nrl dfs so far this year? As it's round 1 it's hard to make much of it but I noticed in the titans game fifita and tino were really popular..not sure if that was because people thought they were great value or just excitement of watching them at the titans?


    I noticed your name up the top of the leaderboard everywhere mate, well done. I didnt make a dent anywhere across this weekend. Didn't pick up a vibe or feel as you said also, too early maybe. Hookers might be an area of change though.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10780
    Reputation : 4265
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Draftstars 2021

    Post by Revraiser Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:18 pm

    @Teeth Eater wrote:

    That's what I hoped and tried to do that today. But for whatever reason, wouldn't allow the transaction with my visa card. Don't know why I'm making this so hard. Sad

    Where do you live, Mars ? I do not know mate, thats bizarre.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 2850
    Reputation : 1247
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Draftstars 2021

    Post by Teeth Eater Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:20 pm

    @Revraiser wrote:

    Where do you live, Mars ?   I do not know mate, thats bizarre.

    One possibility I'm thinking is I don't have cash in my personal account, but I do in the joint account with my wife (all linked with that card, so I'd have thought it a non-issue). I'd assume the transaction would still go ahead, but maybe because of the 0 balance in my personal account it didn't work. I've transferred money from Paypal into it today and when it hits my account I'll try again.

    Bit bummed about today... came 17th in the free Sunday Play For Fun, which I'd assume would have translated into a half okay return if I'd had a balance to enter the $2 comp too. Sad
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

    Posts : 1128
    Reputation : 651
    Join date : 2016-02-24
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Draftstars 2021

    Post by Dttragic2016 Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:13 pm

    @Revraiser wrote:


    I noticed your name up the top of the leaderboard everywhere mate, well done. I didnt make a dent anywhere across this weekend. Didn't pick up a vibe or feel as you said also, too early maybe. Hookers might be an area of change though.

    Yeah was amazing but the rest of the weekend and tryscorer bets all didn't do well so it somewhat balanced out haha.

    Really excited for next weekend now that we know what minutes most players in the pack will get and which edge certain guys are on etc
    B/L
    B/L

    Posts : 2550
    Reputation : 1368
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Draftstars 2021

    Post by B/L Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:51 pm

    Well done DT, i bombed out on both games today but did well in the daily.

    50 dollars up for the week.

    Could have been so much better.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

    Posts : 1128
    Reputation : 651
    Join date : 2016-02-24
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Draftstars 2021

    Post by Dttragic2016 Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:42 pm

    @B/L wrote:Well done DT, i bombed out on both games today but did well in the daily.

    50 dollars up for the week.

    Could have been so much better.

    Nice mate. One thing I realised about last season is that if you only enter in a team or two for random games you're watching, don't overanalyse your results. Have a think about pack rotation, which edge might do well and have fun with it.

    If you are doing it more consistently though - just stick to your guns for a few weeks before changing your strategy. I played for fun in 2018/2019 but did it more consistently last year so learnt you need to ride the rollercoaster haha. One good result every odd weekend is usually enough to have you making a profit with the way the prize structure is!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10780
    Reputation : 4265
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Draftstars 2021

    Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:41 pm

    COuld be an interesting wet weather feel to the selections this weekend
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 2850
    Reputation : 1247
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    NRL Draftstars 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Draftstars 2021

    Post by Teeth Eater Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:51 pm

    @Revraiser wrote:

    Where do you live, Mars ?   I do not know mate, thats bizarre.

    Just for the record, chaps, got this all sorted. Looks like I just needed a balance in my own account connected to the Visa card (Joint account didn't count). Back in action, for better or worse...

      Current date/time is Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:41 am