NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 - In my opinion, this is part 8

Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy 2021 - In my opinion, this is part 8 - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - In my opinion, this is part 8

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:56 am

Rabbits21 wrote:Today’s draft, I must be up to around draft 25 or 26 now:

49k spare and:

Cook
    Angus Welch Watson
    Fifita Riki
    Cleary Brooks
    Averillo Roberts
    Pap Isaako Hoy

Koloamatangi J. Brailey Lam Liddle
    Hetherington Utoikamanu Laurie Niu

Thoughts?

tightended the predictions to appease the cow! Tightened the strings on the player firming as a starting option and not getting moved around positionally

Cook 64
    Angus 60-62 Welch 40-50 Watson 50-60
    Fifita 55-62 Riki 35-40
    Cleary 130-144 Brooks 45-48
    Averillo 30-35 Roberts 30-35
    Pap 50-55 Isaako 35-38 Hoy 30-40

Koloamatangi 35-40 J. Brailey 40-48 Lam 35-48 Liddle 40-45
    Hetherington 30-40 Utoikamanu 25-35 Laurie 25-35 Niu 25-35

804-914
    Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy 2021 - In my opinion, this is part 8 - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - In my opinion, this is part 8

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:11 am

Bethany_B wrote:yet another draft from me, thoughts?

Watson
    TKO, Tino, Lodge
    Fifita, Crichton
    Cleary, Fogarty
    Averillo, Hopoate
    Papy, Niu, Hoy

Brailey, Lam, CHT, Riki

Liddle, Hola, Simonsson, Laurie

$11k ITB

Watson 50-60
    TKO 50-55 Tino 50-55 Lodge 35-45
    Fifita 55-62 Crichton 60-62
    Cleary 130-144 Fogarty 48-55
    Averillo 30-35 Hopoate 30-35
    Papy 50-55 Niu 25-30 Hoy 30-40

Brailey 40-48 Lam 35-48 CHT 35-42 Riki 35-40

Liddle 40-45 Hola 25-35 Simonsson 25-30 Laurie 25-35

788-911
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:37 am

Just looking at the point predictions. Let’s assume that they are close, then why would anyone choose Cook when Liddle, J Brailley, Watson, etc provide so much better value! Also, why would Laurie, playing 80 minutes at FB score 35 points? Or was that at 5/8?
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:02 am

RandomSil wrote:Someone give me a player to look at..

Chad Townsend, his base should get a huge up tick with SJ out, and he is playing alongside that softcock Moylan for the first half dozen rounds, but the Sharks, well they are the Sharks, can he get some good price bumps?

This is for my 17th man position, currently i have Welch. I have 587k to spend there, however it will all go out the window come TLT lol!

I was tossing up Brooks as well.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:05 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:Just looking at the point predictions. Let’s assume that they are close, then why would anyone choose Cook when Liddle, J Brailley, Watson, etc provide so much better value! Also, why would Laurie, playing 80 minutes at FB score 35 points? Or was that at 5/8?

This is the plan I have, but I bet I have Cookie in my team once we pass origin.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:11 am

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:When is Luke Thompson sue back and what are the thoughts of him coming straight back jn?

Suspended for first 4 rounds
    The Bludger
    The Bludger

Post by The Bludger Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:14 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

FUCK missed this one too

I hear ya - every time I try to jump in on a FF league, they're full Bang
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:14 am

Mr Snrub wrote:

Yeah if Corey Oates was named on the edge I'd be on him for WFB but alas looks like he'll be on the bench.  

Here's hoping Moylan can get a good attacking game or two in the early season.

I am hoping TLT will bail me out of Moylan in my backline, but he is sitting there staring at me, laughing Evil or Very Mad

I figure Moylan went OK in the trial, I am hoping he knows he is shit and has something to prove going into the season, all I need is a few rounds before I bring in Tommy or a cheap rocket.

There's a lotta fkn hope there....:peeing:
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:18 am

Let's talk Josh Jackson
    The only identifiable transition from mid to gun last year came on the back of Isaah Yeo moving from the edge to middle, which in turn upped his tackle counts and saw some solid attacking stats. In the past we have seen the same change with Simon Mannering and Matt Gillett result in bulk fantasy points, with a similar profile to Jackson (previous star edge with great defensive skills moving to the middle as they age) As we all known, the Bulldogs are planning the same with Josh Jackson this year. So why no love?

From rounds 15-20 last year we got a preview of this change, with Jackson playing lock. In this time he averaged 43.1 fantasy points in 69.8 minutes, compared to a non lock average of 40 in 80 minutes.

Deep diving into the stats his tackles stayed relatively similar (34 vs 35), while his run metres significantly increased (121 vs 85). Of Jackson's 9 games with 100 metres or more, 4 of them came in the 6 weeks he played lock.

Priced at 40 I see a little bit of upside. Luke Thompson gone for the first few weeks, as well as Tolman leaving the club and Elliot preferred on the edge means there are no big minute middles remaining. A rotation of Napa, Hetherington, Atoni, Britt, Smith and Ogden surely sees Jackson get the bulk of the minutes.

To be worth picking Jackson probably needs to either go 80 minutes most weeks or increase his attacking stats. If the Dogs run out a utility on the bench, more minutes is a chance
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:24 am

Welshy wrote:
    Holmes was probably in 50% of teams pre pre season but wing probability has pushed him out. If he gets the gig would expect him to re-enter some teams although in his FB run he scored an insane amount of tries

there is defo upside but I would rather risk less $ because he plays for the Cowbells... and the coach has indicated rotation as a possible opition, unless I mistook the signals, but for me it's a No
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:27 am

Morning all.

Thoughts on this group of battlers?

Brailey
    NAS, Tino, Watson
    Fifita, Riki
    Cleary c, Munster
    Momo, Roberts
    Pappy, Simmonson, Ieremia

Foggy, Brooks, Turpin, Lam
    Davey, Averillo, Schuster, Simpkin

Leaves 19k in the bank. Any thoughts appreciated

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:31 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Morning all.

Brailey
    NAS, Tino, Watson
    Fifita, Riki
    Cleary c, Munster
    Momo, Roberts

So many halves on the bench!
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:34 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Let's talk Josh Jackson
    The only identifiable transition from mid to gun last year came on the back of Isaah Yeo moving from the edge to middle, which in turn upped his tackle counts and saw some solid attacking stats. In the past we have seen the same change with Simon Mannering and Matt Gillett result in bulk fantasy points, with a similar profile to Jackson (previous star edge with great defensive skills moving to the middle as they age) As we all known, the Bulldogs are planning the same with Josh Jackson this year. So why no love?

From rounds 15-20 last year we got a preview of this change, with Jackson playing lock. In this time he averaged 43.1 fantasy points in 69.8 minutes, compared to a non lock average of 40 in 80 minutes.

Deep diving into the stats his tackles stayed relatively similar (34 vs 35), while his run metres significantly increased (121 vs 85). Of Jackson's 9 games with 100 metres or more, 4 of them came in the 6 weeks he played lock.

Priced at 40 I see a little bit of upside. Luke Thompson gone for the first few weeks, as well as Tolman leaving the club and Elliot preferred on the edge means there are no big minute middles remaining. A rotation of Napa, Hetherington, Atoni, Britt, Smith and Ogden surely sees Jackson get the bulk of the minutes.

To be worth picking Jackson probably needs to either go 80 minutes most weeks or increase his attacking stats. If the Dogs run out a utility on the bench, more minutes is a chance

Jackson might get more tackles this season and is an interesting opition, but I'd rather have either Welch/B Smith/NAS at a similar price. (I currently have B Smith as my 14th and Welch as my 17th man.)
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:46 am

Brailey
    NAS, Tino, Watson
    Fifita, Riki
    Cleary c, Munster
    Momo, Roberts

“wow, that’s a pretty good-looking team... how did he get so much value in.... oh WFB...my god that WFB... i feel ill.

breathe breathe breathe

ok, that’s better... feeling better ... let’s just get to the bench and this will be over

wait

what

no

god no

no MID cover

god no!!1

Vomit Vomit Vomit Vomit

Vomit Vomit Vomit

Vomit

Maybe bring in a MID cow for NAS, and turn brooks into Angus for the cover?

Nice team otherwise!
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:52 am

L-Jimmy wrote:

“wow, that’s a pretty good-looking team... how did he get so much value in.... oh WFB...my god that WFB... i feel ill.

breathe breathe breathe

ok, that’s better... feeling better ... let’s just get to the bench and this will be over

wait

what

no

god no

no MID cover

god no!!1

Vomit Vomit Vomit Vomit

Vomit Vomit Vomit

Vomit

Maybe bring in a MID cow for NAS, and turn brooks into Angus for the cover?

Nice team otherwise!

Oh shit haha I completely forgot about cover. Okay I’ll need to tinker a bit 😂
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:00 am

On the Dogs middles in general, with Tolman gone and Thompson out for 4 weeks, there is definitely value somewhere

Hetherington popular for being much cheaper than Jackson

Perosnally I am worried about having multiple players that need trading out after 4 weeks. Hoy will become useless once Ponga returns ,and if he gets a bench spot, will require quick action to trade out. Hetherington could be similar with Thompson returning

Jackson might still be useful when Dogs pack is back to full strength, so just have to work out if there is enough value compared to others. Not sure he is much better than Tino at about the same price (although Jackson will presumably get DPP)
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:04 am

I think he’s a better option than trying to guess who out NAS/Cheese/Welch is worth it (my guess is none). Could see him go from 40 to high 40s. I’ve been stashing him pretty late in various draft leagues.

EDIT: not sure he’s worse value than Tino tbf, whose currently in my squad due to following the herd than any strong conviction.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:05 am

Brailey
    NAS, Tino, Watson
    Fifita, Riki
    Cleary c, Munster
    Momo, Roberts

You probably don't want 3 halves on the bench and your only EDG cover isn't guaranteed a game. I know some of these issues can be corrected if TLT isn't kind, but I would ditch whichever one of Foggy/Brooks/Lam you are least confident in and get a forward instead.

Actually you don't have WFB cover either, and Ieremia isn't guaranteed a game.

Potentially you could be in a situation where you are fine for round 1 and stuffed for round 2 if just 1 or 2 players get injured/dropped.

If Ieremia plays 1 but not 2 (a real possibility if Brenko is not quite ready to start the season), you will have very little flexibility in how you actually field a round 2 team.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:07 am

At his price probably not enough upside for me to pick him, but we could see similar to Tohu where he was moved to middle to cover an injury to Tevaga (suspension to Thompson) before making the spot his own and locking it down all year
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:09 am

Current iteration, which will unlikely survive TLT.  Rolling Eyes

Turpin
    Watson-Crichton-Tino
    DFifi - Riki
    Cleary - Luai
    Roberts - Bird
    Papy-Moylan-Niu

BSmith-JBray-Liddle-Welch

Gosiewski-Alvaro-Averillo-DYoung

$0 ITB.

I am still mulling Brooks for Luai, but Panthers might start the season red-hot, so I can look to trade down if Brooks goes well and Luai doesn't.

Going with my gut on Luai. scratch

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:07 pm