NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:13 pm

Apparently, the Mole was wrong on Croker. Check the comments on Twitter.

He was training today.

NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:15 pm

castlecrag sweethearts wrote:Apparently, the Mole was wrong on Croker. Check the comments on Twitter.

He was training today.

The mole has been off it for years but the hate he gets is shocking haha
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:19 pm

castlecrag sweethearts wrote:Apparently, the Mole was wrong on Croker. Check the comments on Twitter.

He was training today.

Haha, nice, trap away my friend.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:27 pm

Mulvy wrote:

It troubles me that you can't own a bad decision. We all make them. The highly successful MTB and much less so Mulvy started with Levi and Williams last year. It was a bad decision I made.
    Can only make decisions based on what has happened the last few rounds, not make assumptions and hope that Storm might totally rearrange their attack in some future round, which is what actually happened!

He was definitely a dud pick the way they played him at the start of the season and was losing cash as a result.

Last edited by mattnz on Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:31 pm

He's seriously the most average footballer. I had him last year as a "Cash Cow" - and despite being starting hooker and 5/8 several times he made basically no money. Furthermore, I watched all manly games and he was just sooooo underwhelming.

Like all power to everyone who picks him, and they might make good money, but I just can't put myself through that again.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:31 pm

Mulvy wrote:

It troubles me that you can't own a bad decision. We all make them. The highly successful MTB and much less so Mulvy started with Levi and Williams last year. It was a bad decision I made.

Reminds me of Rabbit and Nofoalumas first year
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:33 pm

Just trying to work out if Teddy is worth it in my side. The only place it might work is at FB.
    1)Teddy +Isaako or 2)Brimson and Edwards +25k. Papy would be the other FB.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:34 pm

Camo123 wrote:
    I think inverse fantasy fantasy was meant to be an insult 

So for that I hope Tigers come 9th Twisted Evil

Rounds 1-10 MS is always pretty good value in inverse fantasy fantasy

Definitely one to move on before the byes
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:34 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Can only make decisions based on what has happened the last few rounds, not make assumptions and hope that Storm might totally rearrange their attack in some future round, which is what actually happened!

Haha, convenient excuse now that someone else pointed it out eight months later! Heaps including Welshy and yours truly said trading was a terrible decision at the time. You'll get better at the game if you learn from mistakes rather than just assuming that you're unlucky all the time.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:34 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Rounds 1-10 MS is always pretty good value in inverse fantasy fantasy

Definitely one to move on before the byes

what's next, shorting a fantasy index fund?
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:36 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Williams and knight were mine.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:37 pm

mattnz wrote:

He was definitely a dud pick the way they played him at the start of the season and was losing cash as a result.

Er... picking a fantasy team is all about assumptions. You yourself make the wildest, quickest assumptions on here. But the key is being able to question those assumptions, including after the event, particularly if they turn out to be wrong year after year.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:38 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

what's next, shorting a fantasy index fund?

Fantasy is a lot like trading. Buy low sell high check players for their fundamentals for the year and take some calculated risks and hope it pays dividends
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:38 pm

Holy Moly wrote:

Williams and knight were mine.

I got super lucky to dodge Levi and Williams, but I did get suckered in by Knight, Musgrove, Jamil, Magoulias and Arrow (who I started with over Cleary because I'm a filthy POD chaser)
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:39 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:Just trying to work out if Teddy is worth it in my side. The only place it might work is at FB.
    1)Teddy +Isaako or 2)Brimson and Edwards +25k. Papy would be the other FB.

If you find a way to play him at centre let me know

In all seriously I don't like any of Isaako, Brimson or Edwards as fantasy options this year. Isaako has best chance of making cash, the other two are slightly below keeper territory
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:39 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Haha, convenient excuse now that someone else pointed it out eight months later! Heaps including Welshy and yours truly said trading was a terrible decision at the time. You'll get better at the game if you learn from mistakes rather than just assuming that you're unlucky all the time.
    I said it at the time that I traded him out that he wasn't involved in their structured attack. Just repeated what I said then again! You guys are trying to rewrite history as though you could tell they were going to suddenly change the way he was being used in attack. No reason to keep being silly about it.

Did they totally change the game plan for Papy after a few rounds - Yes. Could anyone have picked that based on what we had seen - No.

You had a mid ranger, clearly non-keeper that wasnt performing. Cut the losses and move the money elsewhere.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:41 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Fantasy is a lot like trading. Buy low sell high check players for their fundamentals for the year and take some calculated risks and hope it pays dividends

Well yeah that's part of the reason I play it. If anything the fact that I suck at fantasy is a reminder that trading is not something I should do.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:43 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I got super lucky to dodge Levi and Williams, but I did get suckered in by Knight, Musgrove, Jamil, Magoulias and Arrow (who I started with over Cleary because I'm a filthy POD chaser)
    That's quite a few!!

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:43 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Well yeah that's part of the reason I play it. If anything the fact that I suck at fantasy is a reminder that trading is not something I should do.

My advice for both is do your own research and don’t follow the crowd
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:45 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

My advice for both is do your own research and don’t follow the crowd

Yeah that's my main issue, I got burned hard last year by second guessing my gut feelings.

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:15 am