NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 18 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

Post by SoylentGreen Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:22 am

Apparently the "Coach Whisperer" was at Broncos training this morning.

Pencil them in for a bottom 4 finish.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 18 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

Post by Cookie Monster Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:26 am

With League codes coming out very soon, I suppose now is probably a good time to see if there is any interest in Fantasy Fantasy for this season.

If it runs there will probably be a couple of changes to last years rules.

Quite a few people had selections (particularly from the lower leagues) who had obviously stopped looking after their fantasy teams, either at the Covid break or soon thereafter. It seems appropriate therefore to allow a small number of transfers to fix these kind of SNAFU situations. I suggest 2 transfers; one that can be used at the completion of Round 8 and the other that can be used at the completion of Round 16.
    The scoring will change from raw fantasy scores to ranked scores for each league. So this means that the rounds top scorer in each league will score 16 points, second place will score 15 points, third 14 points, and so on until last place scores 1 point. This should make your wildcard selection, in particular, a bit more interesting.
    I'm also willing to remove the restriction on selecting your own team if that is something that people want (I don't think MTB will have too much of an advantage with the new scoring.)
    Everything else should be the same as last year, although I'm open to suggestions for improvements.

If you're interested in playing (again) then give this post a vote (dealers choice) so that I can get an idea of numbers.

Cheers

If you're not interested in playing but really want to give me a downvote, save the hate for my next post
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:31 am

Cookie Monster wrote:With League codes coming out very soon, I suppose now is probably a good time to see if there is any interest in Fantasy Fantasy for this season.

Quite a few people had selections (particularly from the lower leagues) who had obviously stopped looking after their fantasy teams, either at the Covid break or soon thereafter. It seems appropriate therefore to allow a small number of transfers to fix these kind of SNAFU situations. I suggest 2 transfers; one that can be used at the completion of Round 8 and the other that can be used at the completion of Round 16.
    The scoring will change from raw fantasy scores to ranked scores for each league. So this means that the rounds top scorer in each league will score 16 points, second place will score 15 points, third 14 points, and so on until last place scores 1 point. This should make your wildcard selection, in particular, a bit more interesting.
    I'm also willing to remove the restriction on selecting your own team if that is something that people want (I don't think MTB will have too much of an advantage with the new scoring.)
    Everything else should be the same as last year, although I'm open to suggestions for improvements.

If you're interested in playing (again) then give this post a vote (dealers choice) so that I can get an idea of numbers.

Cheers

If you're not interested in playing but really want to give me a downvote, save the hate for my next post

Love the idea of fantasy fantasy, count me in for another year
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:39 am

ELI5: What is fantasy fantasy and how come I'll be bad at it also?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:42 am

Snatchpato wrote:ELI5: What is fantasy fantasy and how come I'll be bad at it also?
    Pick other forum members from each league and try and get the best ranking players
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:43 am

Snatchpato wrote:ELI5: What is fantasy fantasy and how come I'll be bad at it also?

Essentially you select a team of Fanatics. Like Welshy, Myself, SI, Milchcow. Based on the leagues. So one player from each league and a wild card.

You score points on how their team does in fantasy.

You will be bad because you will pick Mighty Fishes in your team.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:44 am

Also judging by the upvotes that is a yes Cookie.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:44 am

Cookie Monster wrote:With League codes coming out very soon, I suppose now is probably a good time to see if there is any interest in Fantasy Fantasy for this season.

Cheers

Gotta defend the title.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:07 am

Pappy first choice gk from Storm Twitter: https://twitter.com/storm/status/1365178183708909568?s=21

Makes WFB more interesting
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:11 am

Anyone else tempted by an inverse fantasy fantasy?

It’s hard to narrow down to a ‘best’ 3... obviously you need Welshy, mattnz, Welshy, SI, Welshy, but that leaves no room for Mulvy, Fishes and Welshy - who are cookie cutter must-haves.

Too much value!
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:17 am

Fogarty is expected to be named co-captain with Proctor in the next few days.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:19 am

Aardvark wrote:On the back of that unnecessarily snarky comment by me....@rabbits21 the point is that, as we have seen over the last few weeks, it is virtually impossible to predict what roles/minutes/future security of any marginal cheapies will have until the season starts (or a real TLT happens and even then....).

By all means share opinions, create drafts, look at team structures using players of different value, experiment with who you want but locking anyone who isn't an established first grader in at this point is a fools errand.
    Wait for TLT and then take a punt on whoever tickles your fancy.
    People can give you their opinions but they don't necessarily have any more insight than you do. You know a bit about league, don't be afraid of your own choices.

Still love the enthusiasm by the way.

U apologised in 27 mins, SOFT !!!
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:24 am

Shady2K wrote:Pappy first choice gk from Storm Twitter: https://twitter.com/storm/status/1365178183708909568?s=21

Makes WFB more interesting
    Easier would be the word to describe WFB now for me. I was totally unconvinced by every WFB bar Teddy and base cheapies before this

Interesting conundrum with Munster

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:32 am

L-Jimmy wrote:Anyone else tempted by an inverse fantasy fantasy?

It’s hard to narrow down to a ‘best’ 3... obviously you need Welshy, mattnz, Welshy, SI, Welshy, but that leaves no room for Mulvy, Fishes and Welshy - who are cookie cutter must-haves.

Too much value!

Camo123 always a solid play. Then you have Rabbits21 as a value piick
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:34 am

If Papy is first choice kicker don't think I'll run with Munster.

Will consider adding Papy to WFB
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:37 am

my tv broke wrote:

would you go back to the start of 2020 and pick Jack Williams and Danny Levi if i told you to? santa lol!

Lol no but I think you know much more about the Broncos than I do!
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:38 am

with the news of Papy first choice GK, I have the following conundrum. Which two players should I pick?

A: Munster + Kelly

B: CHT + Dedwards or Brimson (I currently have Hopoate at WFB but would move him to centre if I run with this)
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:50 am

Lots are gonna have Teddy and Pap.

If I choose to start with Pap and not Teddy issue would be when do I get Ted.....
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:52 am

Rabbits21 wrote:Lots are gonna have Teddy and Pap.

If I choose to start with Pap and not Teddy issue would be when do I get Ted.....

I've been doing that this whole time, my reasoning is that you can get Crichton, Grant, Cook or Lolo for the same price as Teddy or less, and have much more consistent scores.

The opportunity cost of picking Tedesco over one of the other 800k+ guns is just too great, especially since he'll miss at least one game for Origin and get rested for at least one more most likely.

As for when to buy Ted, round 5-6 is the best time I think, it's what I did last year. You can sell two peaked cows for another cow and Teddy, in my case last year it was JHop and BBrailey for Paix and Teddy.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:56 am

RandomSil wrote:

You will be bad because you will pick Mighty Fishes in your team.

lol!

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:50 pm