NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 83 - Send-offs are back

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 83 - Send-offs are back - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 83 - Send-offs are back

Post by Milchcow Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:01 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:
    - Two cheapest playing centres with job security and slight upside. At the moment that is probably Dylan Walker and Jarrod Croker, but will consider Curtis Scott, Esan Marsters, Tim Lafai. Won't consider perenial sub 20 guys like Whare, Parker, Seve

There will be rookie centres. I'll also consider Talau if he moves to CTR permanently rather than being stuck on the wing.

- At least 1 big name half. Cleary, DCE, Moses, SJ will be top of the list and I'll probably land on the one that ends up cheapest. Must have high base from kick metres

Cleary I suspect will be too expensive given his 2020, so probably look elsewhere

- Value guys in the 20-30 average range to round out the squad. Gotta have upside in these spots - Leniu on the watch list if Tamou moves on, Oates in a Broncos team that should be better, Host if he gets a starting spot somewhere, CHN in Bateman's spot, Hopoate in an improve Dogs team, Waddell presumed as Manly second rower

Might just be a rumour but I read Waddell to dogs somewhere (are they losing anyone - not a tonne of room in their pack)
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 83 - Send-offs are back - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 83 - Send-offs are back

Post by SoylentGreen Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:03 pm

robelgordo wrote:

You and literally everyone else playing mate.

Can't be many teams with a WFB5 that allows them to still play 2 CTRs as well. And if you have enough trades, going sideways for WFB cover for one week is still gross.

I'd be able to field a team (without trading) if Teddy and Ponga were rested, but I wouldn't want to as it would include HTF and Averillo.
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:03 pm

easytiger wrote:

That's fair enough.
    Was JW based on the eye test from 2019 performances, or largely due to Gallen retiring?
    I grabbed him mostly based on likely minutes and hype - which is never ideal

Gal was retiring. Williams had been touted as his successor for a while, thought it'd be a good pick.

Was expecting low 40's at least. Didn't think he'd be that garbage.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:05 pm

Chewie wrote:Are we expecting any TLT surprises?

Is Teddy getting a rest?

Pretty sure this is where the Teddy thing came from lol.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:08 pm

Adrianoooo wrote:Where is Tedesco rested coming from? Can’t cover both him and Ponga

Pure speculation. I guess because Roosters ladder position is slightly better and their opposition FB Ponga is likely out, people are worried about Teddy being sat too.

I'll worry about it when the time comes. I reckon he'll play out the season, maybe get a rest during a game if it's wrapped up.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:10 pm

White Lightning wrote:Next year I want fantasy to go back to the 25 man squad format as I don't like the current format as it's too easy to loop. If they could reinstate the 25 man squad & prevent looping full stop that would be ideal. But instead of your a.e. being the lowest scorer from any position your a.e. would be the highest scorer in the position who missed out & didn't play.

Highest scorer AE would be terrible as a way to stop looping. It would just increase people playing deliverate red dots (especially if squad sizes increase as well)

The easiest way to kill looping is ranked subs and hard lockout. Just name your best team each week and be done with it. The best thing about this is there is be no advantage to running with someone who you know won;t take the field. I will always be preferable to have someone who scores 20 over someone who scores 0 which is how it should be.

Fantasy premier league manages to have a hard lockout, and it has millions of people play it. If you want to allow people to change their team during the weekend, then you open up to some form of looping. If you allow a loop of any sort, people will take advantage of it
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:11 pm

will there be any decent players next year who have missed 2020 (through injury, playing in England, being stuck as a depth player behind someone leaving etc)? I'd assume they'd be priced on their historical average, which would arguably be deflated due to the rule changes (I can't see how they can adjust for that either).
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:19 pm

I plan to do a lot of research for my serious draft for Nearly Sport and then look at NRL fantasy later coming out of that.

My thinking at the moment has more been about how I play, rather than specific players. Avoiding mistakes. For me that's pick a better (safer?) starting squad, lost a few hundred points and some trades from that straight away. Then maintain discipline around trades in the middle of the season - although with byes back what this means changes again.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:19 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:will there be any decent players next year who have missed 2020 (through injury, playing in England, being stuck as a depth player behind someone leaving etc)? I'd assume they'd be priced on their historical average, which would arguably be deflated due to the rule changes (I can't see how they can adjust for that either).

Ben Murdoch Masila joining the Warriors

Jack Bird isn't yet injured for 2021

Billy Smith might have played a bunch of first grade this year but did his ACL

Raiders signed Harry Rushton from England, but no idea of he'll be any good or not
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:21 pm

Jack Bird looks like a much better player by avoiding the 2020 Broncos season.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:57 pm

Milchcow wrote:But after this year I wouldn't be surprised if they tinker with the squad size/number of trades.
    Having smaller squads and less trades than supercoach just make that all you even do is cover injuries. Too much time is spent scrambling to cover short term outs rather than actually playing the game.

Very much doubt they do anything that costs the NRL money for next year, so can probably rule out squad size changes/loop and lockout changes/etc as that would mean dev hours.

More trades obviously just a number in the system, so that wouldn't surprise me.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:06 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Very much doubt they do anything that costs the NRL money for next year, so can probably rule out squad size changes/loop and lockout changes/etc as that would mean dev hours.

More trades obviously just a number in the system, so that wouldn't surprise me.

At first I was thinking the exact same thing - they won't want to spend any money on dev for the product.
    But then thought it would be fairly straight forward to extend the bench to say 10 - with the extra two spots as essentially squad depth positions that could lock out at the commencement of the round (like Captaincy does) and can't be used for AE (essentially creating a bit more space to carry injuries).
    The problem is that it also escalates money making potential, so people reach final squads quicker and likely disengage faster too...
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:09 pm

Conspiracy: Robinson and AOB have a handshake agreement to both rest their star fullbacks for this game.

Source: Pulled it out of my ass.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:17 pm

my tv broke wrote:

easytiger wrote:

At first I was thinking the exact same thing - they won't want to spend any money on dev for the product.
    But then thought it would be fairly straight forward to extend the bench to say 10 - with the extra two spots as essentially squad depth positions that could lock out at the commencement of the round (like Captaincy does) and can't be used for AE (essentially creating a bit more space to carry injuries).
    The problem is that it also escalates money making potential, so people reach final squads quicker and likely disengage faster too...

Is this why they've removed functionality over the past few seasons?

Adding functionality costs money. So taking it away = profit?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:20 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Is this why they've removed functionality over the past few seasons?

Adding functionality costs money. So taking it away = profit?

I don't remember much changing since the fanhub system has been in place?

My comment around costs was more to do with everything that has gone on this year with COVID, etc. Just don't see them spending a cent more than they need to on the fantasy product for 2021. It would be nice to be wrong though, because obviously, I'd like to see the product improved.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:36 pm

well.. this could be interesting.. is the dislike for Hunt real ????

Brad Walter
    @BradWalterSport
    The mail out of Dragons training is that Dean Young has made some interesting changes to the team for Saturday’s match against Canberra.
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:48 pm

my tv broke wrote:well.. this could be interesting..  is the dislike for Hunt real ????

Brad Walter
    @BradWalterSport
    The mail out of Dragons training is that Dean Young has made some interesting changes to the team for Saturday’s match against Canberra.

Any scenario that involves droppings anyone, not just Hunt but keeping Norman would be a cooked decision indeed.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:51 pm

Would be great if he gave Wiliame a run even though I think it's unlikely
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:00 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I don't remember much changing since the fanhub system has been in place?

We've lost drag+drop trades. Ranked Leagues.
    Match centre has been and gone a couple of times (Tbh I don't even look for it anymore and just use footystats)

Plus it seems every year they start the app from scratch going by how many features are missing at the start of each season.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:01 pm

Barry Toohey article quote tweeted.

https://twitter.com/NothingButNK/status/1303179562155565057?s=19
    Kalyn Ponga, Mitch Barnett and Hymel Hunt rested. Daniel Saifiti, Sione Mata’utia and Edrick Lee to return. Tex Hoy at fullback. 👍

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:38 am