NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday - Page 32 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday

Post by robelgordo Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:15 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Wow well seems most who are lower ranked probs don’t have him.

I think overall ownership stats are pretty close to worthless. Out of the 128k teams, maybe 40k are active at most, and a lot of those aren’t serious or spending huge amounts of time on it.

If Hunt is 12.5% owned, that’s around 16,500 coaches have him and I’d guess nearly all of them are in the top end.
    13CokeHeads
    13CokeHeads

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday - Page 32 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday

Post by 13CokeHeads Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:21 pm

Revraiser wrote:Why can't I accept that Fogarty is killing it and should remain in the squad...

He's going for Fifita Matterson or Jurbo this week. Been an absolute pleasure
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:32 pm

robelgordo wrote:

I think overall ownership stats are pretty close to worthless. Out of the 128k teams, maybe 40k are active at most, and a lot of those aren’t serious or spending huge amounts of time on it.

If Hunt is 12.5% owned, that’s around 16,500 coaches have him and I’d guess nearly all of them are in the top end.
    Any trades for you this week mate?

How many ya got left?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:49 pm

I’ll be interested to see the split in captains this week with no Haas, should make things interesting.

If I bring McInnes in I have the following 5 as captaincy option:

McInnes
    Cleary
    Taumalolo
    Hunt 
    Carrigan

Interesting.

Re Taumalolo do we reckon he goes back to 65-70mins or does he play around 57mins again?

Also Carrigan this season when playing 60mins or more has averaged 63.8

In Hunts games at hooker this season he’s made 50 tackles nearly all the time I don’t see that happening against Brisbane as I expect the Dragons to have 60 percent of the ball so Hunt would have to make up his scoring in other ways including usual kick metres but also try assists, line break assists and line breaks etc.....

I have a feeling McInnes could score a try against a soft Shoncos middle defence and bust some tackles so I’m leaning towards putting the C on McInnes.

I think the 2 most popular options in the top 100 overall and top 50 of our FOG league will be McInnes and Cleary. There will be a small few that go for a Hunt or Taumalolo or even Cookie.
    Soap

Post by Soap Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:59 pm

Feel like this is the time to take a punt, with only six rounds left waiting too long to use the trades might never move up the rankings (been stuck just outside top 3000 for a while now)

Haas + Siro > Matterson + JFH leaves me with the below (and 5 trades & $36k left)

Hunt
    Carrigan Taupau
    Matterson Bateman Lolo
    Moses DCE
    Crichton Latrell
    Tedesco Lomax Ponga

Tevaga Reynolds JTurbo JFH
    Starling HTF Niu Randall

Would appreciate any thoughts on the above! Just not too sure on JFH

Last edited by Soap on Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:19 am

Soap wrote:Feel like this is the time to take a punt, with only six rounds left waiting too long to use the trades might never move up the rankings (been stuck just outside top 3000 for a while now)

Haas + Siro > Matterson + JFH leaves me with the below (and 5 trades & $36k left)

Hunt
    Carrigan Taupau
    Matterson Bateman Lolo
    Moses DCE
    Crichton Latrell
    Tedesco Lomax Ponga

Tevaga Reynolds JTurbo JFH
    Starling HTF Niu Randall

Would appreciate any thoughts on the above! Just not too sure on JFH
    I really like it mate. I do not think you’ll be staying around that 3000 mark rank for much longer. Yep defs punt time.

Such a gun back row and halves are great as well. Nothing at all wrong anywhere else in your starting 13.

Love interchange as well as cover for key positions with Jazz and Reynolds there and wow Jake Turbo on the bench as well is a luxury also a gun.

JFH is a boom bust kinda player I have brought him in as well mate he could scores mid 30’s but can also bust out 70. Starling as 18th man is very good as well and Hammer as cover 19th man for WFB.

If you can’t get Haas back in oh well, hopefully you make big ground the next 2 weeks and then hope the strength of your side stands up even once Haas is back and you can’t get him.

All the best mate keep us informed with your progress this week hope you smash it.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:24 am

danseels1985 wrote:Edwards at 0.7 ownership,I’m taking the punt. I’ve got nothing to lose anyway and I don’t want to have to keep playing that plank HTF. Actually one more week of either HTF/Clune til CS9 is back next week.

Haas to Mofo
    Randall to Edwards

1 trade 34k bank

Cook
    Mofo Taupau
    Yeo Lolo Matto
    Hunt Cleary
    Talau Lomax
    Edwards Teddy Ponga

SJ
    Carrigan
    Siro
    Clune

HTF
    Averillo
    CS9
    Niu

Thoughts?

I would probs hold off on the Randall to Edwards trade mate, we still have 5 weeks left after this round.

There is a chance Averillo starts for Holland as well I reckon.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:26 am

White Lightning wrote:Would you rather keep Young or B. Sironen. Cheers.
    Is it for 18th man bro? If so I’d rather Sironen and do something to try and do a minor upgrade on Young if I had the funds eg spend the extra 110k to get Barnett or the extra 120k to get JFH. Alternatively around 30k more expensive than Young is Fitzgibbon and he’s just coming off the back of two scores of 50’s, you could do much worse than Fitzgibbon.

Depends on your teams situation I guess.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:47 am

thoughts on which trade I should do?

A: Talau to Talakai - Gives me a solid 17th man (well 15th until Haas and Munster are back) and a probably 20 point upgrade considering Talau's tough draw and lack of ball. Means I keep Haas.

B: Haas to Hunt - Frees up over 100k and gives me someone with a similar average (Hunt's average at hooker is over 70) but playing 2 more games. Means I don't have FRF cover but odds are I would just trade Carrigan or Fotu if anything happened to them (or buy an FRF if another player went down) - also not owning Hunt is killing me since the vast majority of the top 2k has him. Would mean not having Haas for the last 4 rounds though, and means I still have to carry Talau, likely to the end.

C: Niu to Koloa - Probably the safest play since Niu isn't gonna play this year, but I'm hesitant to trust that Souths pack, with my luck if I buy him, Knight and Sele will push him out next week. Means I actually have FRF cover though.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:32 am

Bethany_B wrote:thoughts on which trade I should do?

A: Talau to Talakai - Gives me a solid 17th man (well 15th until Haas and Munster are back) and a probably 20 point upgrade considering Talau's tough draw and lack of ball. Means I keep Haas.

B: Haas to Hunt - Frees up over 100k and gives me someone with a similar average (Hunt's average at hooker is over 70) but playing 2 more games. Means I don't have FRF cover but odds are I would just trade Carrigan or Fotu if anything happened to them (or buy an FRF if another player went down) - also not owning Hunt is killing me since the vast majority of the top 2k has him. Would mean not having Haas for the last 4 rounds though, and means I still have to carry Talau, likely to the end.

C: Niu to Koloa - Probably the safest play since Niu isn't gonna play this year, but I'm hesitant to trust that Souths pack, with my luck if I buy him, Knight and Sele will push him out next week. Means I actually have FRF cover though.
    I’d probs go with A but have you also considered Ofahengaue or Joliffe? I’d think they’d have better job security than Talakai with Nikora lurking in the emergencies.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:46 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I’d probs go with A but have you also considered Ofahengaue or Joliffe? I’d think they’d have better job security than Talakai with Nikora lurking in the emergencies.

Not long after I posted that, I went and looked at Hunt's average when at hooker and it is over 70. Even assuming that he averages just 60 from here on out, Haas would have to average 90 in the last 4 games to break even with Hunt averaging 60 in 6 games.

Option B seems like the clear best one then, as it is a significant points increase (assuming Haas averages 73 and Hunt averages 60, it's a difference of 68 points or just over 11 points a game)

Leaves me 2 trades, 160k in the bank and the following team.

Hunt
    Carrigan, Fotu
    Fifita, Lolo, Yeo
    Cleary, Wighton
    Lomax, Crichton
    Ponga, Teddy, Papy

Tevaga, Mann, HTF, Talau

Averillo, Randall, Munster, Niu

My plan here is to buy an FRF if I have any injuries in my front or back row (hell, I could even get Haas back if something were to happen to Fifita, Lolo or Yeo, since I have 160k in the bank). Sucks to have to play outside back roulette on my last reserve but I can just loop them if I need to, and once Munster is back, I'm pretty happy with my 17.

Getting Hunt is crucial for me as all the top teams have him and I don't, and he will most likely score more points than Haas anyway.

On Ofa and Jolliffe, I don't really trust their minutes, though I did consider double trading Haas to Hunt and Niu to Ofa to give me more depth, but I figure I'd rather hold the 2nd trade and use it to get Haas back if one of my forwards gets injured (or even Cleary, since I have three halves plus Hunt and Mann)
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:23 am

Rabbits21 wrote:I think the reason I’ve been so torn over Haas is yes I wanna make a run for overall to finish as high as possible but also as I want to go as well as possible in all the head to head finals leagues I am gonna be in which is many and I know most of my finals opponents will have Haas and I’m concerned that’ll come back to bite me in the arse come finals.

Can’t have it both ways I guess. When I think about it overall rank is more important to me. In my first year of playing for overall combined with head to head I ranked in at around 3000 learning so much in 2018, then last season fully committed to overall and learnt so much more finding this place in July last year and managed to finish 599th. Now I got up to 335 rank last week then have gone back out to 450 end of last round. I’d love to somehow be able to push for a top 300 finish.

I started playing fantasy in 2017 in that year I purely focused on head to head.

I’m in the same boat. Fairly hefty cash league. $600/$200 to the H2H finalists and then a seperate $100 for overall winner in the league. Currently leading the overall and coming second in the ladder with 2 weeks to play.

I wanna do well in the big scheme of things but that cash is so tempting
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:37 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

I’m in the same boat. Fairly hefty cash league. $600/$200 to the H2H finalists and then a seperate $100 for overall winner in the league. Currently leading the overall and coming second in the ladder with 2 weeks to play.

I wanna do well in the big scheme of things but that cash is so tempting

Cash trumps everything.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:42 am

wolfking wrote:

Cash trumps everything.

Yeah agreed. Just feels like the whole year has been geared to getting a decent rank and now I'm getting there it feels wrong to push it to the side.

I’m glad H2H finals is when I get Haas and Munster back though so that helps
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:31 am

robelgordo wrote:

100%. Overall ownership numbers don't tell you much at this point

www.footystatistics.com/ownership.php for top 1000 teams as of last round @Rabbits21
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:34 am

Revraiser wrote:Why can't I accept that Fogarty is killing it and should remain in the squad...

Same headspace for me. Average of 54 over the last 6 rounds including that 23 against Storm. He's firmly positioned at 17th man for me, but every time I look at it, it just feels light on. I guess the nagging feeling is the Titans could pack it in at a moments notice and his scores would suffer..

Revraiser wrote:I think im going in boys...

I am probably going to pull the trigger on him too.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:48 am

my tv broke wrote:

Same headspace for me. Average of 54 over the last 6 rounds including the 23 against Storm. He's firmly positioned at 17th man for me, but every time I look at it, it just feels light on.

I am probably going to pull the trigger on him too.

The Titans draw doesn't look to shabby and Fogarty will probably have some good scores left in him. But if you can upgrade him to a gun and have the trades for it I don't see why not
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:08 am

Rabbits21 wrote:I’ll be interested to see the split in captains this week with no Haas, should make things interesting.

If I bring McInnes in I have the following 5 as captaincy option:

McInnes
    Cleary
    Taumalolo
    Hunt 
    Carrigan

Interesting.

Re Taumalolo do we reckon he goes back to 65-70mins or does he play around 57mins again?

Also Carrigan this season when playing 60mins or more has averaged 63.8

In Hunts games at hooker this season he’s made 50 tackles nearly all the time I don’t see that happening against Brisbane as I expect the Dragons to have 60 percent of the ball so Hunt would have to make up his scoring in other ways including usual kick metres but also try assists, line break assists and line breaks etc.....

I have a feeling McInnes could score a try against a soft Shoncos middle defence and bust some tackles so I’m leaning towards putting the C on McInnes.

I think the 2 most popular options in the top 100 overall and top 50 of our FOG league will be McInnes and Cleary. There will be a small few that go for a Hunt or Taumalolo or even Cookie.

I think these two teams matchup evenly, and if anything the Broncos could easily win this, they have played solid for 40 mins and / or been in games until a point.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:10 am

13CokeHeads wrote:

He's going for Fifita Matterson or Jurbo this week. Been an absolute pleasure

Yeah this is the thing, price wise he is the perfect candidate to leave now, but he is scoring well. Will he still offer up a 27 though..
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:17 am

Revraiser wrote:

I think these two teams matchup evenly, and if anything the Broncos could easily win this, they have played solid for 40 mins and / or been in games until a point.

If we had Haas I'd give us a chance, but the problem might be our attitude. Issues within the group seem to be bubbling to the surface..

Losing Turpin last week is a big loss simply because his replacements are awful. Milford's return could make a big difference. The hammy being reported as a grade 2 tear and then he's suddenly back two weeks later.. its a strange one.

Our pack is extremely weak, its going to take a mammoth effort from Carrigan/Ofa/Kennedy/Riki/Bullemor to keep us in the fight for 80.. can see us collapsing in the last 20 mins again for sure.

Last edited by my tv broke on Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 10:08 am