NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:52 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I would be running with no cover and need to burn a trade if Carrigan/Mofo are out at any point

I think most would be in the same position. I'm in the exact position.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday

Post by robelgordo Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:53 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I am contemplating  going with Haas to McInnes and Aubusson to JFH. I’m in the same situation mate. I would have like Moses but am 2k short of it.

I still have 4 trades left after this and would hopefully be able to get Haas back in, if not it is what it is..... in fact probs can’t get Haas back but the 2 weeks points gain with McInnes probs outscores Haas.

Team would be:

McInnes/Cook
    JFH MoFo
    Taumalolo Yeo Murray
    Cleary Pearce
    Crichton Latrell
    Teddy Ponga Pap

Hunt Carrigan Lucy Taupau
    Hammer B. Sironen Randall Niu

Thoughts on that lads?

I really like the value in JFH at  636k.

Or is idea too crazy?

I dropped 115 places to 450 last week so feel it may be time to just risk it.

It's effectively McInnes/Cook v HTF for two weeks, then McInnes/Cook v Haas for the next 4? Not sure who you'd get to replace Aubs if holding Haas (still JFH?). But seems like a definite points upgrade to me, and you keep FRF cover. I wouldn't even be worried about getting Haas back or not.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:54 pm

considering Haas to Mofo, nets me 300k and if he averages 50 to end the season in 6 games he probably beats Haas in overall points in that time. The cash allows me to upgrade to a premo
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:56 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I am contemplating  going with Haas to McInnes and Aubusson to JFH. I’m in the same situation mate. I would have like Moses but am 2k short of it.

I still have 4 trades left after this and would hopefully be able to get Haas back in, if not it is what it is..... in fact probs can’t get Haas back but the 2 weeks points gain with McInnes probs outscores Haas.

Team would be:

McInnes/Cook
    JFH MoFo
    Taumalolo Yeo Murray
    Cleary Pearce
    Crichton Latrell
    Teddy Ponga Pap

Hunt Carrigan Lucy Taupau
    Hammer B. Sironen Randall Niu

Thoughts on that lads?

I really like the value in JFH at  636k.

Or is idea too crazy?

I dropped 115 places to 450 last week so feel it may be time to just risk it.

if you are going to get Haas back in you need to look at who makes way and how much you'll need to get him back in.  Depending on price changes and who you look to toss, it may cost you 2 trades to get him back in.

No one is going to know what the right play is here.  We'll know in 6 weeks time.
    Adrianoooo
    Adrianoooo

Post by Adrianoooo Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:58 pm

Any chance of Munster being named or just wishful thinking?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:58 pm

robelgordo wrote:

It's effectively McInnes/Cook v HTF for two weeks, then McInnes/Cook v Haas for the next 4? Not sure who you'd get to replace Aubs if holding Haas (still JFH?). But seems like a definite points upgrade to me, and you keep FRF cover. I wouldn't even be worried about getting Haas back or not.
    Mate I think I’ll go Haas to McInnes and put the C on McInnes as he’s probs next best reliable C option for mine.

Do we know if Flegler is gonna play for Brisbane or sit out?

I’m also looking at Ofahengaue at 365k who has DPP and could replace Siro. So I’d have to decide whether getting JFH is better this week or getting Ofa before his price shoots up.

As for your team can you post it please mate so I can see what I think you should do?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:00 pm

robelgordo wrote:I reckon 5-6 trades, Haas out for McInnes or Cook in 1 move is a no brainer. Even if it leaves you unable to get Haas back or risking no FRF cover.

I've got 4 left and already have those two so a bit stuck.

I think I can net say 80-100 more points across the remainder of the season trading Haas + Aubs out for Gun FRF + Gun, but would leave me with 2 left only. Don't think it's an acceptable risk.

Would really appreciate some views on this.

I am in the same boat, 4 trades left. I am more likely to go for it, playing it safe is wise but u won't reach as high potentially if you risk it and things fall your way. I'd much rather have a crack.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:00 pm

wolfking wrote:

if you are going to get Haas back in you need to look at who makes way and how much you'll need to get him back in.  Depending on price changes and who you look to toss, it may cost you 2 trades to get him back in.

No one is going to know what the right play is here.  We'll know in 6 weeks time.
    Well if McInnes averages 67 from 6 weeks that’s 402 points. If Haas comes back and averages 77 the last 4 games that is 308 points so a 90 odd point difference.

If I wanted to try get Haas back in I’d have to forego McInnes and probs bring in Cook.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:03 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Well if McInnes averages 67 from 6 weeks that’s 402 points. If Haas comes back and averages 77 the last 4 games that is 308 points so a 90 odd point difference.

If I wanted to try get Haas back in I’d have to forego McInnes and probs bring in Cook.

BUT, while McInnes will outscore Haas by as you say 90 odd points, you need to calculate in your replacement player if you hold Haas. If it's say Hammer and he scores 20 each week, you're gaining 50 points, not so much 90 points.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:04 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Show us your current team please mate?

Cook
    Mofo Carrigan
    McInnes Lolo Tevaga
    Hunt Pearce
    Lee McIntyre
    Teddy Ponga Paps
    Mann Butcher Haas Aubs
    CS9 Talau Siro Niu

95k ITB

Original plan (pre-Haas news) was to trade Aubs for someone like Brimson, which is good for WFB cover and leaves me 3 trades.

Alternative is say Aubs/Haas to Klemmer/Moses, 2 trades left, no additional WFB cover, but probably more depth in my 18.
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

Post by Erin Moleman Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:07 pm

For those asking about Munster he was on one of the shows on fox and pretty much said he’s going to take his time with this one because he doesn’t want the same thing to happen and miss a month when it matters. Also talked up Cooper johns, I’d be surprised if he played in the next two weeks.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:07 pm

Storm just posted an injury update

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2020/08/18/round-15-injury-report-with-frank-ponissi/

Ponissi says there is no chance Munster plays this week, won't be named. He is a slight chance for next week, but looking more likely for the week after that against Rabbitohs

Says CS9 won't be named either. They are hoping he start contact next week and be able to play Manly

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:08 pm

Revraiser wrote:

I am in the same boat, 4 trades left. I am more likely to go for it, playing it safe is wise but u won't reach as high potentially if you risk it and things fall your way. I'd much rather have a crack.

The more I look at it the more inclined I am to do it.

Worst case here I run out with 4 rounds to go. Which is still better than last year.

It seems weird to hold Smith for 3 and trade Haas for 2 but circumstances change.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:14 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:

There's 6 rounds left, Haas has  a maximum of 4 games left, there's no reason a few of the best props can score the same  amount of points as Haas to end the season, for much cheaper.

Just remember equation is
    TradeIn * 6 against Haas * 4 + 18th man * 2

Obviously squad depth and other injuries in your squad mean that 18th man score may be useful or it may be 0.

For me - if Munster and Siro are also out (seems likely?) then 18th man is HTF, which means a trade might be worth it.
    Have to wait for TLT (or depending on extended benches, final team lists)
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:14 pm

wolfking wrote:

BUT, while McInnes will outscore Haas by as you say 90 odd points, you need to calculate in your replacement player if you hold Haas.  If it's say Hammer and he scores 20 each week, you're gaining 50 points, not so much 90 points.
    The fact I don’t have any halves or hooker cover comes into it as well. For a few weeks I’ve been looking at how to fix that and have held off. Getting McInnes in for Haas allows me to move Hunt to 14.

If I hold Haas I would probs have to sell Aubbs to Dearden and with Milford due back soon he could affect Dearden’s kicking metres and I’d also have to look at Siro to Nikorima or Ofahengaue. Leaves me still without hooker cover.

Alternatively I could run with Aubbs to JFH but couldn’t afford a half in Dearden or Nikorima and would need to bring in Ofahengaue. Once again leaves me with hooket cover and halves cover.
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:18 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:

There's 6 rounds left, Haas has  a maximum of 4 games left, there's no reason a few of the best props can score the same  amount of points as Haas to end the season, for much cheaper.

Maybe but maybe not. Haas is ahead of the next best FRF on averages by 14 points. I do see the merit in it though possibly combining for more points over 6 weeks.

E.g in my case holding Haas means I have to play Clune and Fermor for 2 weeks or use trades to get someone else okay into my 17.
    Could holding Haas and playing that combo for 2 weeks outscore playing just one of them and trading in a Papalii or Klemmer? Hmmmm maybe.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:18 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Cook
    Mofo Carrigan
    McInnes Lolo Tevaga
    Hunt Pearce
    Lee McIntyre
    Teddy Ponga Paps
    Mann Butcher Haas Aubs
    CS9 Talau Siro Niu

95k ITB

Original plan (pre-Haas news) was to trade Aubs for someone like Brimson, which is good for WFB cover and leaves me 3 trades.

Alternative is say Aubs/Haas to Klemmer/Moses, 2 trades left, no additional WFB cover, but probably more depth in my 18.
    Gee that’s a very tough choice as you already have McInnes and Cook. I’m scratching my head.

Have you thought about Dearden in for Aubbs? Issue would be Milford maybe affecting his scoring when he’s back though.

Siro or Aubbs to Ofahengaue I’d look at as well if you hold Haas. You’d think Ofa starts and gets big minutes now.

I reckon if I was you I would probs just wanna make 1 trade.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:24 pm

Upvote: Trade Haas to McInnes and bring in JFH for Aubbs as well. So Haas and Aubbs out McInnes and JFH in
    Downvote: Hold Haas, trade Aubbs to Dearden and Siro to Lawrie/Ofahengaue but leaves me no hooker cover for Hunt.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:25 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Gee that’s a very tough choice as you already have McInnes and Cook. I’m scratching my head.

Have you thought about Dearden in for Aubbs? Issue would be Milford maybe affecting his scoring when he’s back though.

Siro or Aubbs to Ofahengaue I’d look at as well if you hold Haas. You’d think Ofa starts and gets big minutes now.

I reckon if I was you I would probs just wanna make 1 trade.

Thanks. In your case, I would definitely to the 2-trade option. A lot of people will be stuck with Haas. A lot will move Haas but have no FRF cover and/or not enough trades. You can move on Haas and avoid those problems.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:26 pm

my tv broke wrote:Storm just posted an injury update

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2020/08/18/round-15-injury-report-with-frank-ponissi/

Ponissi says there is no chance Munster plays this week, won't be named. He is a slight chance for next week, but looking more likely for the week after that against Rabbitohs

Says CS9 won't be named either. They are hoping he start contact next week and be able to play Manly

Holding Cameron for a 1-2 week layoff with the "possibility" that he could've returned in that Knights game has now turned into a 3 week layoff. Luckily his replacement in Koro has averaged 73 which is only 4 less than McInnes for 150K cheaper.

Praying Twal is named and then will spend the rest of the week contemplating Haas to McInness...

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:13 am