NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Survivor Thread 3 - 10 Remain - 3 on Exile *Exile Challenge Thursday Night*

Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Survivor Thread 3 - 10 Remain - 3 on Exile *Exile Challenge Thursday Night* - Page 20 Empty Re: Survivor Thread 3 - 10 Remain - 3 on Exile *Exile Challenge Thursday Night*

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:12 pm

RandomSil wrote:

Even though you lodged one sharp object into my chest (Because I saw it coming), you were my pick. Now... Now who is going to step up their gif game.

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Well played Teeth
    You were an important part of the biggest play in the game so far and managed to survive exile island

jelejasof wrote:Well played Teeth, bloody unlucky this week.

Just as well we don't have any trades to think about for our own fantasy teams...

Thanks fellas, appreciate it.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Survivor Thread 3 - 10 Remain - 3 on Exile *Exile Challenge Thursday Night* - Page 20 Empty Re: Survivor Thread 3 - 10 Remain - 3 on Exile *Exile Challenge Thursday Night*

Post by Jele Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:17 pm

Looks like McGuire in both Group A and B, @B/L?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:21 pm

Unlucky Teeth mate survived some rough weeks and cracking job to get this far! Good luck fella
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:23 pm

Welshy wrote:Unlucky Teeth mate survived some rough weeks and cracking job to get this far! Good luck fella

Thanks mate. Yeah, it was a wild ride. Got to experience a lot of the game, so happy with that.

Not completely devastated that I can unwind and relax a bit now, though. Wink
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:24 pm

Well done Teeth. You fought hard mate. Safe travels!
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:25 pm

Fixed. I was bound to double up on someone.

Or was I testing you all Suspect

When submitting please place your bids in order that they are listed in the group's and submit line by line.

Remember you don't have to bid on every player. I will leave the strategy all up to yourselves. I would imagine the first aim is to ensure you fill your squad.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:26 pm

Remember only group a first. I am doing this in groups to give you all an opportunity to adjust your strategy on the go.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:27 pm

Only group 1 is available to bid on currently is that correct?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:27 pm

Answered my question above before I could ask it lol
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:28 pm

wolfking wrote:Well done Teeth.  You fought hard mate.  Safe travels!

Thanks mate.

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:30 pm

1. Is there a timeline on each grouping when bidding opens and closes?
    2. If players don't get bid on do they come back on the market and we can rebid if we have money?
    3. If we get more than the number of players allowed, can we choose which ones count?
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:35 pm

1. 2pm tomorrow cutoff as that is when I will be available to review
    2. I will consider putting them Into the final group however I would assume most will go.
    3. Nope. First in are your players. Bad luck on the rest.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:37 pm

So that's 2pm for each of the 4 groups total?

Edit: Sorry, just read that it would be group A. Never mind me. You can tell I'm going to go well in this one lol.

Last edited by wolfking on Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:45 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Sorry dudes, was seriously reading The Little Mermaid to my daughter as all that went down. One eye on the book, one (teary) eye on the laptop screen, lol. Hectic.

Anyway, thanks for the ride. It's been real.

Massive thanks to B/L for running this whole thing and keeping it going. Thanks mate, it's been good fun and you're a gem for putting it all together. Love the pics n' GIFs and stuff too.  

To my two compadres who voted with me tonight, best of luck for the rest of the game. Hope it's one of you two that bring it home.

Special thanks to RandomSil for the support too, lol. Good times.

Bummed I never got to pull out a fake idol or some of the other plans I had along the way, but it was just too hard to tell if I was going for sure or not. 'Twas relatively smooth sailing until about 4pm today when I really started getting a vibe it was not to be my night. Like Chucky last week, cursing the fuck out of this week's Immunity challenge. Just the fact that Mulvy and I were ahead before updates. Ouch. The cruelty.

Anyway, thanks again B/L and good luck to everyone left in the game, and well done for making it this far. I'm not going to lie - really bummed to be out of the game, but looking forward to stress-free Monday and Tuesday nights and settling the mind a bit. Sounds like these Jury parties will be a nice place to unwind and sink my teeth into my fellow jury member- food. I mean food. Nachos and dips and stuff, that will be at the parties.

Survivor Thread 3 - 10 Remain - 3 on Exile *Exile Challenge Thursday Night* - Page 20 Giphy

Survivor Thread 3 - 10 Remain - 3 on Exile *Exile Challenge Thursday Night* - Page 20 Giphy

Bad luck mate. Man that challenge loss smarts, I tried my guts out there. I think we both put in a lot of effort. I haven't done too much post analysis, but I'm sorry if any of my calls screwed you, it wasn't my intention, obviously I wanted to win the shit out of it. You've been a lot of fun throughout the whole thing, thanks for that mate.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:18 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Bad luck mate. Man that challenge loss smarts, I tried my guts out there. I think we both put in a lot of effort. I haven't done too much post analysis, but I'm sorry if any of my calls screwed you, it wasn't my intention, obviously I wanted to win the shit out of it. You've been a lot of fun throughout the whole thing, thanks for that mate.

Thanks mate, and yeah, no regrets about the challenge. I think we both made good calls in that and just got real unlucky with those updates.

Funnily enough, I was curled up in a ball on the tiles of my shower just then thinking how I wanted those few extra points for Kerr but you thought he'd go lower. One of the very few minor "disagreements" we had, but I wonder if that would have made the difference. Haha. But I have no doubt you made up more points elsewhere than I did. Wink

Anyway, good luck to you too. Thanks for the kind words and I hope you go well.
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:36 pm

B/L wrote:
    The bottom 3 from this challenge will be the only tribe members illegible to receive votes.

It's past my bedtime... I read this multiple times.  I assume you mean "eligible".
    [Not trying to be a dick...]

Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:15 pm

B/L wrote:

Think of strategy and PM me your bids for Group A, once I have received all bids I will post the results of who gets which player and inform everyone of their remaining salary cap.

B/L - just checking the remaining salary cap details will be informed individually rather than posted in the thread?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:18 pm

Well played Teeth you have done brilliant to get this far very well played.

At least you can put your feet up now and take it easy plus eat some proper food and clean yourself up etc......

I was hoping you’d go deeper but it wasn’t to be.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:29 pm

You make a good point jele.

It is probably a good idea for me to keep the prices secret until the bidding is finished so I will do that.

I have received 2 answers so far with completely different strategies. I know which way I would go but I'll wait and see how it plays out.

B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:30 pm

Remember you don't have to bid on a player. The 100k only applies if you choose to bid just stopping Kent's from signing players for 1 dollar.

I've been wanting to do this challenge for a while but was waiting for the right time and a week I knew I would have time to keep on top of it.

It's pretty hard to think how to execute it perfectly but so there could be a few chinks along the way.

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 6:10 pm