NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 67 - You get an injury, you get an injury, and you get an injury! ☹

Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 67 - You get an injury, you get an injury, and you get an injury! ☹ - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 67 - You get an injury, you get an injury, and you get an injury! ☹

Post by Welshy Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:07 pm

I’d be extremely wary of Thompson, minute drop last week, 1 TB and zero offloads in 3 games. Pure Blake Lawrie currently
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 67 - You get an injury, you get an injury, and you get an injury! ☹ - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 67 - You get an injury, you get an injury, and you get an injury! ☹

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:15 pm

Welshy wrote:I’d be extremely wary of Thompson, minute drop last week, 1 TB and zero offloads in 3 games. Pure Blake Lawrie currently

I'm definitely concerned he's scored well once in three games so far.

I just noticed I could do Kerr/Field for Thompson/Aubbs which makes my team look pretty solid. Would love a solid scoring centre for as long as Aubbs is in town.

Just not sure Thompson is worth the Kerr trade, though. But I'm not sold on Taupau either for those extra dollars (which I don't have at the moment).
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:39 pm

my tv broke wrote:I've updated the ownership numbers for the top 1000 teams at the end of the round.

https://footystatistics.com/ownership.php

If you want to see a smaller subset, just adjust the number in the link below:

https://footystatistics.com/ownership.php?teams=100

Ben Hunt in most of the top teams. Tevaga not as many trade ins as I thought.

I’m surprised by Murray’ low ownership. Only in 102 teams. One of them being mine cheer
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:44 pm

KingTeddy wrote:

Yeah true mate. Yep still a great buy, finally get to own him. Probably gonna captain him this week if he gets named at hooker, will be in for a big game against his former club!

I'm doing the same. Bring him in for Macca and put the C on him for this round, sit back and watch him score 80+
    He should get DPP for sure... still low ownership too
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:05 am

I have 8 trades and 39k spare? Anyone think I need to make any trades?

I am leaning towards holding this week.

Can use Niu as a centre loop for S. Crichton and Latrell. I’ll be playing Aubbo definitely as my first centre option.

Team is:

Grant
    Haas MoFo
    Lucy Murray Yeo
    Cleary Pearce
    Aubbo Niu
    Teddy Ponga Pap

Hunt Carrigan Taupau Young
    B. Sironen Latrell S. Crichton Hammer

Anyone think I need to make trades?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:44 am

Rabbits21 wrote:I have 8 trades and 39k spare? Anyone think I need to make any trades?

I am leaning towards holding this week.

Can use Niu as a centre loop for S. Crichton and Latrell. I’ll be playing Aubbo definitely as my first centre option.

Team is:

Grant
    Haas MoFo
    Lucy Murray Yeo
    Cleary Pearce
    Aubbo Niu
    Teddy Ponga Pap

Hunt Carrigan Taupau Young
    B. Sironen Latrell S. Crichton Hammer

Anyone think I need to make trades?

Hold your trades, you don't have anyone that's an urgent sell.

If you did want to get rid of Tesi Niu, then Starling or Randall would be your best bet.

That said I have one less trade than you and am burning another one this week on selling Field to Randall or Starling, and thinking of burning a 2nd one to sell Luai to the other cheap hooker. Would leave me with 5 trades, 311k and the following side

Grant
    Haas, Fotu
    Tevaga, Lolo, Yeo
    Cleary, Flanno
    Lomax, Crichton
    Teddy, Ponga, Papy

Mann, Carrigan, Starling, Randall

Talau, HTF, Averillo, Niu
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:54 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Hold your trades, you don't have anyone that's an urgent sell.

If you did want to get rid of Tesi Niu, then Starling or Randall would be your best bet.

That said I have one less trade than you and am burning another one this week on selling Field to Randall or Starling, and thinking of burning a 2nd one to sell Luai to the other cheap hooker. Would leave me with 5 trades, 311k and the following side

Grant
    Haas, Fotu
    Tevaga, Lolo, Yeo
    Cleary, Flanno
    Lomax, Crichton
    Teddy, Ponga, Papy

Mann, Carrigan, Starling, Randall

Talau, HTF, Averillo, Niu
    Yeah I think I’ll hold. Hopefully Young is named in the second row once again tomorrow. If so will jjst need to figure out whether I play Young or Siro as 17th man.

As for you I would just make the 1 trade. I would not use 2 you’ll regret it in coming weeks.

I’d just bring in one of Randall or Starling. Who knows Randall may be named on the bench tomorrow and not starting.

Luai has a BE in the low to mid 20’s so I would not be selling him this week.

I’m certain that you definitely need to save a trade this week.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:56 am

Also for DansEels don’t bring Jack Johns in, that would be stupidity. Absolute waste of a trade mate.

Every trade at this point should imo be used very wisely.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:56 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Yeah I think I’ll hold. Hopefully Young is named in the second row once again tomorrow. If so will jjst need to figure out whether I play Young or Siro as 17th man.

As for you I would just make the 1 trade. I would not use 2 you’ll regret it in coming weeks.

I’d just bring in one of Randall or Starling. Who knows Randall may be named on the bench tomorrow and not starting.

Luai has a BE in the low to mid 20’s so I would not be selling him this week.

I’m certain that you definitely need to save a trade this week.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'll hang onto Luai and bank a trade, and I think I'm gonna go Starling as he seems to have a defined role, while Randall doesn't really. While I think Randall will start, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some Mann/Hoy/Lino/Crossland fuckery on the bench that cuts into Randall's mins.

Field to Starling still leaves me 90k in the bank, 17 starters and 6 trades. That said, I had a look at my trades last year and I actually had less trades at this point last year (had 5 trades left over the last 9 rounds)
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:37 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'll hang onto Luai and bank a trade, and I think I'm gonna go Starling as he seems to have a defined role, while Randall doesn't really. While I think Randall will start, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some Mann/Hoy/Lino/Crossland fuckery on the bench that cuts into Randall's mins.

Field to Starling still leaves me 90k in the bank, 17 starters and 6 trades. That said, I had a look at my trades last year and I actually had less trades at this point last year (had 5 trades left over the last 9 rounds)
    I think this year in the run home will be different especially moreso than ever given there have been no bye rounds in this shortened comp. it’ll be fantasy carnage.

Teams cemented in that top 4 will rest star players and especially against weaker opposition as well.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:23 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Good luck in the eliminator this week mate

Haha I drew the short straw there! Cheers mate, you too.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:52 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I think this year in the run home will be different especially moreso than ever given there have been no bye rounds in this shortened comp. it’ll be fantasy carnage.

Teams cemented in that top 4 will rest star players and especially against weaker opposition as well.
    Yeah I agree. I think it will heavily affect 80 min players. See shorter stints
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:38 am

Welshy wrote:I’d be extremely wary of Thompson, minute drop last week, 1 TB and zero offloads in 3 games. Pure Blake Lawrie currently
    I kinda see this as a positive though. The shorter minutes allowed him to do more work ore tackles and RM) which may have been a plan going into the game. The doggies are a middle third slug it out team, so I'd be surprised if that changed. Also he was known for being a dynamic forward over in Britain so I expect as he gets more comfortable with the Australian game he'll be making more TBs and get some attacking stats. 

As a new owner I might be being quite glass half full, but I can definitely see him as a good buy.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:07 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    I kinda see this as a positive though. The shorter minutes allowed him to do more work ore tackles and RM) which may have been a plan going into the game. The doggies are a middle third slug it out team, so I'd be surprised if that changed. Also he was known for being a dynamic forward over in Britain so I expect as he gets more comfortable with the Australian game he'll be making more TBs and get some attacking stats. 

As a new owner I might be being quite glass half full, but I can definitely see him as a good buy.
    Watched Thompson for years in SL he will struggle to maintain a 50 average playing lesser minutes, not same player as Bateman doesn’t have the extras
    VERTiiGO
    VERTiiGO

Post by VERTiiGO Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:08 am

any way i can see my rank from last year?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:11 am

Any ideas on how SJ goes with a rookie next to him?

Might be a goer for the run home
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:22 am

Gonna go Robson to mcinnes leaves 4 trades left

Mcinnes
    Hass taupau
    Yeo carrigan rfm
    Pearce flanno
    Talau Crichton
    Ponga teddy pappy

Grant hunt jfh young

Luai hetherington averillo nui

Will need to use 2 trades to upgrade young will try to hold out as long as possible
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:23 am

KingTeddy wrote:Bringing in Mcinnes this week hoping for his DPP after this round. Anyone know why his scores seem to be lower at lock rather than at hooker? Don't understand how playing lock would make him score less cause hooker and lock both defend in the middle of the park, but at lock he benefits from run meters and opportunities for TB with his elusiveness around the ruck? Was it just a few quiter games because his tackle count was much lower at lock or do you reckon he might have been told to ease up on all the tackles and focus on running a fair bit as he is already a great defender. Thoughts lads?

From watching the games he tends to defend as A defender when hooker and B or C when playing lock. Generally keeps him less involved, although seems to get targeted whenever there is a situation of him defending next to Hunt. Seems a sound strategy since they are two smaller guys.

From watching the stats he gets about 10 tackles less a game at lock so seems to follow the eye test
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:26 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I’m surprised by Murray’ low ownership. Only in 102 teams. One of them being mine cheer

Hasn't scored a single try in my 7 weeks of owning him, but managed 10 last year including 2 doubles.

I asked Butters and this means he is in for a monster back end of the year
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:27 am

McInnes always seems to have games where he has some quick scoots Goes sideways and racks up multiple TBs. Hasn’t been able to do that playing lock, hopefully it ups his scoring chances and more chance close to line getting barge over TA/LBAs

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 5:08 am