NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo

Empyreal
    Empyreal

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo

Post by Empyreal Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:17 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Tempted to take a captain gamble this week. I haven't taken it off Haas all year.
    Matterson: Against his old team after a week off and will want to rip in. Eels with their troops back!!
    Lolo: Loves a battle against the Eagles pack. Historical average of 81 against them.
    Cleary: Against the Titans.. could be the Cleary show again
    DCE: Against the Cows who just lost their coach and could be in even more shambles.
    Ponga: Found some form again last week and could be in for a big day on a dry sunday afternoon track against the Dogs in the hunter.
    Papenhuyzen: Big Gamble but the Broncos have holes everywhere!
    Tedesco: Non Owner!

I captained Grant last week which failed because he only played 64 mins and Haas played 80; basically reversed of their typical minutes. If Haas continues to get 80 mins (really hard to tell as Seibold may keep playing him 80 in a desperate attempt to keep his job) then he's 100% the best captaincy option. If he continues to get 65 mins then you should look at other options. I'm captaining Teddy this week but I think Grant/Cleary/DCE would be good options.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:19 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:JUST PUTTING MY THOUGHTS DOWN IN WRITING

No comments on the plans cause I think you have it pretty well covered, but it definitely helps to put some rough plans down and see how far off you are

My situation after trades this week

10 trades and 168k

Cook
    Haas, Mofo
    Taumalolo, Murray, Carrigan
    DCE, Cleary
    Croker, X
    Ponga, RTS, Papy

Grant, Koroisau, X, X

3 spots in the 17 to fill with keepers and probably want a decent 18th man

Havili, Fermor, Crichton, Farnworth, Hammer, Niu and Asi will need to generate the cash

Currently need Crichton to make 6k more than Tevaga to be able to afford the straight swap next week(assuming Tevaga starts this week) leaves 9 trades.

This leaves a rotation of Niu, Asi, Farnworth(assuming DPP) at CTR which I think is fine for the rest of the year if they are all playing

This means I need to turn Hammer, Havili and Fermor into my 17th man + 18th man. Let's call it 3 trades which leaves 6 for injuries.

Assuming no cash left over from Crichton>Tevaga, this would leave a current value of 1,089,000 for 3 positions. 228k gives a reasonable cash out, can go to 212k if cash looks short but less chance these guys get a game

That leaves 861k at current prices for a 17th and 18th man. In the 18th position I'm happy with a boom bust like Rapana(323k) which leaves 538k currently. Luke Thompson is currently the best option in this range, although could also consider Liam Martin, Lodge, Kikau, Butcher, Jackson, Wade Graham, Brimson(when he returns), Milford

Using a reasonable assumption that Havili, Fermor and Hammer make another 150k between them, this gives me 688k for a 17th man. This gives the likes of Cody Walker, Fitzgibbon, BSmith, Taupau, Arrow, Wighton, RFM, Tommy T, Brooks, NBrown, Paulo, Pearce, RCG, Williams. Possibility of Munster/Moses dropping into this range as well.

I think I much prefer waiting a little while and getting Taupau/Arrow/Tommy T as 17th man

StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:24 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

No comments on the plans cause I think you have it pretty well covered, but it definitely helps to put some rough plans down and see how far off you are

My situation after trades this week

10 trades and 168k

Cook
    Haas, Mofo
    Taumalolo, Murray, Carrigan
    DCE, Cleary
    Croker, X
    Ponga, RTS, Papy

Grant, Koroisau, X, X

3 spots in the 17 to fill with keepers and probably want a decent 18th man

Havili, Fermor, Crichton, Farnworth, Hammer, Niu and Asi will need to generate the cash

Currently need Crichton to make 6k more than Tevaga to be able to afford the straight swap next week(assuming Tevaga starts this week) leaves 9 trades.

This leaves a rotation of Niu, Asi, Farnworth(assuming DPP) at CTR which I think is fine for the rest of the year if they are all playing

This means I need to turn Hammer, Havili and Fermor into my 17th man + 18th man. Let's call it 3 trades which leaves 6 for injuries.

Assuming no cash left over from Crichton>Tevaga, this would leave a current value of 1,089,000 for 3 positions. 228k gives a reasonable cash out, can go to 212k if cash looks short but less chance these guys get a game

That leaves 861k at current prices for a 17th and 18th man. In the 18th position I'm happy with a boom bust like Rapana(323k) which leaves 538k currently. Luke Thompson is currently the best option in this range, although could also consider Liam Martin, Lodge, Kikau, Butcher, Jackson, Wade Graham, Brimson(when he returns), Milford

Using a reasonable assumption that Havili, Fermor and Hammer make another 150k between them, this gives me 688k for a 17th man. This gives the likes of Cody Walker, Fitzgibbon, BSmith, Taupau, Arrow, Wighton, RFM, Tommy T, Brooks, NBrown, Paulo, Pearce, RCG, Williams. Possibility of Munster/Moses dropping into this range as well.

I think I much prefer waiting a little while and getting Taupau/Arrow/Tommy T as 17th man

I am stealing your plan.. thanks.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:26 am

Mr Snrub wrote:I'm probably playing McIntyre for the foreseeable future in my CTR's. Hey it's not so bad, he once got knocked out after 7 minutes and he still scored more than what Best once scored in 80 minutes.  

If Averillo is still out I'll have to do the same. Never thought I'd say it, but with Niu going down I fear I might regret getting rid of Latrell.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:29 am

My post on Lone Scout FB Q and A requests. Echoing what's been said on here:

"Why is Try Save so horrifically inconsistent? Please get rid next season"
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:39 am

Mr Snrub wrote:I'm probably playing McIntyre for the foreseeable future in my CTR's. Hey it's not so bad, he once got knocked out after 7 minutes and he still scored more than what Best once scored in 80 minutes.  

I brought him in a few weeks back for precisely that, ideally he was a playable centre every week, plus his dpp and maybe make cash. Perfect. Genuinely not interested in wasting 4 or 5 hundred grand in this position, absolutely no benefit.
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:40 am

Loomer wrote:My post on Lone Scout FB Q and A requests. Echoing what's been said on here:

"Why is Try Save so horrifically inconsistent? Please get rid next season"

Potential Criteria:
    Subjective: the defender stops someone in the action of scoring a try

-Objective:
    - the defender stops someone one on one within 5m of the try line
    - defender/s stop someone over the try line

OR my personal favourite: If the commentator says the words "try saver" in their commentary
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:45 am

Lone Scout has no control over what is and what isnt a try save.

Admittedly yes they could just not attribute points to it
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:47 am

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:

Potential Criteria:

-Objective:

OR my personal favourite: If the commentator says the words "try saver" in their commentary

I don't know about this one, sometimes teams might pull someone into the in-goal who have no chance of scoring as they're upright but the defending team just want them to restart next play 10m out rather than right on the goal-line. Think there was one like this last week with Hudson Young

It's a bit hard to make the stat objective
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:49 am

my tv broke wrote:Lone Scout has no control over what is and what isnt a try save.

Admittedly yes they could just not attribute points to it

Just getting it out of fantasy is the best option. Nobody can explain how it works
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:49 am

Camo123 wrote:

I don't know about this one, sometimes teams might pull someone into the in-goal who have no chance of scoring as they're upright but the defending team just want them to restart next play 10m out rather than right on the goal-line. Think there was one like this last week with Hudson Young

It's a bit hard to make the stat objective

Could say in the act of scoring etc to try and rationalise it. I agree though I think it's subjective or likely nothing
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:51 am

Speaking of dodgy stats though. Reece Robson conceded 1 penalty last week according to NRL match centre. Conceded 2 penalties according to fantasy. Given they are supposed to be the same stats - you wonder what happened there.

Will us Robson owners ever get our 2 points back?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:54 am

Loomer wrote:

Same reason for Lucy all the injured but plays or injured in training ground but ok etc. If I'd pulled the trigger on Rudolf>Fermor when we got 4 trades I may well have kept Lucy but such is life
    If Rudolf keeps getting 60 minutes at lock, he likely scores similarly to Lucy for the rest of the season.
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:55 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Speaking of dodgy stats though. Reece Robson conceded 1 penalty last week according to NRL match centre. Conceded 2 penalties according to fantasy. Given they are supposed to be the same stats  - you wonder what happened there.

I don't own him but i'm always up for a riot in the name of injustice

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo - Page 34 Giphy

(edit: cow makes gif work)

Last edited by Milchcow on Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:04 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : gifs not working.. back to cow school (AGAIN))
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:58 am

I will happily accept 2 trades as compensation for Robson's missing points
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:59 am

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:

Potential Criteria:

-Objective:

If this were the case then every player would have a TS on the games Anasta calls.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:02 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Speaking of dodgy stats though. Reece Robson conceded 1 penalty last week according to NRL match centre. Conceded 2 penalties according to fantasy. Given they are supposed to be the same stats  - you wonder what happened there.

via GIPHY

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:04 am

Was thinking about ditching Pearce for Hunt, but Sunday arvo game at home against the Dogs, probably a sideways trade.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:05 am

mattnz wrote:
    If Rudolf keeps getting 60 minutes at lock, he likely scores similarly to Lucy for the rest of the season.
    I’m confident Lucy easily outscores Rudolf.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:05 am

wolfking wrote:Was thinking about ditching Pearce for Hunt, but Sunday arvo game at home against the Dogs, probably a sideways trade.
    Same here.

I may just not bother getting Hunt in.

If Murray is named in the second row I may go Murray to Hunt.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:54 am