NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo

code delta
    code delta

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo

Post by code delta Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:44 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:
    I think I need a codeword.

delta
    Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo

Post by Welshy Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:57 pm

More so hoping for my own squad but Milf has some biiig KM numbers from his fullback stints previous. Hopefully that sticks
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:31 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

What happened to those young Rabbitohs forwards that were being talked up all preseason? Jack Johns and Koloamatangi would be options

Also recent signing of Jed Cartwright could see him slot in
    Jed wasn’t til next year I thought.

Koloamatangi has had a leg injury, unsure of the severity.

Jack Johns was in the 18 last week.

We will either bring Sironen in to start or move Murray to edge with Sele starting at lock.

I am hoping Murray stays in the middle but have no clue what Wayne will do.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:03 am

Bethany_B wrote:B Sironen apparently will start in Lowe's spot, with Jack Johns coming onto the bench.

@Rabbits21 Do Souths have any back rowers returning anytime soon? I might get him in instead of McIntyre and then sell Angus to Cleary, as if Siro's starting, then I'm more willing to bring him in as forward cover (and play Carrigan at 2RF in Angus's spot)
    See above mate where I replied to MS.

Sele is the only threat here to Sironen starting. Sele has killed it for us so it wouldn’t surprise me if Wayne starts him at lock and moves Murray to an edge.

Personally I’d start Sironen on the edge, he’s very mobile as well and will do a good job.

I do not like the idea of Murray moving to edge when our middle is already struggling.
    madsmarauders

Post by madsmarauders Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:21 am

Thanks for all your advice last week, only did 1 trade (JTB to Taupau) rather than the planned 2 which worked nicely.

What do you all think about

Robson to Hunt
    +
    A Crichton to Matterson (or another gun 2rf)

Or save trades? (7 trades remaining)
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:26 am

Mr Snrub wrote:

Luai being a heavy trade out is probably becauset nobody else has made enough money to be worth cashing out. I'm keeping him though.  

The forum advised me and I realized it's pointless to trade him to another cow with such few trades left.  

I'll keep him as long as I can and probably cash him out to a red dot for looping purposes.
    You wont need to trade to a red dot, they will appear naturally. I had 3 added this week without trying to
    Aucklandwarriors95
    Aucklandwarriors95

Post by Aucklandwarriors95 Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:03 am

Need some help with my centre options (who doesn't). 11 trtades left.

Currently have SMat, Niu and Crichton. Crichton + SMat sounds good but SMat only got 13 minutes last week. So...

TU: Sell SMat and run Asi + Crichton
    TD: Play SMat + Crichton

I guess I could hold Smat in the 18-21 and bring in Asi another way but thats a lot of money in the reserves.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:23 am

Aucklandwarriors95 wrote:Need some help with my centre options (who doesn't). 11 trtades left.

Currently have SMat, Niu and Crichton. Crichton + SMat sounds good but SMat only got 13 minutes last week. So...

TU: Sell SMat and run Asi + Crichton
    TD: Play SMat + Crichton

I guess I could hold Smat in the 18-21 and bring in Asi another way but thats a lot of money in the reserves.
    Wait for TLT. SMat probably starting
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:56 am

The Toronto Wolfpack have withdrawn from the Super League competition, leaving a host of Australian and New Zealander players in the dark with their playing futures.

Players including club captain Josh McCrone, Bodene Thompson, Darcy Lussick, Chase Stanley, Ricky Leutele and Sonny Bill Williams will be made available to NRL clubs, as they return home, to clubs who have available spots in their top teams.

They'll have until August 3rd to sign with NRL clubs before the deadline.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:57 am

Some of Sam Burgess's "tip sheets/homework" from 2017

https://imgur.com/a/NDp0yV6

FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:09 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:The Toronto Wolfpack have withdrawn from the Super League competition, leaving a host of Australian and New Zealander players in the dark with their playing futures.

Players including club captain Josh McCrone, Bodene Thompson, Darcy Lussick, Chase Stanley, Ricky Leutele and Sonny Bill Williams will be made available to NRL clubs, as they return home, to clubs who have available spots in their top teams.

This seems like a big deal. Is this a big deal?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:12 am

FaringdonSwirl wrote:

I wouldn't think so.  No club I don't think would want any of those players and SBW no club would have the money lying around to sign him by Monday week.

Last edited by wolfking on Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:13 am

FaringdonSwirl wrote:

A few of them (whoever the wingers are, Leutele?) may slot straight into the Warriors to replace their departures. Would-be awesome if SBW was one of them, but it's probably not worth his while.

Last edited by rhinoceroo on Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:16 am; edited 2 times in total
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:14 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:The Toronto Wolfpack have withdrawn from the Super League competition, leaving a host of Australian and New Zealander players in the dark with their playing futures.

Lussick to be reunited on the playing field with Peats? Oh wait
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:16 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

A few of them (whoever the winger's are, Leutele?) may slot straight into the Warriors. Would-be awesome if SBW was one of them, but it's probably not worth his while.

Aw how good would SBW to warriors be! Can’t see it happening but I can dream.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:17 am

Could see SBW at the Dogs tbh

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:21 am

What should happen is the warriors should get them perhaps subsidised by the nrl given they kept the comp alive.

What will happen is the Roosters will announce the signing of SBW to play with his third cousin based on an old handshake.

But seriously, not sure how some of those players were tracking pre covid
    On paper they might be ok, but I guess cheap depth depending what they cost
    sets
    sets

Post by sets Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:25 am

my tv broke wrote:Could see SBW at the Dogs tbh

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 63 - Stalling of the Robson train, Choo Poo - Page 30 Elite-daily-lion-king
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:26 am

FaringdonSwirl wrote:

wolfking wrote:

I wouldn't think so.  No club I don't think would want any of those players and SBW no club would have the money lying around to sign him by Monday week.

All of those players have use as "squad players". McCrone is good half depth but wouldn't start anywhere. Bodene Thompson would start over many second rowers in the comp, Lussick would be an alright 5th middle on the bench. Leutele is a quality attacking centre and Chase Stanley probably starts over a few current outside backs. SBW may not be at his peak footballing powers anymore, but he is a culture changer
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:27 am

Boozecluez wrote:

What should happen is the warriors should get them perhaps subsidised by the nrl given they kept the comp alive.

What will happen is the Roosters will announce the signing of SBW to play with his third cousin based on an old handshake.

But seriously, not sure how some of those players were tracking pre covid
    On paper they might be ok, but I guess cheap depth depending what they cost

Would absolutely be okay with all those players signing with "The NRL" and then being loaned to the Warriors. Give them some fresh blood to lift their spirits and keep them competitive

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 9:41 am