NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 62 - Captain Grant hype-train edition

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 62 - Captain Grant hype-train edition - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 62 - Captain Grant hype-train edition

Post by Revraiser Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:29 am

It will be awesome keeping Lucy and getting a 100 every week from now ! Awesome. Goodbye to his 42's hey!!
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 62 - Captain Grant hype-train edition - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 62 - Captain Grant hype-train edition

Post by mattnz Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:30 am

Mr Snrub wrote:Yeah I wouldn't be getting too regretful over Haas. Let's face it, would any other coach in the NRL keep their 20 year old prop on the field for 80 minutes when their side is getting massacred.  

I guess it is a sign that you don't have to worry about his game time though because he'll stupidly stay out there no matter what. I'd expect another 80 minutes as the Storm attempt to reach triple figures next week.  
    I think it more reflects that Siebold isn't thinking about the season, but instead about surviving this week.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:34 am

yeah thats what I was thinking, instead of it being 42 nil or wateva, he thinks if inkeep my best out their it can be that little bit less of a belting haha.

Last edited by Revraiser on Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:34 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Can we all agree now that captaining anyone other than Haas or McInnes is seen as a gamble and not a sure thing? Even then the extent of my gambling would be someone like Cook, Taumalolo, Smith, Grant, Cleary, DCE that still have a monster base - the worst you are going to get is a 40 odd

During the week we saw statements like "you have to captain Teddy" because a back was in a purple patch. I still think his score is pretty generous and could have easily been a disaster considering he was on 2 points after 17 minutes

Agreed!

I only took it off McInnes this round because I thought Carrigan would be tackling more than McInnes against the bulldogs. I’m pretty happy with 65 but wouldn’t surprised me if Cam beats it but I was willing to take the risk.

Now that Haas has lost a bit of money will definitely be looking to bring him in now absolute fantasy superstar
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:37 am

I honestly feel sympathy for Siebold he's got a load of players injured & the backups are just not up to standard & even some of the experienced players are poor like Milford, Croft, Isaako & Boyd.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:43 am

What time should we know whether Averillo is playing or not?
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:44 am

Anyone think Oates can come back from a broken femur or is that the end of his career?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:44 am

480/8c. Not the worst score ever, but I'm running out 16 this week, expecting a tumble. At least Oates and Crichton scored well before getting themselves injured. Positives.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:45 am

Snatchpato wrote:What time should we know whether Averillo is playing or not?
    An hour before kickoff
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:46 am

Need one more big score today, not sure who will provide it but would be nice
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:48 am

Mulvy wrote:480/8c. Not the worst score ever, but I'm running out 16 this week, expecting a tumble. At least Oates and Crichton scored well before getting themselves injured. Positives.

Are you taking the hit on Matterson or Wakeham?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:53 am

SoylentGreen wrote:

Are you taking the hit on Matterson or Wakeham?

Matterson. Sold my cover (Young) this week. Was planning on Thompson or Kapow in the next week or two so I could move Carrigan to the bench as cover, and figured Oates would get dpp in a couple of weeks for extra cover. But I've run without cover in several positions heaps this year, finally caught up with me!
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:01 pm

White Lightning wrote:I honestly feel sympathy for Siebold he's got a load of players injured & the backups are just not up to standard & even some of the experienced players are poor like Milford, Croft, Isaako & Boyd.

I feel a little sympathy for Siebold as well, but I truly think it's his own doing. He should take a leaf out of Maguire's book. If a player is not performing to a certain standard, HE MUST BE DROPPED and work hard to get his way back into the team (regardless of reputation ) as Maguire has done with Marshall and now Brooks. Siebold should of made these tough decisions a long time ago so if he doesn't make them NOW, then he deserves what he gets.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:07 pm

Boyd should not have been picked at the start of the season. There has been ample opportunity to drop him and yet he is on the teamsheet every week. Rewarding mediocrity at its finest.

They keep talking about having "Tough conversations". When? Drop underperforming players. It is actually that simple.

Kennar is like 29th player on our depth chart but was one of only a couple players who would take a strong carry last night.. and actually make metres.

I mean they dropped Isaako from fb when he was nowhere near the worst player in our 17. In isolation, he wasnt a good fb, but he was at least giving a solid effort before he got dropped. Now look at him, hes cooked. What does this tell the rest of the playing group?

I feel sorry for siebold in that its clear hes just not up to this job. And the more this goes on the more I actually start to worry for his headspace

Last edited by my tv broke on Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:09 pm

Mulvy wrote:480/8c. Not the worst score ever, but I'm running out 16 this week, expecting a tumble. At least Oates and Crichton scored well before getting themselves injured. Positives.

Ouch, you had Oates as well
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:12 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:

I feel a little sympathy for Siebold as well, but I truly think it's his own doing. He should take a leaf out of Maguire's book. If a player is not performing to a certain standard, HE MUST BE DROPPED and work hard to get his way back into the team (regardless of reputation ) as Maguire has done with Marshall and now Brooks. Siebold should of made these tough decisions a long time ago so if he doesn't make them NOW, then he deserves what he gets.

I agree Siebold is part of the problem too not dropping poor performing players but with Wests just about the entire squad is in form whereas last night the only Broncos that to me played to standard were Haas (work horse), Carrigan (work horse) & TPJ (he tried to create & gave his best). The rest of the Broncos players were bad & are lacking confidence.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:14 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:Anyone think Oates can come back from a broken femur or is that the end of his career?

Tough road ahead for him. Certainly an example of how you shouldn't take things for granted. Life changes in an instant.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:18 pm

Corey Oates has been cleared of a suspected compound fracture of the femur and could be back on the field within three weeks in a massive boost to the Broncos back-rower and the club.

When Oates was stretchered from the field and taken straight to hospital late in the 46-0 loss to the Wests Tigers on Friday night there were fears that his career could be over.

The 25-year-old went into a state of panic and thought he may never play again when the doctor told him he had sustained a suspected compound fracture of the femur, an injury usually associated with car accidents.

After being rushed to hospital and examined by medicos Oates has been diagnosed with a large haematoma and a deep gash in his leg.

He will have surgery on Saturday and has been told he should be back on the field within three weeks.

Oates will not fly back to Brisbane but will be driven back to his home city in the coming days. Broncos official Adam Walsh is with him in Sydney and will drive him home.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:26 pm

White Lightning wrote:

I agree Siebold is part of the problem too not dropping poor performing players but with Wests just about the entire squad is in form whereas last night the only Broncos that to me played to standard were Haas (work horse), Carrigan (work horse) & TPJ (he tried to create & gave his best). The rest of the Broncos players were bad & are lacking confidence.

Yeah they really looked out of sorts stuffing up a lot of the basics. Maybe it is because a lot of players are not playing in their preferred positions causing a lot of bad defensive reads? Last night was cringe worthy

Post by Guest Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:27 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:

Seibold cops a lot of flack for mentioned injuries a lot, but it is what it is, Dearden maybe should be getting a run by now, but i went through our squad and the only other blokes in our top 30 who weren't playing or injured are Rhys Kennedy and Ilikena Vudogu. That's literally it. one's a run of the mill forward, the other is a winger whos played league for 2 years, neither are going to win us football games, the rest of our healthy guys are on developmental contracts and when we're being savaged as a bunch of kids who aren't ready for the NRL, the answer is not to throw more of those kids into the fire. how do you drop players when that's what you are left with?

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:08 pm