NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 62 - Captain Grant hype-train edition

MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 62 - Captain Grant hype-train edition - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 62 - Captain Grant hype-train edition

Post by MilfordTheMagician Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:44 pm

The Bludger wrote:

But Milford, don't you think the Broncos obsession of trying to hold TPJ, Haas, Fifi, Offa, Lodge etc. etc. the exciting young pack, is the reason they pushed experienced players out of the team.
    The Panthers often let their young forwards leave and pick the best of the pack, you can't keep them all.
    Fifi could have been retained if they released other young forwards.
    Seibs has no clue on who to retain and who to let go.

The experienced players weve pushed out the door the past few years had to be done the club had gone stale. The main problem is wasting millions of dollars on centres (Roberts, Bird Boyd) and not getting our spine right (mostly the halves)

Our spine is the biggest problem (apart from the horrific defence) and has been for years, the club just can't seem to get it right ever since the GF loss 5 years ago.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 62 - Captain Grant hype-train edition - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 62 - Captain Grant hype-train edition

Post by my tv broke Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:45 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Honestly, you should have kept Benji. Evidence: tonight.

Benji played well tonight because maguire is the coach.

Put him in the broncos system for this season and hed be just as bad as the other 17 players that played for us

Our problems go far beyond one or two players right now
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:48 pm

It's amazing as bad as the Warriors are there's a team worse than them...I didn't think that was possible. I couldn't believe some of the fundamental errors that were being made...handling, passing, tackling, ball control.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:49 pm

No Worries wrote:
    StormTrooper96 wrote:

Seibs in the post match looked defeated. No answers. Said lodge, turps, staggs in next week but didn’t say anything about changing the spine around.

He said they had 15 injured players out of 36 about 20 times.

Really felt sorry for him in that presser, it was like flogging a dead horse. It just kept going, the questions needed to stop out of respect to the guy.

Yeah, agreed.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:55 pm

my tv broke wrote:Russell packer 54 mins, where did that come from

Very difficult to say this, but he played very well. I think it mostly got missed but he still got a bit of grubbiness in, blatantly took Luke out off the ball with a raised forearm.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:58 pm

You have a crazy young team, the media and people around them pump their tyres up and the players believe their inflation.

You get the contract balance wrong with a few players on huge contracts while missing some no frills cheaper workhorses most teams need (or pushing them out)

You have your pick of young talent in Australia or basically anyone in QLD.
    Rather than take what you need in positions required, you fuck up the squad balance keeping everyone young and forcing them to fill in all over the paddock

Throw in some bad luck, a few injuries and like some fantasy teams it collapses due to lack of foresight.

And when the furnace gets turned up, things go wrong and compounded with it all going to shit.
    The u20s team of superstars buckle under pressure against grown men, can’t blame them and the only vets left get disrespected with all these inflated superstars running the show.

Recipe for disaster and we are seeing it play out in real time
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:58 pm

Hipgrave 80 min
    2 runs 16 m
    12 missed tackles
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:02 pm

Boozecluez wrote:You have a crazy young team, the media and people around them pump their tyres up and the players believe their inflation.

You get the contract balance wrong with a few players on huge contracts while missing some no frills cheaper workhorses most teams need (or pushing them out)

Rather than take what you need in positions required, you fuck up the squad balance keeping everyone young and forcing them to fill in all over the paddock

Throw in some bad luck, a few injuries and like some fantasy teams it collapses due to lack of foresight.

And when the furnace gets turned up, things go wrong and compounded with it all going to shit.
    The u20s team of superstars buckle under pressure against grown men, can’t blame them and the only vets left get disrespected with all these inflated superstars running the show.

Coupled with the ABSOLUTE expectation. Didn't realise this but Ginnane mentioned it-only missed Finals twice in 28 years.

Jesus Christ, imagine them being a supporter of a 'normal' team like your's or mine.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:03 pm

Khany wrote:Hipgrave 80 min
    2 runs 16 m
    12 missed tackles

Was minus 15 in VSDT after 80. Updates were very kind and he only ended up on minus 11.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:06 pm

Hipgrave on paper stats is shit but his missed tackles don’t effect the team too much.
    He comes out of the line with aggression to put hits on players and upset the opposition
    Coach loves him and plays his role fine

Take him out of the Titans and they lack the mongrel he brings.
    He wasn’t the reason they lost, the middle got monstered against a flying storm team

Still that doesn’t read well haha
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:11 pm

Boozecluez wrote:You have a crazy young team, the media and people around them pump their tyres up and the players believe their inflation.

What they've got is a totally unbalanced squad in terms of experience and leadership. Only Boyd, who's a negative force, and Glenn, who's a good clubman but can't lead on his own.

Siebold's Souths looked a good, well-coached team. They had Surgess, Sutton and to an extent Inglis as leaders, young forwards who were good (Crichton, Murray) but probably not better than Brisbane's current crop and some no-name backs scoring hat-fulls of tries. And a fast hooker.

Put Siebold in Brisbane where Boyd is his Surgess and McCullough is his lightning hooker and the young players have had smoke blown up their arses since they were ten and think they know better and of course he's going to struggle. He's made some poor choices too but it's not all on him.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:14 pm

Khany wrote:Hipgrave 80 min
    2 runs 16 m
    12 missed tackles

lol, that's incredible. I was so busy wallowing in my own self pity I hadn't even noticed that. Nice.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:17 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Coupled with the ABSOLUTE expectation.  Didn't realise this but Ginnane mentioned it-only missed Finals twice in 28 years.

Jesus Christ, imagine them being a supporter of a 'normal' team like your's or mine.

I don't really get why expectations are so high still. They were dominant in the 90's as basically the only Qld team and everyone wanted to play for Bennett.

These days there's more money at stake and competition from Cows, Titans and basically Storm have diluted Broncos almost exclusive stranglehold on young Qld talent.

Bennett won't be at Souths forever, but that's another attraction for Qld'ers to make the move across the border, besides the money/role/success other NSW clubs can offer too.

I see them as just any other normal team these days.

Anyway, Oates injury knocked the wind out of my sails. Hard to feel good about a win when some real shit happens Sad
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:23 pm

Lucy downdated to an even 100
    Walters 72
    Grant 55
    Nofo 58
    Talau 19
    SMacintyre 30

Relevent Broncos have all stayed the same except Milford down to 33

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:28 pm

I was thinking of upgrading Air Quote Lucy to NBrown next week before the start of this round Embarassed

I may hold onto him a bit longer

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:54 pm

https://twitter.com/Former_legend/status/1284079519394144260?s=19
    BREAKING: The 17 Broncos coaches have lost the dressing room.

KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:57 pm

Can someone please never let me take the captaincy off Haas. Cheers
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:00 am

KingTeddy wrote:Can someone please never let me take the captaincy off Haas. Cheers

gotta keep the faith in your namesake my dude.
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:02 am

Bethany_B wrote:

gotta keep the faith in your namesake my dude.

Hahahah exactly mate. Did it for the name.
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:03 am

Didn't get to watch the Titans game, what was the go with MoFo? Anything to be concerned about or just an off game? Still seemed to get decent minutes and normally he's a PPM beast.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:59 pm