NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 61 - Captain Teddy hype-train edition

Shady2K
    Shady2K

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 61 - Captain Teddy hype-train edition - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 61 - Captain Teddy hype-train edition

Post by Shady2K Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:58 pm

Which of these 3 would you play?

Luai v Cowboys
    Rudolf (lock) v Warriors
    Fermor (hopefully 80min 2rf) v Storm
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 61 - Captain Teddy hype-train edition - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 61 - Captain Teddy hype-train edition

Post by robelgordo Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:59 pm

wolfking wrote:
    Looks like Fantasy Brothers putting it all on the line here.

What about Dazza in the replies, he sounds like a smart fella

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:59 pm

Well if it is a definitive injury with a set return date of next week then it sounds like the call has been made already
    Meaning he gets removed from the 7.30pm update tonight (as they would want 2 options in 18/19)

I asked about the updates tonight and that he should drop out so just wait until then.
    Given he is the recipient of the rumor the replied "It's possible he stays until final team lists"

The post was pretty set in what was happening rather than 'could be a late out' approach
    Otherwise why mention he is back next week in that post
    Will know soon enough

Last edited by Boozecluez on Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:01 pm

KingTeddy wrote:

Yeah agree with this but someone had a source who is mates with Davey and has been told he will be debuting. Plus with Parra going as well as they are even if it's minor they are in a position to rest matto. We will find out more later but it doesn't look good for Matto owners right now...

Maybe Paulo getting rested and Davey coming onto the bench with Brown into prop and Niukore playing lock.
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:01 pm

You guys are right we do brace or splint for minor injuries

Most common thumb injury is an UCL injury at the base of the thumb when it kills pulled back behind the rest of the hand

Players play through them all the time

Can't see that splint (I enjoyed "splinter" but it's no dillinger from me last night) very well but the worry with that type is a fracture

End of the day the truth will come out so have a contingency plan and don't rip your hair out
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:01 pm

robelgordo wrote:

What about Dazza in the replies, he sounds like a smart fella

Get in my team Daz, at least I know you'll play through injury each week lol.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:03 pm

wolfking wrote:

Get in my team Daz, at least I know you'll play through injury each week lol.

Will give you 3 hit ups, 2 dropped balls, 2 penalties for dissent plus the half time combo of pie, ciggie and beer.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:05 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Something for the lurkers or people who may be interested, probably basic for most but might help some  
    Quiet at work today so thought I would put my thoughts on what I have been seeing here often

TIP 1 = Mid rangers/Cut priced keepers aren't always bad....

Why not grab a couple of Hunt,Brown,Taupau,RTS,Edwards etc (Over Gun + cow and having to play the cow)
    Often they come discounted (Due to injury/previous role)
    At worst if they fail, their price holds and usually it's easy enough to upgrade them and move on

___

Rather than looking at that large score from last weeks FOTM player or chasing the recent big score from the Uber Gun (And paying for it) look to the future.
    You don't get the missed points or cash so understanding why they scored more is probably more important.

Here is an example :

Taupau is a frustrating player to watch and scoring hasn't been his usual.
    People know what he is capable of and more minutes he gets, the more destruction he can do. But basically high PPM player, low game time so accept this when buying.
    Uninjured, under 600k with a fantasy pedigree and a safe job sounds good value.
    A fantasy beast on his day, you are buying a lottery ticket for his next big score which is what boosts his season average.

At worst you have paid for a mid 40s average and won't lose cash, allowing you to strengthen the bench or fix other problems with the $$ saved.
    Other than injury he isn't going anywhere either so you don't have to worry his role changes too much.
    Any easy enough upgrade later if he keeps plodding along and you find some spare cash late in the game. At best he is a keeper.
    If in need of a FRF then why not gamble on him going well, vs someone overpriced that scored a couple tries or got extra minutes the last week due to injury
    Which one is the bigger gamble?

At any point in a season there are multiple of these type players, just got to be ready to snap them up when they come available

_____

TIP 2 = Try and get ahead of the curve

So you didn't buy the above mid ranger weeks back and now they are killing it?
    It was actually part of your planned out strategy and because of circumstances you didn't get them then?
    Or you saw them on the weekends game or mentioned on the forum and now must have them in your team (Overlooking them weeks ago)

Ever wonder sometimes why your team always feels like it is chasing other teams scores, with what feels like the same players and the later the season goes on they always feel like 2 players/steps ahead.

You will never catch them paying top dollar for that same player or spending your cap on full priced players.
    Some guns you can't help this, but do this across the team and you will run out of cash very fast

Good luck nailing every cow and cash out at the right time to let this perfect 17 happen, or choosing the right one to play for their big score each week. You are setting yourself up for failure.

Think about it this way, that same player that you are buying now, teams above you probably got bottomed out in price which allowed them to spend the saved money elsewhere.
    Now finally joining the party late you have overlooked far better new options available , and those teams probably even grab them too
    And so the cycle continues

You can't get everyone, so sometimes you need to move on and look at what is best this week not what was best 3 weeks ago.

Call it calculated gambles, mitigated risks or whatever... But sometimes you need to look forward not backwards
    Cut your losses, move on and work out what changes/fixes you can do that you have control over.
    Get your team sorted, reduce some of the risk and perhaps settle on cut price keepers if it means you don't have to rely on so many cows to generate cash.
    Will probably find your stress levels reduce, you enjoy watching the games more and your overall team improves

Nice!

Was actually thinking last week it’s weird how you don’t see many newbie questions nowadays.

Figuring there are so many pages and so much information out there as opposed to 10 years ago. Probably my the most common question in the early days was “what are base stats?”

The other reason maybe that Fantasy isn’t really attracting that many new players.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:06 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Will give you 3 hit ups, 2 dropped balls, 2 penalties for dissent plus the half time combo of pie, ciggie and beer.

Then sin bin with 5 to go for punching.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:09 pm

Shady2K wrote:Which of these 3 would you play?

Luai v Cowboys
    Rudolf (lock) v Warriors
    Fermor (hopefully 80min 2rf) v Storm

Luai. Could be cricket score
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:10 pm

I think you are confused with this guy.

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 61 - Captain Teddy hype-train edition - Page 33 Fcbd7810
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:12 pm

On Angus' snapchat story he is in a knee brace. Not sure what that means with severity or whatever
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:15 pm

KingTeddy wrote:On Angus' snapchat story he is in a knee brace. Not sure what that means with severity or whatever

More than likely just a support thing. Keep him off his knee for a couple days, get some scans on Monday, reassess from there.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:16 pm

robelgordo wrote:
    my tv broke wrote:

If this happens I will hack the system and delete the competition.

Sounds like a big job, you might need SIs assistance.

On to it!!!
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:17 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

More than likely just a support thing. Keep him off his knee for a couple days, get some scans on Monday, reassess from there.

True mate. Normally the roosters website provide a recovery update the day after the game, so that should be coming out soon.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:21 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:
    robelgordo wrote:

Sounds like a big job, you might need SIs assistance.

Many people don’t realise that SI actually stands for “Systems Intelligence‘.
    Yeah, that man is always hacking away at the old mainframe, that’s for sure. Sometimes I’ll be like “Hey SI, why don’t you just stop sending your Trojan worms throughout the networks of the fine denizens of the global internet for one moment and come share a pizza pie with me?”,but he would be all “Naw Pook, I need those bitcoins and I do it for the lulz. You wish you had my 1337 skillz”.
    Can’t say that he’s wrong either.

Have you been recording our conversations or is your memory really that good. Word for word that is!
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:21 pm

whall15 wrote:Apparently BA is planning on resting Junior Paulo after last week as well

Where did you read this because if true I'll sell him. Cheers.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:23 pm

Loomer wrote:

Luai. Could be cricket score

Thrashed Sharks last week and he only got 30 odd too hmm. Will still probably go with him with his ceiling. Rudolf probably end up with 30-40 and who knows how Fermor will go against a Storm thrashing
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:24 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

I think you are confused with this guy.

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 61 - Captain Teddy hype-train edition - Page 33 Fcbd7810

See I would have rather retired then go to a club that I had to wear white at.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:24 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Thrashed Sharks last week and he only got 30 odd too hmm. Will still probably go with him with his ceiling. Rudolf probably end up with 30-40 and who knows how Fermor will go against a Storm thrashing

I have this haunting thought we are going to lose today

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 2:15 am