NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 61 - Captain Teddy hype-train edition

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 61 - Captain Teddy hype-train edition - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 61 - Captain Teddy hype-train edition

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:59 am

Chucky wrote:
    What, no dick pics?
    That’s outrageous.

Fine.......Here is one Wink

Dick pic:

Disclaimer:
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 61 - Captain Teddy hype-train edition - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 61 - Captain Teddy hype-train edition

Post by Teeth Eater Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:59 am

DarkKnight wrote:

This week

Latrell > Siro
    Kerr > Hunt (or Brown)

Next week

Lomax > Ponga
    Field > Starling

Mcinnes
    Haas / Carrigan
    Lolo / Yeo / JTurbo
    Cleary / Pearce
    Niu / Talau
    Teddy / Papy / Ponga

Grant / Koro / Hunt / Starling
    Averillo / McIntyre / HTF / Sironen

Much stronger in your 16th and 17th positions and you pickup Ponga when he is bottomed out for Lomax who almost maxed out (10 point upgrade on season avg). I know you want to hold on to Kerr a bit longer but the current value players you need to target will also rise by the same amount.

Thanks mate, appreciate the advice. It's certainly bold. At first I said, nah, I'm way too much of a pussy to make these moves. Within that same minute you really had me thinking and I know I'll spend all day considering these now, lol.

I do love the boldness but the two concerns I have are these;

1. If I trade out Kerr I have no FRF cover for at least two weeks. I've been running without cover in certain positions for most the year, but it's still a worry. Obviously my trade in three weeks time would finally be getting the second FRF spot sorted so Carrigan can sit on my bench covering both 2RF/FRF.

2. If I dump Lomax I get rid of arguably the only good CTR keeper option in the NRL at the moment and I'm rolling with Niu (knee concerns), Talau (Hamstring) and Averillo (very unreliable job security) as my starting CTRs. And McIntyre, who's job security, I guess, is always in question at the Tigers.

Jeez mate, you've turned my wind into a whirlpool. I don't know. It's a pretty solid looking team if I take your advice. Would you just dismiss my above concerns and just go with it?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:02 am

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/17/madge-comfortable-with-benching-brooks/

Madge mentions moving Walters to hooker if he needs to give Grant a rest is an option 'will see how the game pans out'.

Was always going to be a risk with the C on Grant, still feeling confident that he will tear up the Broncos middle defense though.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:04 am

my tv broke wrote:https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/17/madge-comfortable-with-benching-brooks/

Madge mentions moving Walters to hooker if he needs to give Grant a rest is an option 'will see how the game pans out'.

Was always going to be a risk with the C on Grant, still feeling confident that he will tear up the Broncos middle defense though.

Seems weird that Walters hasn't played for a while yet he will keep him on and move him to the middle to spell Grant. Could be a game changer and Broncos should take note that this could happen. It would be the perfect time to strike up the middle.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:05 am

I hope Nofo gets his COVID test back early this morning.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:06 am

wolfking wrote:

Seems weird that Walters hasn't played for a while yet he will keep him on and move him to the middle to spell Grant.  Could be a game changer and Broncos should take note that this could happen.  It would be the perfect time to strike up the middle.

If Grant does come off, I think it will just play out similar to last week, where he only had a short rest on the sideline.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:07 am

wolfking wrote:I hope Nofo gets his COVID test back early this morning.

I think I saw on late news last night they've already been given the all clear?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:12 am

"Lodge and Staggs we are hoping to be another week or two away, fingers crossed they might be both back for next week.

"Jake Turpin was able to do some skills today so we hope he will be available for selection next week. If not, definitely the week after.

"David Fifita and Jesse Arthars are still another couple of weeks away, Dave is doing his rehab running at the moment. They are a little bit longer term."
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:16 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

Thanks mate, appreciate the advice. It's certainly bold. At first I said, nah, I'm way too much of a pussy to make these moves. Within that same minute you really had me thinking and I know I'll spend all day considering these now, lol.

I do love the boldness but the two concerns I have are these;

1. If I trade out Kerr I have no FRF cover for at least two weeks. I've been running without cover in certain positions for most the year, but it's still a worry. Obviously my trade in three weeks time would finally be getting the second FRF spot sorted so Carrigan can sit on my bench covering both 2RF/FRF.  

2. If I dump Lomax I get rid of arguably the only good CTR keeper option in the NRL at the moment and I'm rolling with Niu (knee concerns), Talau (Hamstring) and Averillo (very unreliable job security) as my starting CTRs. And McIntyre, who's job security, I guess, is always in question at the Tigers.

Jeez mate, you've turned my wind into a whirlpool. I don't know. It's a pretty solid looking team if I take your advice. Would you just dismiss my above concerns and just go with it?

@DarkKnight, I just noticed I could do Latrell/HTF to Siro/Hunt.

This would allow me Kerr's price rise but leave me with no wfb cover. I could then us Kerr/Field/Lomax for Starling/Ponga next week?

But then I could have no wfb or FRF cover?

When are next dual position updates due? Round 12?
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:17 am

Love it how ya want your cows to pump out a big score and then second guess about trading a green dot out - and we play it for fun go figure....
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:28 am

Brimson hoping for a return within the month, could be a nice little pick up with DPP for the run home. Titans have a bit of a horror run of games at the moment but their last 7 or so rounds isn't too bad

"It could have been a season-ending injury but it looks like it is not going to be. There is no time frame at the moment but I am definitely hoping to be back within a month," Brimson told NRL.com.

"I'm back doing skills drills now which is exciting. I feel lucky to just chuck the footy with my mates again.

"That is after I did roughly two months of just straight line running.

"Now it is about getting the contact into my body and the load into my legs so that I don't get a calf or hamstring tear because I haven't played since the Nines. Everything is coming along pretty smoothly."
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:36 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

I think I saw on late news last night they've already been given the all clear?

Ah true? Thanks mate, good news.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:41 am

my tv broke wrote:Brimson hoping for a return within the month, could be a nice little pick up with DPP for the run home. Titans have a bit of a horror run of games at the moment but their last 7 or so rounds isn't too bad

"It could have been a season-ending injury but it looks like it is not going to be. There is no time frame at the moment but I am definitely hoping to be back within a month," Brimson told NRL.com.

"I'm back doing skills drills now which is exciting. I feel lucky to just chuck the footy with my mates again.

"That is after I did roughly two months of just straight line running.

"Now it is about getting the contact into my body and the load into my legs so that I don't get a calf or hamstring tear because I haven't played since the Nines. Everything is coming along pretty smoothly."

This probably is stupid question but where does he fit in spine now (potential bias as Fogarty owner)

Not sure Thompson is as effective on wing (Brimson 1, Thompson 2) and Brimson isn't as effective in HLFs
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:47 am

Camo123 wrote:

This probably is stupid question but where does he fit in spine now (potential bias as Fogarty owner)

Not sure Thompson is as effective on wing (Brimson 1, Thompson 2) and Brimson isn't as effective in HLFs

I think Brimson goes straight to fullback at full fitness (maybe he plays a few games off the bench first?)
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:47 am

The dude at 5th (live now) is from Tasmania, thats the highest I've ever seen anyone from here. The dude has usually been in the top 10 of tassie the last few years (not a big deal I know) but mad props to him. His team is ridiculously stacked up until about 15-16 and then falls off a cliff, but that is definitely more than I can say about most teams

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:48 am

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:The dude at 5th (live now) is from Tasmania, thats the highest I've ever seen anyone from here. The dude has usually been in the top 10 of tassie the last few years (not a big deal I know) but mad props to him. His team is ridiculously stacked up until about 15-16 and then falls off a cliff, but that is definitely more than I can say about most teams

You should see his other heads team
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:50 am

Not sure I love Starling as an option. 50 minutes off the bench is going to be 30-35 point average. Great if you have trades to get rid of him and take the cash later, but I imagine most won't. Short of something unexpected happening(injury, suspensions etc) I'll probably be avoiding him

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:51 am

Boozecluez wrote:

You should see his other heads team

Mate I was born in Queensland and have lived in tassie for nearly ten years, I must have like 4 heads at this point
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:53 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Not sure I love Starling as an option. 50 minutes off the bench is going to be 30-35 point average. Great if you have trades to get rid of him and take the cash later, but I imagine most won't. Short of something unexpected happening(injury, suspensions etc) I'll probably be avoiding him

I'll be looking to grab him next week, I've still got room for one more cash cow (and tbh I need it). 35's would be fine after his initial 48 I think?

Always a chance his mins increase a little, I wonder if Ricky would actually consider starting him eventually? Probably not.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:54 am

my tv broke wrote:

I'll be looking to grab him next week, I've still got room for one more cash cow (and tbh I need it). 35's would be fine after his initial 48 I think?

Always a chance his mins increase a little, I wonder if Ricky would actually consider starting him eventually? Probably not.

His performance was good enough that I think both Starling and Havili won't be all that fantasy relevant, which is not great as a Havili owner

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:52 pm