NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo

Weiland
    Weiland

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo

Post by Weiland Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:38 pm

Do people think that teams are getting much similar much earlier in the season these days? Or is it just that I am playing a higher calibre of players in my leagues. I am sure in previous years that teams really started to converge later in the season, but currently the majority of my H2H games have only 3 or so unique players.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:38 pm

Arghhh I can’t bring Young in to sit at 18th man for the week.

Need to decide wether to bring in Niu or just wait a week or two for a better cow
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:39 pm

Welshy wrote:Looking at this currently, not sure I’ve got the cash generation down the line unless Niu sticks and HTF starts pumping out some big ones. Moses next target on return, really need Stinky to produce and Averillo and Lee to come back into respective sides but I’m wary about both

Leilua - Butcher
    Rudolph - Niu
    Katoa - Tedesco

Koro
    Haas, Fotuaika
    Taumalolo, JTurbo, Carrigan
    Cleary, Drinkwater
    Talau, Niu
    Ponga, Papy, Tedesco

McInnes, Grant, Brailey, Butcher

Lee, HTF, Averillo, Williame

Should I look at trying to generate more cash and pray Teddy drops cash in next 2/3 weeks

I don't mind the trades but probably prefer Young over Butcher, feel like Young can make some cash, Butcher just that little bit more expensive and his price makes it that little bit harger to make cash while being short of keeper.
    Empyreal
    Empyreal

Post by Empyreal Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:41 pm

Weiland wrote:Do people think that teams are getting much similar much earlier in the season these days? Or is it just that I am playing a higher calibre of players in my leagues. I am sure in previous years that teams really started to converge later in the season, but currently the majority of my H2H games have only 3 or so unique players.

No origin or byes means "optimal" teams have 1 less thing to consider. However I feel like there is a lot of options in many positions that would make teams different. I feel like 95% of teams here would have at least 4+ players different.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:43 pm

Weiland wrote:Do people think that teams are getting much similar much earlier in the season these days? Or is it just that I am playing a higher calibre of players in my leagues. I am sure in previous years that teams really started to converge later in the season, but currently the majority of my H2H games have only 3 or so unique players.

This... I feel like I am like 2-3 players away from my final team. Not sure how I'll get there but its close.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:44 pm

Empyreal wrote:

No origin or byes means "optimal" teams have 1 less thing to consider. However I feel like there is a lot of options in many positions that would make teams different. I feel like 95% of teams here would have at least 4+ players different.

With Moses injured most teams will now have Cleary and other.. Obviously everyone should pretty much have one of Ponga or Teddy if not both. A lot probably still are without Haas and also sold Lolo. Grant and Koro are everywhere.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:44 pm

Welshy wrote:
    45-48 for me, he’s a worker with TB upside

Think I'm somewhere between Welshy and MS. Five starts at 2RF and worst score is 42 and no tries. I'll say 45 with the occasional try. I don't think his scoring is an issue (if we are thinking playable mid range cash cow rather than a keeper, he's not a keeper), the bigger issue is job security, judiciary history. But looks set to get a decent run.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:45 pm

This thought takes some wind out of the sail, for a moment... You can go against it on purpose and get slightly different players across the board and hope it lands your way.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:47 pm

luckynumber8 wrote:
    he is bloody cheap and we know he has it in him. If he pumps out a 50+, he will suddenly be on everyones watch list.

I'll wait for the mythical 50+ first.
    luckynumber8
    luckynumber8

Post by luckynumber8 Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:48 pm

The Goat Boys wrote:Hey Lads am I better off having

Option 1- Rudolf and Teddy in the team 

Option 2- JTB Ponga in my team 

Any help would be really appreciated
    jimmy amd Tobes
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:48 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Arghhh I can’t bring Young in to sit at 18th man for the week.

Need to decide wether to bring in Niu or just wait a week or two for a better cow

Niu can probably wait. Does anyone know what his official BE is?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:49 pm

Revraiser wrote:

This thought takes some wind out of the sail, for a moment... You can go against it on purpose and get slightly different players across the board and hope it lands your way.

I actually think later on we will see some different teams. With players like Twal, Moses, Tevaga, Fifita all returning there will be some grabbing them and some steering clear.
    luckynumber8
    luckynumber8

Post by luckynumber8 Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:50 pm

Just messed around to see what Lolo and Ponga would cost me and it is;

Kennedy, Horse, Koro and JTB

For

Talau, Niu, Lolo and Ponga

Is this madness?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:51 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Think I'm somewhere between Welshy and MS. Five starts at 2RF and worst score is 42 and no tries. I'll say 45 with the occasional try. I don't think his scoring is an issue (if we are thinking playable mid range cash cow rather than a keeper, he's not a keeper), the bigger issue is job security, judiciary history. But looks set to get a decent run.
    Price differential between Butcher and Young is 43k and 3.3 points mate, Butcher should beat that (45)+3 in 55-60 minutes if he takes the Radley role and Robinson doesn’t make positional minute changes. It’s positional security vs longer time role I reckon in Butcher v Young.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:51 pm

KingTeddy wrote:What's Hudson Young's job security like? Is there a chance someone can push Tapine out of that lock position then maybe he shifts to an edge again?

John Bateman is the obvious one, but whether he gets a game at all now this year is another question

Ryan Sutton is the chance at going to lock - not sure what the odds of that are
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:51 pm

They would converge later because people would navigate the byes in different ways. Bye planning was a good proportion of the game, and obviously this year is totally different.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:51 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:At the moment, looking at

Paix -> Niu
    Katoa -> Talau
    Drinkwater -> Cleary
    Leilua -> Young

13 trades, 155K ITB

Leaves me with

Koro
    Hass JTB
    Lolo Jurbo Young
    Cleary Fogarty
    Lomax Talau
    Teddy Pap Mitchell

Friend Grant Carrigan Luai

HTF Niu Moses Wiliame

If I get DCE instead of Cleary, I leave enough in the bank to have a look at Young & Butcher this week, see who looks the better option, and then go JTB + Leilua -> Kapow + Young/Butcher next week. Or I continue to hold Leilua, and that extra 80K between DCE and Cleary gives me an easier path to Ponga...

Any thoughts?

I like your outs and I like your ins. I'm going DCE over Cleary purely because I can get Teddy. As others have said, Teddy and Ponga are the top WFBs, no one else likely to go close. Whereas for the price difference, Moses and DCE should go close enough Cleary to make up for it.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:53 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:G’day folks. Position not important, but would you go Young or Robson this week?

Depends if you want a playable cash cow that will require another trade down the line, or a likely cut price keeper.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:54 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

I actually think later on we will see some different teams. With players like Twal, Moses, Tevaga, Fifita all returning there will be some grabbing them and some steering clear.

Hopefully ST.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:54 pm

Pretty much, the centres vary a little and if teams have spent more there probably have a weaker bench
    So a few different players and the captain pick is what is comes down to

Just looking at a couple teams I am chasing they are 200pts ahead (Sharks League) and are well set, with the only option to captain Haas (Like most)
    So the only move I can think is to look at someone else, and the only guy they don't have or can see them getting is Mcinnes
    The gamble would be on Mcinnes continue to score well while hoping Haas keeps playing around 60mins

It's a premium but might be able to claw back 20pts a round (10pts doubled) so it may be still possible

Last edited by Boozecluez on Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:51 am