NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo

Post by mattnz Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:13 am

my tv broke wrote:

Same for me to be honest, though my opinion wouldn't have changed if I had injuries. Just part of the game. I wasn't even a big fan of adding 4  trade rounds at the resumption but at least that was fair enough.

Originally my only trade was to be Rudolf -> Ponga. I'll probably now use the second trade on Paix -> Talau to get rid of a red dot. Not sure I'll use more than two.

I can go Lucy -> Robson, but I'm not sure of it.
    Yeah the timing of the 4 trade round is bad for my setup and strategy. Have been planning to bring in Tevaga, Fifita, Twal the next few weeks, but they aren't available for selection yet.
    Loomer
    Loomer

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo

Post by Loomer Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:14 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Reaction on Renegades and Rogues seems a bit more mixed than here, even favourable, which is notable because they're usually angry about absolutely everything. We are in a bit of a bubble here.

It's about 75% negative reaction on Rogues. Only happy people are rubbish ranked noobies. We're having a 10 v 10 Rogue vs Butters mob comp and they pulled ahead of us first time this season but we were ok because lots of them had major red dot issues. That's out the window now

Last edited by Loomer on Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:17 am; edited 2 times in total
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:14 am

my tv broke wrote:

Goes to show that the feedback given at end of season isn't taken on board.

I mean, I realise what it is, its a free product, already second in popularity to Supercoach, which is run by the people that fund the game. For all we know, Fantasy might be killed off next season and a 'partnership' set up to push everyone onto SC..... it honestly wouldn't surprise me as it seems silly to have two fully fledged platforms in competition with each other. NRLF is just treading water at the moment.

It's just disappointing as it would take fairly minimal effort to improve the overall product. The official game of the NRL should be the superior offering, and the default platform for people to play on.

Yeah I have the feeling Fantasy is on borrowed time and has lost the war with Supercoach. I can't even fill a small league in Fantasy anymore and know of several Supercoach leagues where half the players haven't even heard of Fantasy.

If it wasn't for this forum and our ranked leagues I would have moved over to SC for sure. Makes no sense that the official NRL product is so far behind SC.

Don't know how it would happen but I wouldn't be surprised at a future 'merger' - if you can't beat them, join them.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:16 am

my tv broke wrote:

Same for me to be honest, though my opinion wouldn't have changed if I had injuries. Just part of the game. I wasn't even a big fan of adding 4  trade rounds at the resumption but at least that was fair enough.

Originally my only trade was to be Rudolf -> Ponga. I'll probably now use the second trade on Paix -> Talau to get rid of a red dot. Not sure I'll use more than two.

I can go Lucy -> Robson, but I'm not sure of it.

That opinion is coming from me with Horse, Moses and Katoa. I'm still thinking about only using 2 and banking 2 more but with everyone going to burn 4, that's probably not wise. Fucking annoying this.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:17 am

When are they even adding the extra trades? Weekend will be over by the time these stupid flogs get around to it.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:19 am

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2020/06/30/green-well-look-at-a-couple-of-different-combinations/

Posted yesterday, but reading between the lines, it sounds like Hamiso might miss out if Val is good to go.
    Once Were Warriors
    Once Were Warriors

Post by Once Were Warriors Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:20 am

Just wanted to drop in and say hi. Second season of Fantasy and learning the ropes. Would love to punch up there with you fellas one day.

There is some bloody good chat in here. The extra trades are crazy! But if anyone is going to know how to make the most of them it's you lot.

Last edited by Once Were Warriors on Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:20 am

wolfking wrote:When are they even adding the extra trades?  Weekend will be over by the time these stupid flogs get around to it.
    Said Wednesday afternoon in original post 

Thinking of using all 4 with my injuries, just refresh my team
    Moses, Rudolf, Paix, Katoa to Flanagan, Robson, Talau, Niu and have enough money for JTB/maybe Luai to gun FRF next week
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:23 am

The thing that still concerns me the most about the trades is the wording and reasoning given in the announcements and responses.

50/50 this happens again later in the year. Honestly believe that.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:23 am

AL wrote:

Yeah I have the feeling Fantasy is on borrowed time and has lost the war with Supercoach. I can't even fill a small league in Fantasy anymore and know of several Supercoach leagues where half the players haven't even heard of Fantasy.

If it wasn't for this forum and our ranked leagues I would have moved over to SC for sure. Makes no sense that the official NRL product is so far behind SC.

Don't know how it would happen but I wouldn't be surprised at a future 'merger' - if you can't beat them, join them.

Merger is fine if you put the exact Fantasy product and scoring under a Supercoach banner and blanket promote it, along with prizes, in all the Murdoch papers and stations. That would do a lot better than either Fantasy or Supercoach.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:25 am

wolfking wrote:Pretty annoyed still about this this morning.  Not to harp on but I've worked on having pretty good depth and no dead spots besides injured players from last week.  It's frustrating that people now have 2 extra trades and 4 opportunities this week to fix all of that in one swoop.  Losing interest already.

Yeah, I feel the same. I managed to save a few trades and keep red dots to a minimum. I felt like I had a slight advantage on those that had to deal with multiple red dots.
    2 extra trades is one thing, but having 4 trades this week is a suckerpunch, especially after a disappointing result on the weekend. Now I feel forced to use the 4 trades in the hope of staying ahead

Post by Guest Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:28 am

Chewie wrote:

Yeah, I feel the same. I managed to save a few trades and keep red dots to a minimum. I felt like I had a slight advantage on those that had to deal with multiple red dots.
    2 extra trades is one thing, but having 4 trades this week is a suckerpunch, especially after a disappointing result on the weekend. Now I feel forced to use the 4 trades in the hope of staying ahead

really frustrating for me too, I only had 2 red dots in Paix and Averillo and I only needed to make 2 trades this week even if I had unlimited. Now people are going to catch up to me with 4 trades and I don't have a use for my extra 2 right now. And I'm already way behind everyone so this was my chance to catch up hahaha. Fuck fantasy
    Mr peanutbutter
    Mr peanutbutter

Post by Mr peanutbutter Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:29 am

Just saw on here there will be extra trades... Well there goes any advantage I might have had this week
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:29 am

my tv broke wrote:https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2020/06/30/green-well-look-at-a-couple-of-different-combinations/

Posted yesterday, but reading between the lines, it sounds like Hamiso might miss out if Val is good to go.

I wouldn't play him on the wing against Sivo, tbf. Duty of care, he would literally be killed.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:29 am

my tv broke wrote:

Goes to show that the feedback given at end of season isn't taken on board.

It wasn't given as official feedback, but on this site I did say that the game would be better with more trades or larger squad size. only 4 emergencies and limited trades makes injuries tough to deal with.
    I was talking about changes for next year though, not mid-comp
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:35 am

I'm loving the 2 extra trades....injuries have hit my team hard dropping about 1,600 spots in rank so 4 trades allows me to get back on track. I've also saved about 3 trades prior to this round.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:36 am

I assume no one looking at Arey because of possibility he may be out? Sorry for being daft, but what's the nature of his injury concern? I like Flanno, but I like Arey's price tag too, for similar base stats. Injury concern is a massive worry, though.

Also, I know a few have been burnt by him so far this year, but Brodie Croft coming off a couple of decent scores, low BE and appealing price ($510K). Would it be considered sideways to trade out Drinkwater to Croft? I'm holding Moses so I need some HLF coverage. This trade wouldn't have been considered without the extra trades, but I'd see it as a way to hopefully get a more reliable scorer (hopefully) that can maybe earn me some cash too. Up against Warriors probably as good a time as any to bring him in. Any thoughts on this? It'd mean I could just use 2 trades - Paix/Drinkwater > Niu/Croft. Or would it be best just to save the trade entirely?

Otherwise, I'm probably looking at Paix/Drinkwater/Rudolf > Niu/Flanno/?

And that's my biggest concern. If I go for 3 trades the only options I can see below $312K are Farnworth and L.Croker. Farnworth gone when Staggs is back? And Croker shit, so not sure I like either of them at all.

Sorry for the long post... would appreciate any thoughts.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:36 am

Once Were Warriors wrote:Just wanted to drop in and say hi. Second season of Fantasy and learning the ropes. Would love to punch up there with you fellas one day.

There is some bloody good chat in here. The extra trades are crazy! But if anyone is going to know how to make the most of them it's you lot.

Welcome
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:38 am

Lots of people talking about cashing out the failed cash cows, ie Paix, Musgrove
    Who are you cashing them out to?
    I’m really not seeing any value in the low price range.
    Talau is one but I already have him.
    Bailey Sironen is a possible.
    Niu, I don’t see hanging around long enough.
    Who am I missing?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:40 am

Teeth Eater wrote:I assume no one looking at Arey because of possibility he may be out? Sorry for being daft, but what's the nature of his injury concern? I like Flanno, but I like Arey's price tag too, for similar base stats. Injury concern is a massive worry, though.

Also, I know a few have been burnt by him so far this year, but Brodie Croft coming off a couple of decent scores, low BE and appealing price ($510K). Would it be considered sideways to trade out Drinkwater to Croft? I'm holding Moses so I need some HLF coverage. This trade wouldn't have been considered without the extra trades, but I'd see it as a way to hopefully get a more reliable scorer (hopefully) that can maybe earn me some cash too. Up against Warriors probably as good a time as any to bring him in. Any thoughts on this? It'd mean I could just use 2 trades - Paix/Drinkwater > Niu/Croft. Or would it be best just to save the trade entirely?

Otherwise, I'm probably looking at Paix/Drinkwater/Rudolf > Niu/Flanno/?

And that's my biggest concern. If I go for 3 trades the only options I can see below $312K are Farnworth and L.Croker. Farnworth gone when Staggs is back? And Croker shit, so not sure I like either of them at all.

Sorry for the long post... would appreciate any thoughts.  

The worry I'd have with Croft is not his scoring, but that he'll be the one hooked for Dearden if the Broncos lose either of their next two games. It might be Milford, but it seems 50/50. Don't know what any forum Broncos fans think...

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:37 am