NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo

Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo

Post by Aardvark Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:05 pm

wolfking wrote:

That's a long time post TLT.

Absolutely, I think everyone (except me of course) forgot him until Bethany piped up

I had my Moses and Katoa to Cleary and Young swap loaded up (to be reversed about 120 times by Thursday)
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:05 pm

Man this is occupying my mind heavily. I could play safe and probably smart as I was going to do, or I could go balls out and just trade Drinkfucker, Rudolf, JTB & Paix for something sexy... or add Moses to the mix instead of Paix and really go all out.

I was conserving trades quite well so as much as I don't want to use them all, I could just say fuck it, they're just a bonus anyway so let's get ridiculous.

But I dunno. Really got no strong idea about which route to take now. Sure wish Teddy and Ponga were cheaper...

Things to consider.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:07 pm

Sorry, but do the two extra trades have to be used this round or can you bank them? 4 trades would go close to completing my side until the next run of injuries!
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:07 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Man this is occupying my mind heavily. I could play safe and probably smart as I was going to do, or I could go balls out and just trade Drinkfucker, Rudolf, JTB & Paix for something sexy... or add Moses to the mix instead of Paix and really go all out.

I was conserving trades quite well so as much as I don't want to use them all, I could just say fuck it, they're just a bonus anyway so let's get ridiculous.

But I dunno. Really got no strong idea about which route to take now. Sure wish Teddy and Ponga were cheaper...

Things to consider.

come to the dark side, we have PODs Very Happy

in all seriousness, my plan at the moment is to use my 2 bonus trades on selling Arrow and Rudolf to Young and RFM, giving me 2 cash generators who probably outscore Arrow anyway, and also means that I can soon sell Lucy to someone who isn't a 2RF.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:09 pm

Honeysett wrote:

The regulars will not leave. That's why they're regulars. If you can turn those casuals into regulars then it's a win long term.

Ultimately, there's worse things going on then two extra trades that people will use on shit centres anyway. What's done is done mate.

At the end of the day I don't care either way, it's a fun little thing to do to make the game more entertaining. Anyone genuinely getting upset by it needs to step back and ask themselves is it worth going mental about

I know this was unpopular opinion but Honeysett is largely right vis a vis Casuals.

I come from online gaming (Poker) and we couldn’t really grow that product and game until we gave more back to the “fish”. That is, doing more things that reward them.

Now this is a free to play not a real money environment but the same goes here. Recreationals ALWAYS need to come first or your product and game doesn’t grow.

Where you are a little off HS is that the Regs won’t leave.

They do and they will, but by nature of such ecosystems the harsh reality is that it doesn’t matter as much as you think

Less sharks eating fish, more fish breeding and growing and having a great time. The Regs unfortunately are the spokespersons and all the figureheads of the product (and the noisy ones - so do contribute) but they are also niche, the minority, and fantasyfanatics like places won’t be the difference between 50k registerations and 100k next year.

So we will lose some sharks next year but likely be more players and office leagues than ever.

In short, we don’t matter as much as you think

Last edited by GreenMachine on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:09 pm

Aardvark wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

Last time you used this I promised my self I would start using it in the real world.  I did not.  This time I vow to.

Poppycock...

I do enjoy the odd oops-a-daisy.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:14 pm

Theoretical, because I probably won't be doing this, but supposing you were cashing down this week to a season-long red dot for l**ping purposes.

Glance at fixture list says Newcastle are best option for this with seven of their games on Sunday, four Satyrday, two Friday, no Thursday. But they don't have a 212k player, would have to be 228k.

Unless I'm overlooking something, and I have only glanced, Manly are second best (five Sunday, five Saturday, three Friday, no Thursday) but do have a 212k red dot.

Which is the value play?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:16 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Theoretical, because I probably won't be doing this, but supposing you were cashing down this week to a season-long red dot for l**ping purposes.

Glance at fixture list says Newcastle are best option for this with seven of their games on Sunday, four Satyrday, two Friday, no Thursday. But they don't have a 212k player, would have to be 228k.

Unless I'm overlooking something, and I have only glanced, Manly are second best (five Sunday, five Saturday, three Friday, no Thursday) but do have a 212k red dot.

Which is the value play?

Probably the Manly guy, though depends who the actual player is. Ideally they're DPP for CTR and WFB so you can l**p those positions. Also depends on what time those Saturday games are. I still have Wiliame so I'm just gonna use him for that purpose
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:21 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:Sorry, but do the two extra trades have to be used this round or can you bank them? 4 trades would go close to completing my side until the next run of injuries!

It says they are "added to your Season total" and up to 4 available this Round. SO you don;t need to use them this Round mate.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:24 pm

Welshy wrote:
    5 games until end of season. Changing our scoring system to match that of supercoach because well you know league has changed its interchange ruling. Also introducing -4 for MTs. Don’t worry it effects everyone the same!

oh please, you're equating major functional changes with "oh, I guess I run out of trades one round later than I thought would"?, pick your toys up and put them back in the cot.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:25 pm

Should have caveated that I’m not saying such growth WILL happen with such a minor change, and that no fanatics and say no MTB site will probably momentarily hurt what is already a niche game than casuals are capable of countering. Longer term though that will certainly be their ambition.

Not 100% on this but I think Supercoach has cornered that recreational market anyway with the cash prizes and the mainstream media link?

Anyways, where’s my trades. My team fucking stinks
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:26 pm

I agree with the majority. I won't bore y'all with why in my particular circumstance, although just last Round I saved a trade thinking long term and have saved 2 all up.

Very disappointing to think they see fit to change the goal posts mid season for no genuine reason. It doesn't make me want to quit, and I'll be back next year, but agree with most, no need for it.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:30 pm

standard-issue wrote:

It says they are "added to your Season total" and up to 4 available this Round.  SO you don;t need to use them this Round mate.
    Thanks. Gees it’s tempting I can dump the Reindeer, Twal, Moses, and Drink for Niu, Butcher, Lolo, and Cleary. I think I’d better stick to two this week. I’ll need the freebies next week!
    Ozymandias
    Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:31 pm

Yeah, same here, only used one trade in each of the last 2 weeks as I was keeping an eye on things .... but, I'll find a use for 2 more at some point so .... onwards & upwards
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:32 pm

GreenMachine wrote:

I know this was unpopular opinion but Honeysett is largely right vis a vis Casuals.

I come from online gaming (Poker) and we couldn’t really grow that product and game until we gave more back to the “fish”. That is, doing more things that reward them.

Now this is a free to play not a real money environment but the same goes here. Recreationals ALWAYS need to come first or your product and game doesn’t grow.

They do and they will, but by nature of such ecosystems the harsh reality is that it doesn’t matter as much as you think

Less sharks eating fish, more fish breeding and growing and having a great time. The Regs unfortunately are the spokespersons and all the figureheads of the product (and the noisy ones - so do contribute) but they are also niche, the minority, and fantasyfanatics like places won’t be the difference between 50k registerations and 100k next year.

So we will lose some sharks next year but likely be more players and office leagues than ever.

If I wasn't thinking about quitting already, this would have really helped.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:37 pm

Weiland wrote:Don't CK and Lone Scout have regular jobs at NRL.com and do Fantasy as a side thing?

As employees, they would be ineligible for any prizes, so as shit as the rules changes are, it clearly won't be CK doing it to just help his own team.

I doubt they'd have any actual authority to make this sort of change themselves either, although like Latrell's stat changes they could probably make a compelling suggestion should they want to
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:39 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Theoretical, because I probably won't be doing this, but supposing you were cashing down this week to a season-long red dot for l**ping purposes.

Which is the value play?

1/3rd of the way through the season, the value play is not to deliberately play short, even with bonus trades
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:42 pm

Milchcow wrote:

1/3rd of the way through the season, the value play is not to deliberately play short, even with bonus trades

True, true. Although with the potential for four trades every week we'll never be short.

Heads up for later in the season that Knights are definitely the loop option though.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:44 pm

GreenMachine wrote:

There is nothing that has happened today that will entice casuals to choose Fantasy over Supercoach.

We've gone from less trades than SC, to slightly less trades than SC.

Combine that with a less reliable app, and less media coverage of the game and its hardly going to see friendly office comps jump ship.

As has been said numerous times, - the low amount of trades was a known factor and must have been a conscious decision. It spoor form to reverse that decision half way through.

I'd be happy for an FPL style free trade every week and pay points to get more - but make the change at the start of the season, not half way through.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:44 pm

Late to the party as just saw the news....

Pretty fucked up to throw this in now, as most have mentioned I would have done a few things different knowing this. Went into this week with 664k to give my 2 trades meaning this week and taking a gamble on cows, hindsight I grab a gun last week and the 50+ points he scores over Averillo (In a tough week for points).
    Even with 4 trades you can do some crazy things like taking 3 underpriced players and one cow that you couldn't do in twos. But it's not really in the spirit

Looking at one of the few comps I care about (Sharks league) I have been chasing the leaders who look fucked due to some injuries and no bench, so my depth and previous trades while clearing red dots was my one advantage. Not anymore, 4 Trades resets all that

Will play the season out but noone likes goalposts being shifted mid game

Would prefer if they gave you a couple 4 trade round wildcards you could use once in the year. Still comes out of your allocation but at least people would have the option to fix a really bad week or save for origin etc.
    But here is the catch, you know this from the start....

Anyways thanks Gerry.........

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:12 pm