NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo

Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:25 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Just caught up. What a load of bollocks. Scratch this season and go with last year's results.

Will that mean that Rabbits21 ends up in L10 again Wink
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo

Post by Revraiser Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:28 pm

Love these last two replies from HS and GM.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:31 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Im going the other way now then if Rabs agrees! Give me more trades!!

Yeah, Rabs thinking it's a bad idea changes everything.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:31 pm

According to the dogs forum, averillo passed HIA tests and wanted to play, but club has rested him. Not sure what to make of all that.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:31 pm

Maybe in the future they need to setup two comps. One comp you get 2 trades every week and the other you get limited trades like you do now. Im sure there are plenty of players who just enjoy trying to get the best team they can and then there are players who enjoy the challange of managing trades etc.

This would keep the casual players happy and then the fanatics like us happy too.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:32 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:

Will that mean that Rabbits21 ends up in L10 again Wink

Lol
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:37 pm

Khany wrote:According to the dogs forum, averillo passed HIA tests and wanted to play, but club has rested him. Not sure what to make of all that.

He failed HIA on gameday, which means there's no way of knowing his progression through tests for few days

Same as Teddy, would have had to go through 6 days of different tests to be able to play
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:40 pm

Honeysett wrote:The move is designed to appeal to casual fans.

At the end of the day do you enjoy playing? If so just look at it for the positives of what you can do with your squad. Is it fair? Probably not but what's done is done. There's no point getting upset at an accounting game
    So potentially lose the regulars to appease the casuals who might not even be back next year? It’s fucking dumb
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:41 pm

It's one way traffic on NRL Fantasy FB page. People filthy at this change. I'm less confident in cash leagues I'm in good shape in because my trade management strategy is not advantage it was. They are so clueless about the hardcore players that prop this comp up

Last edited by Loomer on Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:42 pm

GreenMachine wrote:

I was recently up in arms for a split second at the premier leagues decision to reinstate with unlimited transfers, when I had diligently (to the detriment of my current team) saved my wildcard. It’s an issue of them just wanting max engagement for a largely free to play product, but me being heavily financially and personally invested in such product.

There is a difference between changing rules because of an enforced long hiatus, and then changing things again a month later

Very few people complained about having two lots of 4-trade rounds upon restart, even though the new comp rules and draw meant they were disadvantaged some of the initial team decisions they'd made. Some people got an advantage too after the restart and good luck to them

But people running out of trades early was 100% forseeable when they restarted the comp with only 28 trades, injuries or not. If they wanted to give more trades to keep the casuals happy, then make that decision at the time. Every week here for the last month, every piece of trade advice has been given on the working assumption that trades are short.
    If we end up losing more games to COVID or whatever, then I could understand the possibility of making changes to adjust. But we are in the same situation we were a month ago. Just back your original call.

I also have zero confidence that they won't make more changes later down the track.

filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:43 pm

Khany wrote:According to the dogs forum, averillo passed HIA tests and wanted to play, but club has rested him. Not sure what to make of all that.

Kid is 18. They probably thought they'd rest him whether he passes protocol or not.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:47 pm

Welshy wrote:
    So potentially lose the regulars to appease the casuals who might not even be back next year? It’s fucking dumb

The regulars will not leave. That's why they're regulars. If you can turn those casuals into regulars then it's a win long term.

Ultimately, there's worse things going on then two extra trades that people will use on shit centres anyway. What's done is done mate.

At the end of the day I don't care either way, it's a fun little thing to do to make the game more entertaining. Anyone genuinely getting upset by it needs to step back and ask themselves is it worth going mental about
    sgdragons10
    sgdragons10

Post by sgdragons10 Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:49 pm

Whats everyones thoughts? is rudolf and JTB a sell now or hold? both of them have basically reached their peak in my eyes
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:53 pm

GreenMachine wrote:So as a man who needs trades and was just 2 days ago saying “I’m done”... The decision and initiative is clearly wrong. They’ve no doubt weighed up there still being a decently long season ahead and people being half a team of red dots and thought, it’s more fun to keep people engaged.

It on face value hurts the hard-core players like this forum, and guys shooting out in top 100 but don’t forget. With everything you get given in games like this it is ALWAYS the sharp players that work to benefit most.

All this is going is guaranteeing the good coaches now have some year end trades in the bank
    The recreationals and bad coaches still won’t. They will make more changes and momentarily have a better team than they deserve but they won’t prosper.

I was recently up in arms for a split second at the premier leagues decision to reinstate with unlimited transfers, when I had diligently (to the detriment of my current team) saved my wildcard. It’s an issue of them just wanting max engagement for a largely free to play product, but me being heavily financially and personally invested in such product.

Long story short, I quickly realized, this was advantage me. Anything that creates more decisions, even if makes for easier planning is still advantage regulars, because Regs are the only people that do any “planning”

So for those sitting top 100, you’ve just been given edge to improve that position...

In short Welshy, you’re going fucking nowhere pal. Nowhere but the top. Go on and win the thing with the boost they’ve given, even if it’s wrong

To those sitting 3000th because of trades in the bank. You are still guaranteed to have even more trades in the bank at year-end to mow down those ahead of you with broken teams with players falling thick and fast. And note... the recreationals and current broken teams (like mine) will use them all this week... so still advantage, you.

TLDR: It’s shit, but you’re a serious player so still have the most edge to benefit from it
    Issue for me on a personal level is the guys above and around are highly unlikely to be casuals. What a shed load of the guys above have is serious injury issues to guns. Part of the game is holding vs trading a 2/3 week injury for example. Now it’s a complete freebie for them. I could of kept Mann if I had extra trades and made the cash elsewhere mate getting rid of the Williames. Any serious player with a strong start and additional trades covering these injuries is a huge uptick for them
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:56 pm

Honeysett wrote:

The regulars will not leave. That's why they're regulars. If you can turn those casuals into regulars then it's a win long term.

Ultimately, there's worse things going on then two extra trades that people will use on shit centres anyway. What's done is done mate.

At the end of the day I don't care either way, it's a fun little thing to do to make the game more entertaining. Anyone genuinely getting upset by it needs to step back and ask themselves is it worth going mental about

It's bullshit. People like me and many on here literally plan to rank well by careful trade management and lot of analysis time spent. This is a massive FU to us and anyone downplaying it is being ridiculous

I have $70 in cash leagues some people probably a lot more. Only $70 outlay but returns are considerable and any advantage I'd gained with trade management knowing only 2 trades per week has gone out window

Last edited by Loomer on Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:56 pm

Honeysett wrote:

I’m 90% sure I’m done next year, just turning into a mockery now. Only thing that would get me back is this place but the game is turning into a shit shower. What is the point in carefully planning for one set of rules for it to get changed mid way through!

Last edited by Welshy on Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:57 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Regulars leave every year but they usually do it by not returning the following year.
    Regulars will leave from this, if only a few and it will stick in peoples mind at the start of the season next year.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:59 pm

It's simply bad business when an organization doesn't know their product or have any clue about the consumers. Shows how out of touch they are with us on our level.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:00 pm

What if someone wins this and end of season it all kicks off and they remove the prize from all the uproar? Anything can happen now, they have set a shit precedent and I’ve no faith it all changes again
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:02 pm

This is probably LS doing it just to benefit himself because he's so shit at fantasy.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:24 pm