NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part-42 Man Down!

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part-42 Man Down! - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part-42 Man Down!

Post by my tv broke Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:09 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

That is also called belief in your coach and your teammates.. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of the other younger boys were calling for the dropping of a few of their older stairs because they have no trust in them anymore (Darius).. It's all smoke and mirrors to the press. Seibold strikes me as someone who pumps his blokes up in a way that makes the team feel like a party rather than a job. Des's boys for example seem ill disciplined in game and ready for the fight no matter who is beside them.
    Also I think with the Broncos being pretty much a one team town, the young players (Flegler, etc.) get their heads built up too quick around the media after 1-2 big games and a couple Origin comments that they feel they don't need to go on with the job.

TL;DR - I think Broncos have no belief in their coach or their senior members

first bold - definitely. biggest issue is there aren't the older leaders to pull them into line. Broncos have always been a one team town but when you had leaders like webcke/civo/etc the young kids weren't allowed to get big heads by the senior mentors.

second bold - i dunno. I think the players like the coach. I just don't think he's a good coach. they are just headless chooks, they're comfortable, and he's not getting the best out of any of them. if the coach was an issue i doubt all of the young guys would have stuck around.. but we'll see how long that lasts I guess.

when bennett left there was the whole media fear that we'd lose players, but we haven't. the roster though is just so imbalanced at the moment that we're in a massive hole that is going to take a long time to get out of.

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    no_worryers
    no_worryers

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part-42 Man Down! - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part-42 Man Down!

Post by no_worryers Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:10 am

Mulvy wrote:

Turbo's a trade mate. Try to get Ponga if you don't have him already. Otherwise RTS, Dedwards, Dufty have been mentioned, out of those I favour RTS probably, but it'd be hard to pick a warrior this week.

thanks for the advice. I do have ponga, will get the roger.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:14 am

my tv broke wrote:

first bold - definitely. biggest issue is there aren't the older leaders to pull them into line. Broncos have always been a one team town but when you had leaders like webcke/civo/etc the young kids weren't allowed to get big heads by the senior mentors.

second bold - i dunno. I think the players like the coach. I just don't think he's a good coach. they are just headless chooks, they're comfortable, and he's not getting the best out of any of them. if the coach was an issue i doubt all of the young guys would have stuck around.. but we'll see how long that lasts I guess.

when bennett left there was the whole media fear that we'd lose players, but we haven't. the roster though is just so imbalanced at the moment that we're in a massive hole that is going to take a long time to get out of.

Lack of senior players is a very under rated impact on the team. Letting go TPJ instead of McGuire on paper seems like a poor idea, but he would be a great fit for this young team. Signing James Maloney instead of Croft would have been another great idea. You need guys in and around the team that can take the pressure from the media, but also hold the younger guys accountable. The current leaders either have no heart/desire (Boyd) so shouldn't be in first grade, or are so far past it that they can't step up with the game on the line (Glenn)
    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

Post by hymenbustas Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:16 am

Was prob MTB but I read on here that a side made up of DFifi, Haas and Mofo lost in the GF to a team with Avo and Keppie? Does anyone have the team list for that
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:16 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Lack of senior players is a very under rated impact on the team. Letting go TPJ instead of McGuire on paper seems like a poor idea, but he would be a great fit for this young team. Signing James Maloney instead of Croft would have been another great idea. You need guys in and around the team that can take the pressure from the media, but also hold the younger guys accountable. The current leaders either have no heart/desire (Boyd) so shouldn't be in first grade, or are so far past it that they can't step up with the game on the line (Glenn)

Maloney was the absolute perfect signing for this team. It does my head in that we are so far up our ass as a club to have not made that move.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:20 am

Thoughts on Pearce as a keeper this year? He is obviously putting up the numbers. But can he keep it up ?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:22 am

Fraser wrote:

Why does Paix "have" to go? He has a BE of 12 so shouldn't lose cash this week. I plan on saving the trade and reassessing my options next week to make sure I get the right cow. Am I the only one that see's it this way?
    You’re right, I might just save my trade but I have to play Luai in my 17 and if Teddy is out also Hammer in my 17.

If nothing comes up better though next week then it’s trouble. If Averillo goes well again this week he’s just gonna cost an extra 50k next week.

If Katoa doesn’t play I play with 16.

Last edited by Rabbits21 on Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:22 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Thoughts on Pearce as a keeper this year? He is obviously putting up the numbers. But can he keep it up ?

I don't think I have much of a choice not to have him as a keeper now.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:23 am

my tv broke wrote:

Maloney was the absolute perfect signing for this team. It does my head in that we are so far up our ass as a club to have not made that move.

There is a senior five-eigth bouncing around at the moment who is on the out of his club and still has a couple decent years in him... used to play for the Broncos a few years ago and his name rhyme with Menji Barshall.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:23 am

How many players have you all got that will likely be part of your final 17? I've been looking at my team to figure this out for me, and I have the following spots done. A * denotes a player that I will sell if I have a spare trade to do it but otherwise will keep to the end.

HOK: Koroisau
    FRF: Haas, Fotuaika
    2RF: Yeo, Arrow*
    HLF: Croft*, Flanagan
    CTR: Lomax, Crichton*
    WFB: Ponga, Teddy
    INT: Grant, Carrigan* Katoa*
    EMG: Mann*, Wiliame*, Averillo*

Basically, I only really need to use trades on the following spots.

3rd 2RF: Lolo most likely, but if I can't afford him then Matterson or Fifita will be the guy I go for

3rd WFB: With Turbo going down that rules him out for this spot, it'll probably just be a rotation of the cheapies I have, especially if Wiliame stays as a red dot. If I can get a WFB on the rise like To'o was last year, then that's who goes here.

HOK: I do intend on keeping Koro and Grant to the end if they both stay fit and firing, but I will need one more, and CS9 is probably the one I want. Odds are I can get only one of CS9/Cook/Mcinnes.

EMG: I'll be looking at a FRF or 2RF cashout option for one of the EMG spots, probably 2RF if I either hold Carrigan or sell him to an FRF (potentially Taupau if he gets cheap enough)
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:23 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    You’re right, I might just save my trade but I have to play Luai in my 17 and if Teddy is out also Hammer in my 17.

If nothing comes up better though next week then it’s trouble. If Averillo goes well again this week he’s just gonna cost an extra 50k next week.

I reckon just fielding 17 will be good enough this week mate. There will be teams out there running 1 short I'd say.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:26 am

wolfking wrote:

I reckon just fielding 17 will be good enough this week mate.  There will be teams out there running 1 short I'd say.
    I’ll run short if Katoa doesn’t play but I’m crossing my fingers for the best.

Maybe we should both save a trade and not jump on Averillo.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:26 am

Couple of questions:
    Who was it the other day that went through their team and listed keepers/maybes/sells, and who they'd upgrade to? Want to use that post as a template but can't find it.

Looking for cheap HLF cover to bring in for Paix. Have I missed the boat on Fog/Clark? JS is shaky for them right?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:27 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

There is a senior five-eigth bouncing around at the moment who is on the out of his club and still has a couple decent years in him... used to play for the Broncos a few years ago and his name rhyme with Menji Barshall.

benji sucks now and thats why he was dropped.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:28 am

Keepers for my team;

CM9
    Grant
    Koro
    Haas
    Carrigan
    Tolo
    Moses
    Pearce
    Lomax
    Nofo

Horse, Lucy and Papy possibly good enough too. Pretty generouos in what I'm calling keeper but only means 4 more spots I'd need to fill.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:28 am

Am i silly considering Turbo > Dedwards?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:29 am

FaringdonSwirl wrote:Couple of questions:
    Who was it the other day that went through their team and listed keepers/maybes/sells, and who they'd upgrade to? Want to use that post as a template but can't find it.

Looking for cheap HLF cover to bring in for Paix. Have I missed the boat on Fog/Clark? JS is shaky for them right?

Fog looks secure. He's the better half of the two there at the moment.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:30 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Am i silly considering Turbo > Dedwards?

Nah I think he's earned the right to be in the conversation. Panthers looking like a top team 4 this year too.
    I think a few people will be making a choice between him and RTS this round.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:30 am

Lone Scout

Bulldogs recruit Luke Thompson and the new dual-position player updates are due to be added to #NRLFantasy on Wednesday morning.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:30 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Am i silly considering Turbo > Dedwards?

Considering how many of us got burnt by him last year, it's a brave pick but WFB is such a wasteland that you might as well try it.

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:09 am