NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part-42 Man Down!

standard-issue
    standard-issue

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part-42 Man Down! - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part-42 Man Down!

Post by standard-issue Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:44 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:
    Welshy wrote:
    He will be better off returning to wing and bagging some tries when Holmes returns. Has at least shown some TB ability in space. Would of gone Talau if he was available for sure especially with DPP incoming?

Not sure he even stays in the 17 when Holmes back. Kid they played on the wing looked much more solid.

The Hammer seems favoured.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part-42 Man Down! - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part-42 Man Down!

Post by standard-issue Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:51 pm

Shady2K wrote:SJ quietly with back to back 70s and a bit cheaper than Cleary/DCE if anyone's looking for a new half. Proven fantasy gun year on year

Due for a Meaty too.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:06 pm

The Bludger wrote:What a complete pile of trash this week was - 788 (too many players in the 20s and 30s...and forgot to shift Paix into NPRs) from 5000s down to 9500 rank.
    Fantasy NRL, you are a cruel mistress.

If it makes you feel any better, we've all been there mate.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:14 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Fogarty looks the goods and becoming to be the dominant half with Taylor’s sub standard play! Whether Holbrook has the bollocks to hold Fogarty over the higher profile is the question if changes come. He’s on my trade in list
    Looking at bringing in Fog this week?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:16 pm

The Bludger wrote:What a complete pile of trash this week was - 788 (too many players in the 20s and 30s...and forgot to shift Paix into NPRs) from 5000s down to 9500 rank.
    Fantasy NRL, you are a cruel mistress.
    It’s not over yet mate 2-3 good weeks can easily have you back in that top 2-3k
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:29 pm

No pressure but looking forward to the banner LB Very Happy
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:30 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Looking at bringing in Fog this week?
    Yes mate, cheaper than Luai and going much better. Maybe for Williame, depends on my opinion on HTF after TLT as can move Drinkwater back into WFB and play Fog. He’s high on my list
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:44 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    You have to have a non playing centre with a red dot to do looping. So if you have Wiliame you can start him at centre and then have 2 other centres in your emergencies and then if say the centre who plays first is your 19th man and scores 32 and you’re happy with that then you leave as is and take his score. If you’re not happy with that then say your 20th or 21st man who is also a centre you just swap him out with Wiliame. The Dragons would have to have to play though  after the centres you wanna use a loop on though.

I hope I make a bit of sense. It’s confusing at first but once you understand it you won’t look back.

Personally I wouldn’t be too worried for my own side re looping centres. I think if you have 4 centres in your side that’s a bit overkill for my liking personally.

Yeah ok cheers mate this makes abit more sense now. So how would I do the looping for this week? So I'll have Best and Wiliame as my starting centres then Critta and Averillo in my emergencies. So if Critta gets 25 on Thursday night and I'm not happy with that I will just sub in Averillo for Wiliame and hope he gets higher than that 25? Is that right? I don't really get that last part you said where "the dragons would have to play though after the centres you wanna use a loop on though."
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:47 pm

@Milchcow

Sorry mate, long time between replies on the weekend! Sad

Touches by a fullback this week (80 minutes only, excluded Thompson, Tedesco for injury)

RTS - 30
    Dufty 27
    Ponga - 45
    Edwards - 32
    Papenhuyzen - 35
    Doueihi - 22
    HTW - 25
    Gutherson - 37

Less involved Latrell managed 28

He's clearly not at a Ponga level, but to say he isn't involved is just looking at him differently to other fullbacks because he is "lazy"
    Tedesco only got 22 in his 60 minutes so was on track for a similar level too.
    He gets as much chance to score points as everyone else

Good info. Thanks for that. I'll admit straight up that the way I watch my recruits, I probably no doubt unfairly judge them with my Fantasy goggles. I'm definitely happy with Latrell's 52. As I was watching, I actually likened him to Turbo regarding involvement etc. Very different players, but I see the similarities also, in terms of the impact they have when they do get the ball.

Luai - why is he so shit?

He's not a terrible player, but his score doesn't translate to fantasy. No bulk kick metres so needs to get a lot of attacking stats for big points, but isn't the focal point of his team either.
    He's made $150k, but probably time to move him on fantasy-wise

Haha, I actually wanted to re-word how I put that. He definitely puts a lot in. I should have said "why is his fantasy scoring so shit?" 😉

The first half from the Cowboys was the worst half from any team all year. They were abysmal and could not tackle to save their lives. 34-0 probably flattered them a little.

2nd half they improved, and Drinkwater (along with Lolo) was the main attacking threat. Could almost have had more attacking points too (cutout pass for a 'try assist' but winger put a foot out)

Marsters was one of the key offenders for the first half woefulness. if people thought SCrichton might get dropped last week for getting beaten by Waqa Blake twice, then Marsters is miles from first grade material

HTF was on 0 at half time (or maybe 1) so everyone live watching was pretty pleased with his final score. Most of the points he did get came from a single run.
    Going to the wing probably not ideal when Holmes comes back, but Cowboys wont suck that badly every week.

Knee injury for Twal. MCL was all iced up on the sideline. He'll miss game time for sure, just a matter of how much.

Thanks for the catch-up too. I hope HTF gets another shot at fullback in a more friendly game. Great to see that Drinkwater score, and read that he was involved too. Very nice.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:51 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Yes mate, cheaper than Luai and going much better. Maybe for Williame, depends on my opinion on HTF after TLT as can move Drinkwater back into WFB and play Fog. He’s high on my list

I got some (very) dud info from a Supercoach Podcast saying Tyrone Roberts would be fit this round and push Fogarty out of the side. Obviously it didn't happen, and it annoyingly prevented me from bringing Fogarty into my Auto-Fill squad... but either way, this still lingers in my head. As shit as Ash Taylor is, surely if Roberts comes back - for better or worse - it will still be Fogarty that moves on? Bringing him in would just make me so nervous.

That said, will Tyrone Roberts actually ever return?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:57 pm

KingTeddy wrote:

Yeah ok cheers mate this makes abit more sense now. So how would I do the looping for this week? So I'll have Best and Wiliame as my starting centres then Critta and Averillo in my emergencies. So if Critta gets 25 on Thursday night and I'm not happy with that I will just sub in Averillo for Wiliame and hope he gets higher than that 25? Is that right? I don't really get that last part you said where "the dragons would have to play though after the centres you wanna use a loop on though."

That’s exactly how you’d run it mate. If you do want Crittas score you’ll have to make the switch to Averillo before the Dragons game or Williame will lock out
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:00 am

Fantasy talk aside... Knights are second! Fucking beauty!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:09 am

Honeysett wrote:Fantasy talk aside... Knights are second! Fucking beauty!

Who dis?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:37 am

Welshy wrote:
    I’m looking at Paix to Averillo, do you think that is an ok move?

I’ve got Luai and Paix but I think I feel Paix would be the more urgent sell. I would not have enough to go Paix to Fog.

Fog would be a great trade in for you. Hopefully the Titans don’t drop him.

I just wanna make one trade this week as I only have 14 left. Each one is golden now.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:42 am

KingTeddy wrote:

Yes mate that’s right so put Wiliame at starting centre. If Crichton gets 25 and you’re not happy then swap Wiliame out with Averillo so Averillo is then you’re starting centre.

What I meant mate was if the Dragons played before say Crichton and Averillo then you’d get the score of who is higher in your emergenices. So say Crichton was 19th man and scored 26 and Averillo was 20th man and scored 37 you’d get Crichtons score as he’s higher in your emergencies.

So when looping it really only works if the player with the red dots team is playing later in the round than the players scores you wanna loop in.

I hope this makes sense.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:44 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

I got some (very) dud info from a Supercoach Podcast saying Tyrone Roberts would be fit this round and push Fogarty out of the side. Obviously it didn't happen, and it annoyingly prevented me from bringing Fogarty into my Auto-Fill squad... but either way, this still lingers in my head. As shit as Ash Taylor is, surely if Roberts comes back - for better or worse - it will still be Fogarty that moves on? Bringing him in would just make me so nervous.

That said, will Tyrone Roberts actually ever return?
    That would be my only concern too mate if I was bringing in Fog.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:44 am

A few Sunday thoughts after finally getting through the last game. Not a bad game in the end, actually. Not great quality, but an interesting contest.

Of the first game;

Turbo - wow, 52 in 52. I wonder where that would have gone. That injury certainly makes the WFB even more hectic. Underperforming RTS or underperforming Pappy for that third slot? For me I guess it's the one I have (being Pappy).

L.Croker - as dire as he is, will be interesting to see if people hop on if he sews up that spot in the halves for a few weeks. I don't think I could do it. I assume he'll be DPP HOK as well this week?

B. Elliot - thank goodness he's at the price he's at and I don't need to consider him.

Gosiewski - wow, what a terrible score from 76min.

RFM - still cursing his name for ruining Averillo's try.

Townsend - never thought too much either way of the guy, but his haircut (which is only an abysmal version of most the current horrendous haircuts in the comp) makes me want to greet his face with a backhand. Why does one do that to oneself?

Averillo - wow, for this week, couldn't be happier with a gamble purchase. Just wish he was in my 17 instead of Rudolf. That should keep the price ticking a little. Very easy on the eye to watch too. I thought last week he was a turnstile (though I didn't see full game) but tonight he looked great in defence, and he obviously offers excitement if and when he gets the ball.

Fifita - 47 points in 32 mins... yowser. It'd still be hard to take the gamble, even assuming his minutes might increase, and his price is a little far out of gamble territory, for me anyway.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:51 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I’m looking at Paix to Averillo, do you think that is an ok move?

I’ve got Luai and Paix but I think I feel Paix would be the more urgent sell. I would not have enough to go Paix to Fog.

Fog would be a great trade in for you. Hopefully the Titans don’t drop him.

I just wanna make one trade this week as I only have 14 left. Each one is golden now.
    Paix if Luke starts again as he will start bleeding cash, chance Paix starts but unlikely. Luai only needs a big score to kick start cash generation ala Drinky but he might be the one to go for me this week. I might be able to make a luxury trade pending TLT as avoided most the carnage and few guys put their hands up again like Brailey.

Fogarty looks the goods and hopefully Holbrook sees the same as most and rewards him with the start over Taylor as he’s been outplaying him if he decides to make changes to his halves
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:36 am

RTS at around $590,000 looks too good to ignore at current price after lockout doesn’t he? Or bite bullet and go Best/Latrell for additional CTR cover

Campbell Graham as well offering the same as above and in better attacking team than RTS. Decisions.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:39 am

I wouldn’t go with Best. For me it’d come down to between RTS and Latrell.

RTS is due surely for some bigger scores soon though.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:41 pm