NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Robbie Farah

Poll

Is Farah still an elite #9

[ 2 ]
    Robbie Farah Bar_left15%Robbie Farah Bar_right [15%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Robbie Farah Bar_left15%Robbie Farah Bar_right [15%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Robbie Farah Bar_left46%Robbie Farah Bar_right [46%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Robbie Farah Bar_left23%Robbie Farah Bar_right [23%] 

Total Votes: 13

Robbie Farah Empty Robbie Farah

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:27 am

After some discussion regarding Robbie Farah in the draft game thread I thought I would open this up to the entire forum and see what others think.

Aside from Club politics is Robbie Farah still an elite #9, also do you believe he is still NSW best option for 2016?

Discuss.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Robbie Farah Empty Re: Robbie Farah

Post by Milchcow Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:55 am

Robbie Farah is better than most of those picked before him in that draft game.

you nutjobs even picked Ennis before Farah. Even including petty politics Farah is a better option.

Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:01 am

Can we have an option of 'help me justify having to pick him in the draft'? lol!

In all seriousness, if you were to ask a lot of fans, myself included if you would want farah as your hooker if your current hooker was not at your club, most would likely say yes. He can cause some internal politics but skillwise he is still one of the best in the game. Clear NSW #9 this year and for good reason,

Dropped back a bit this last year for me. Smith is top dog obviously and in my opinion Luke is 2nd with Seggy 3rd. Farah, Friend and Macca in any order for 4-6 as just personal opinion on what you look for in a hooker. Farah maybe more playmaker, friend is a more physical presence who runs a bit more and macca is a tackle machine who always puts his body on the line
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:17 am

Comfortably in the Top 5 in the game. There is a clear Number 1 and the opinion of the next 3 or 4 and their order bounces around based on Club and state allegiance.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:24 am

Season 2015 Farrah follows coaches game plan handing over the reigns to the kids. It doesn't work and he confronts the coach. The coach is inexperienced and sees this as undermining him as opposed to working with senior players. Politics & rifts ensue. Round 25 team ignores coach and smashes it out of the park with Farrah directing the team around the park. Come round 26 they were already in Bali.

Daley picks him because he knows the issue is with the coach. This year will be more of a transition of control where Farah has the licence to step in when needed and take control. Expect a completely different performance this year and stop judging on him trying to implement the coaches game plan last year.

No 1 NSW rake, 2-3 Australian rake without any club bias

Last edited by Your Name on Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sashamaloo
    Sashamaloo

Post by Sashamaloo Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:31 am

What I can't get my head around is why they signed Ballin?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:38 am

Sashamaloo wrote:What I can't get my head around is why they signed Ballin?

This was before new CEO Pascoe signing. It was still Taylor threatening NSW cup pushing Farah out.
    It's an atrocious signing with Mania in the wings (he would have started 1-2 games over origin).
    There is still the chance Farah takes the option to leave and signs elsewhere 2017 and without any rakes coming off contract next year we would be covered. But thats a big IF
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:03 am

Your Name wrote:Season 2015 Farrah follows coaches game plan handing over the reigns to the kids. It doesn't work and he confronts the coach. The coach is inexperienced and sees this as undermining him as opposed to working with senior players. Politics & rifts ensue. Round 25 team ignores coach and smashes it out of the park with Farrah directing the team around the park. Come round 26 they were already in Bali.

Daley picks him because he knows the issue is with the coach. This year will be more of a transition of control where Farah has the licence to step in when needed and take control. Expect a completely different performance this year and stop judging on him trying to implement the coaches game plan last year.

No 1 NSW rake, 2-3 Australian rake without any club bias

Spot on Post.

Its about the coach not being able to stray from his game plan even though he has players that are capable of being creative - eg Farah.

Matt Ballin fits perfectly into the, Tackle heaps - shovel to to the halves - gameplan.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:51 am