NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 34 - Centre-free discussion zone

Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 34 - Centre-free discussion zone - Page 44 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 34 - Centre-free discussion zone

Post by Aardvark Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:53 pm

Hanging on that Mann call coming early tomorrow...if he's out he becomes MoFo

BCT05
    BCT05

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 34 - Centre-free discussion zone - Page 44 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 34 - Centre-free discussion zone

Post by BCT05 Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:55 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Didn't a whole bunch of people start with Ese'ese, and then ditch him after his poor first couple of weeks.

I mean, he's cheap, but what are you going to do if he goes back to scoring 20s

Yep I was one. Definitely don't fancy being burned by him again, too risky. Agree trading in middies such as him with potential upside but also lots of risk don't really make long term sense this season
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:58 pm

BCT05 wrote:

Yep I was one. Definitely don't fancy being burned by him again, too risky. Agree trading in middies such as him with potential upside but also lots of risk don't really make long term sense this season

So if needing to bring in a trade to cover Horse, you'd be looking at a gun rather than a mid ranger? Can't see any cows in that position.
    Empyreal
    Empyreal

Post by Empyreal Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:59 pm

Loomer wrote:Is there any point keeping Guler with 22 BE with Horse out. No reason he gets any more minutes and was a main candidate to be sold

On the fence for this one too. He should get more minutes this week but then is still likely a trade target next week. I think he's a hold if you are trading for the sake of if. Maybe sell if you have a better cow to move him to.

Edit: if he scores 35 this week does his BE go up or down. That could be a key point to see whether your able to hold.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:04 pm

KingTeddy wrote:

Haas vs JWH
    Lodge vs SST
    Fifita vs Cordner
    TPJ vs Crichton
    Carrigan vs Radley
    Offa vs Butcher
    Flegler vs Liu
    Glenn vs Aubo
    Teo vs Collins

You sure mate?

Haas vs JWH - Two of the top 4 props in the game. JWH wins a match up against just about any other prop in the league, debatably not Klemmer. Advantage Haas
    Lodge vs SST - Another of the top 4 props in the game against a guy that may one guy get there. If we are playing 1 game for my life I'm taking Tauk
    Fifita vs Cordner - 2 years ago give me Cordner. Now he is a shell of the once great player. Fifita is the future, will be scary once he puts it all together
    TPJ vs Crichton - Crichton is another game breaker on the edge and way better suited to that role than TPJ. If this is for a bench spot it's a much closer battle, give me Crichton
    Carrigan vs Radley - Both rep quality locks that bring different things to the table. Victor in an incredibly close one
    Ofa vs Butcher - 18 months ago give me Ofa. Now he has shown the game passed him by and Butcher is continuing to shine. Butcher gets the win
    Glenn vs Aubbo - I love Aubbo as much as the next bloke, but Glenn has been a better player for their entire careers
    Teo vs Collins - Depends on the role you need in the team. Need a leader to step up and give 15 quality minutes? Give me Te'o. Need longer minutes with upside? Give me Collins. Hard to take Te'o off one game, so it's gotta be Collins
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:06 pm

FaringdonSwirl wrote:

So if needing to bring in a trade to cover Horse, you'd be looking at a gun rather than a mid ranger? Can't see any cows in that position.

Do you have Capewell? Capewell as emergency 2RF this week and then would move to centres from next.

Faitala-Mariner might be worth a shot at 445k. If he holds his starting spot he’s 200k undervalued

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:06 pm

FaringdonSwirl wrote:

Thanks for this. Horse starts for me and I have no 2RF cover, so I guess he needs to go to EMG, and I'll trade in someone.

See Ese'ese has been mentioned - like him as a DPP too. Plenty of trades left if he doesn't work out. Any other cut price 2RF's worth a look? ~$540k to spend, or could get as much as $785k - just enough for Matterson or Murray.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Edit: Probably better to get a gun, and have horse on the bench as cover in future weeks?

If you have 785k to spend then buy JFH 771k dpp frf/2fr he's playing 80 mins & has scored 66 & 70 the last 2 rounds.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:07 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Haas vs JWH - Two of the top 4 props in the game. JWH wins a match up against just about any other prop in the league, debatably not Klemmer. Advantage Haas
    Lodge vs SST - Another of the top 4 props in the game against a guy that may one guy get there. If we are playing 1 game for my life I'm taking Tauk
    Fifita vs Cordner - 2 years ago give me Cordner. Now he is a shell of the once great player. Fifita is the future, will be scary once he puts it all together
    TPJ vs Crichton - Crichton is another game breaker on the edge and way better suited to that role than TPJ. If this is for a bench spot it's a much closer battle, give me Crichton
    Carrigan vs Radley - Both rep quality locks that bring different things to the table. Victor in an incredibly close one
    Ofa vs Butcher - 18 months ago give me Ofa. Now he has shown the game passed him by and Butcher is continuing to shine. Butcher gets the win
    Glenn vs Aubbo - I love Aubbo as much as the next bloke, but Glenn has been a better player for their entire careers
    Teo vs Collins - Depends on the role you need in the team. Need a leader to step up and give 15 quality minutes? Give me Te'o. Need longer minutes with upside? Give me Collins. Hard to take Te'o off one game, so it's gotta be Collins

Agree with every matchup decision you’ve made. Kinda shocked anyone thinks Lodge > SST
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:09 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Do you have Capewell? Capewell as emergency 2RF this week and then would move to centres from next.

Faitala-Mariner might be worth a shot at 445k. If he holds his starting spot he’s 200k undervalued

This is based on 540k, if you’re going up to 785k have loads of options.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:09 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Agree with every matchup decision you’ve made. Kinda shocked anyone thinks Lodge > SST

Also agree, although I'd probably go Aubbs over Glenn. Glenn is pretty bland. I guess there's not too much in it.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:11 pm

robelgordo wrote:

The only reason I would pick Lodge over SST is because Lodge is the JWH of the team. Gets under the other teams skin, plays a bit dirty but all in all is a good footballer who will give you quality minutes. He is the perfect partner for someone like Payne who just runs his guts out every minute of the game and lets Lodge do the nitty gritty shit.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:12 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Also agree, although I'd probably go Aubbs over Glenn. Glenn is pretty bland. I guess there's not too much in it.

That was the closest one. I think Radley and Carrigan are hard to compare as well.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:12 pm

my tv broke wrote:

At their peaks Glenn was a NZ rep quality player, Aubbs was about 12th bloke in line for a NSW second row jersey. It's a lot closer now, but if you want a pure second rower Glenn is better
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:13 pm

White Lightning wrote:

If you have 785k to spend then buy JFH 771k dpp frf/2fr he's playing 80 mins & has scored 66 & 70 the last 2 rounds.

Yeah agree he looks like a good shout, thanks.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:14 pm

FaringdonSwirl wrote:

Yeah agree he looks like a good shout, thanks.

also a belated Welcome to the forum
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:15 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

The only reason I would pick Lodge over SST is because Lodge is the JWH of the team. Gets under the other teams skin, plays a bit dirty but all in all is a good footballer who will give you quality minutes. He is the perfect partner for someone like Payne who just runs his guts out every minute of the game and lets Lodge do the nitty gritty shit.

If we make a combined pack it looks something like this. Broncos get extra starters based on squad balance with Radley able to play a utility role

8.Haas
    10.JWH
    11.Cordner
    12.Fifita
    13.Carrigan
    14.Radley
    15.Tauk
    16.TPJ
    17.Lodge
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:19 pm

If we make a combined pack it looks something like this. Broncos get extra starters based on squad balance with Radley able to play a utility role

8.Haas
    10.JWH
    11.Cordner
    12.Fifita
    13.Carrigan
    14.Radley
    15.Tauk
    16.TPJ
    17.Lodge

No I have a massive Steve looking at that.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:20 pm

Aardvark wrote:Hanging on that Mann call coming early tomorrow...if he's out he becomes MoFo

I have 751k to spend if he's out & my short-list is:
    C. Murray, Angus, T. Harris, G. Williams, Fotuaika, Radley Flanagan, Macca & R. Robson (ok it's more of a long-list)

I'll probably have to get a half because Paix is starting for me so it comes down to G. Williams & Flanagan although the others look good especially Fotuaika, Radley & R. Robson.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:22 pm

White Lightning wrote:

I have 751k to spend if he's out & my short-list is:
    C. Murray, Angus, T. Harris, G. Williams, Fotuaika, Radley Flanagan, Macca & R. Robson (ok it's more of a long-list)

I'll probably have to get a half because Paix is starting for me so it comes down to G. Williams & Flanagan although the others look good especially Fotuaika, Radley & R. Robson.

I'll be pretty annoyed if he is out because all my trade in targets will have played(DCE, JTurbo, Matterson, Murray). Guess I could take the gamble with George Williams
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:24 pm

I'll be pretty annoyed if he is out because all my trade in targets will have played(DCE, JTurbo, Matterson, Murray). Guess I could take the gamble with George Williams

That's kind of why I just pulled the trigger on Mann to Jake T.

J Trbo a solid 56 without doing too much last night. Of course Mann may match or better that, but odds are against it.

Hopefully a 75+ from Jake is just around the corner.

Last edited by my tv broke on Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:42 am