NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 33 - If Stephen Crichton gets injured this week, I'm going to cry

Drifterspence
    Drifterspence

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 33 - If Stephen Crichton gets injured this week, I'm going to cry - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 33 - If Stephen Crichton gets injured this week, I'm going to cry

Post by Drifterspence Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:02 pm

Has it been mentioned that Bunnies have Titans, Warriors and Bulldogs in the next 4 weeks which should mean points for the likes of Latrell?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 33 - If Stephen Crichton gets injured this week, I'm going to cry - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 33 - If Stephen Crichton gets injured this week, I'm going to cry

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:04 pm

I’d bring in Latrell if I needed a centre this week.

He’s finding form now and is due for a few tries.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:08 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I like it mate but I’d maybe want a week of looking at HTF first.

Agree, but I'm not normally a big risk taker in this game and need to change that up I think.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:10 pm

filthridden wrote:

If Fotu scores 50 then he makes about the same. I make the trade now, I get 15 extra points. I make the trade next week, I get less points and I limit myself to one trade next week.
    Its a gamble as I'm betting Fotu scores well and Mann doesn't but I think its a realistic expectation.

That's true too. Mofo 50 and Mann 40 rise about the same and still a lot to like about Mofo
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:10 pm

Drifterspence wrote:Has it been mentioned that Bunnies have Titans, Warriors and Bulldogs in the next 4 weeks which should mean points for the likes of LatrellCook?

Fixed it for you and yes, yes it does.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:18 pm

Drifterspence wrote:Has it been mentioned that Bunnies have Titans, Warriors and Bulldogs in the next 4 weeks which should mean points for the likes of Latrell?

Have you considered the fact that the Rabbitohs are a bottom 8 team? Match up not as juicy as it would be for Roosters/Melbourne/Raiders
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:19 pm

Loomer wrote:

What do you think of my plan to not get Turbo and just Guler>Best with option of 2nd Wiliame>low be trade (Burton if late switch or Fui or no 2nd trade)

Plus points
    - keep Drinkwater Pap and Mann
    - excellent visibility of team news not committing to trades before late mail
    - either save a trade(19 left) or keep generating cash

Minus points
    - Turbo goes large and costs more
    - Turbo highly owned by top ranks and will lose ground from 80th if Turbo carves up

Flip side of Turbo being in the top teams, if you pass on him and he puts up the dud scores he is capable of, or does his ankle again you're winning.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:22 pm

Tolo + Levi out for Teddy and Ponga? Honestly can't get Best or Latrell with Teddy/Ponga without trading Lucy or Friend - Either way I'm down to 17 trades

*I need 2 backs this week but I can reshuffle to have Ponga Teddy and Pap in my WFB
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:23 pm

Everyone gone cold on Fui? Last start scored 69 and has a career average off 40 when starting second row

An average of 40 will get him 130k+ over three weeks, potentially more pending Sims' return. If he maintains good form he'll keep a bench spot and hopefully keep hitting 30s. Obviously Dragons are unpredictable as a team but Fui has looked good when he's on the park and has his chance now to cement a spot in the 17

Sims was diagnosed as a 4-6 week return. People see his comment online and start freaking out, but seriously it's just a player 'hoping' to be back sooner. I'd rather trust the diagnosis.

Once Fui makes his cash, would be an easy switch to Latrell once he hits some form - or Hoppa, or anyone else who starts showing consistency in CTR

Best has a great BE and been playing well, but his high tackle and metre count are unsustainable. He'll make an easy 100k just by averaging 30s, but you can also save 100k by going Fui instead who also has money making potential by being in 2rf
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:23 pm

Drifterspence wrote:Has it been mentioned that Bunnies have Titans, Warriors and Bulldogs in the next 4 weeks which should mean points for the likes of Latrell?

Ask @Welshy for a thorough rundown.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:26 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I passed on Yeo and Twal for the same reason. I think long term they won't sustain their scoring. I could well be wrong (Yeo possibly the one I'll regret most) but with limited trades and funds sometimes you have to make gut calls on who to pick and who you will overlook

Me too, for the same reasons. I'm pushing the boundaries of reasoning for Best though, because I need a bloody centre. Wouldn't be in the discussion if I didn't need one. But worst case for Best is I have a centre I can play barring injury who is priced at mid 30's who'll probably score mid 30's. Any more is a bonus. And if he happens to put up a couple of 40+ scores in the next three weeks I've made significant quick cash to make for easy trade up to gun. It's a punt.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:31 pm

Cool Runnings wrote:I am stuck on two options really: 40k ITB

Brailey and JMK out (Paix to Half), HTF and Teddy in (WFB = Drink, Pap, Teddy)

Brailey and Williame/Kennedy out, Best and cow in.

I don’t want to watch Teddy go large without him but also feel like I could be missing decent coin and decent scorer of Best.
    Current centres Cape and Lomax

If I had Capewell and Lomax, I would not be touching my centres. No fucking way. HTF and Teddy every day of the week.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:31 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Me too, for the same reasons. I'm pushing the boundaries of reasoning for Best though, because I need a bloody centre. Wouldn't be in the discussion if I didn't need one. But worst case for Best is I have a centre I can play barring injury who is priced at mid 30's who'll probably score mid 30's. Any more is a bonus. And if he happens to put up a couple of 40+ scores in the next three weeks I've made significant quick cash to make for easy trade up to gun. It's a punt.

Super frustrating because Burns plus Capewell in my Centres was set and forget fml
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:35 pm

Rapture_NRL wrote:Tolo + Levi out for Teddy and Ponga? Honestly can't get Best or Latrell with Teddy/Ponga without trading Lucy or Friend - Either way I'm down to 17 trades

*I need 2 backs this week but I can reshuffle to have Ponga Teddy and Pap in my WFB

I mean Lolo is a hold. He might even play this week. Almost certainly back next week, if you held him last week for "1-2" weeks, why wouldn't you hold him for "1" week? By the same token, selling him means getting two guns for one, which is what I did last week. You'll need to decide that one for yourself.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:35 pm

I'm still trying to get my head around the new high scoring, low magic numbers and what good scores are now in each position. Haas has scored 85 two weeks in a row and dropped in price this week. I am thinking for working out pricing of players and setting expectations of future price I will be using a magic number of 13,000.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:39 pm

Shady2K wrote:Everyone gone cold on Fui? Last start scored 69 and has a career average off 40 when starting second row

An average of 40 will get him 130k+ over three weeks, potentially more pending Sims' return. If he maintains good form he'll keep a bench spot and hopefully keep hitting 30s. Obviously Dragons are unpredictable as a team but Fui has looked good when he's on the park and has his chance now to cement a spot in the 17

Sims was diagnosed as a 4-6 week return. People see his comment online and start freaking out, but seriously it's just a player 'hoping' to be back sooner. I'd rather trust the diagnosis.

Once Fui makes his cash, would be an easy switch to Latrell once he hits some form - or Hoppa, or anyone else who starts showing consistency in CTR

Best has a great BE and been playing well, but his high tackle and metre count are unsustainable. He'll make an easy 100k just by averaging 30s, but you can also save 100k by going Fui instead who also has money making potential by being in 2rf

Really good point mate. I was all over Fui until the overwhelming consensus on here that it's too risky. I do prefer Latrell as a set and forget centre but that money making potential + cash that can be used in the ensuing rounds to pick up another gun are tempting. I think if Mann is named I'd rather trade out Drinkwater and bring in Fui instead.

Last edited by ytsb on Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:42 pm

Mulvy wrote:

It depends what Best ends up averaging.

If he gets up to or around 40, you are still getting him cheap now, and 40 is keeper scores for a CTR

If he averages mid to low 30s, then after an initial bump his price will drop down to around what he is now and you probably just want to trade him out getting as close as you can to his peak price as possible (or say fuck it and just count his scores for the long haul)

A good example of BE trading is Kurt Mann.
    He has a low BE due to the 70 2 weeks ago - but that was extremely unusual circumstances (90 minute game where 2 other spine players got injured early) Assuming he is fit and plays, his price is going to stabilise pretty quickly in a few weeks once that big score drops out of his BE calculations. He certainly isn't someone I would trade in due to a low BE.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:45 pm

Milchcow wrote:

It depends what Best ends up averaging.

If he gets up to or around 40, you are still getting him cheap now, and 40 is keeper scores for a CTR

If he averages mid to low 30s, then after an initial bump his price will drop down to around what he is now and you probably just want to trade him out getting as close as you can to his peak price as possible (or say fuck it and just count his scores for the long haul)

Honestly, this is my plan if that happens.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:48 pm

Anyone looking at Musgrove as a Cashout. Starting FRF so not a CTR help and 30k more than Averillo but should make more cash if he holds the spot.
    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

Post by hymenbustas Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:48 pm

Tolo is confirmed playing

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:14 pm