NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 32 - Cleary, Cherry-Evans and Moses discussion inside!

ytsb
    ytsb

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 32 - Cleary, Cherry-Evans and Moses discussion inside! - Page 27 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 32 - Cleary, Cherry-Evans and Moses discussion inside!

Post by ytsb Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:25 am

standard-issue wrote:

Same here mate, bad news for me is I don;t have Byes to rely on to make my usual climb.

Oh well, it is what it is! Just glad to have the footy back. Going to be fun trying to crawl back to the top 1k
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 32 - Cleary, Cherry-Evans and Moses discussion inside! - Page 27 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 32 - Cleary, Cherry-Evans and Moses discussion inside!

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:02 am

quicksand wrote:

Looks like I have moved up there from 198th to 144th. A pretty big jump in one week !
    Well done mate great stuff.
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:48 am

I went for 3k to 40k to 8k to 13k in rankings
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:55 am

Moved up 13 places to 83rd. Best instead of Crichton 2 weeks ago would be 7th Crying or Very sad
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:08 am

Can I have another four trades this round please? Have Brailey and Hughes to upgrade, but also have Mann, Luai and Wiliame
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:24 am

@ RnT - apologies mate I played Wiliame as the 17th man instead of W. Kennedy or Guler. I thought Wiliame would score well but I was wrong. On the good news front Cleary & hopefully Taumalolo will come into your 17 this week.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:26 am

We all going fulltime in our approach to fantasy, whilst it feels like those who run it are going part-time, how is lockout not able to be lifted already.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:38 am

Interesting that RFM is under consideration after seeing some burnt by both Stimson and Britt so far. Fool me three times...
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:42 am

Reminder that when you drop down to 16 trades remaining this week that means 5/21 players you own are guaranteed to be there at the end of the season. Throw in a couple of injuries and it's very easy to be caught short
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:42 am

KingTeddy wrote:

Deserves every bit of it. What type of coach prepares statistics on age averages against the opponents throughout the week. Knew his side was going to get pumped in which they did then he has the audacity to go to the press conference bringing up age comparisons and focus on the other team in 2016. Absolute wanker

I'm not really here to defend Siebold, I'm not sure he has what it takes to get the best out of the Broncos. I'm leaning "no".

I think he's failing a bit in the media just through inexperience. Seems like he wants to be super open and accessible (think this may be a board directive in the "post Bennett" era) and that leads him to give out info like that, which he really should just keep to himself. Every coach in the comp would know the ages of their squad/etc.

That press conference went for 13 mins. Any experienced coach lets that go for no more than 2 to 3 mins. They sit down, say they're embarrassed by the effort, "its not good enough" etc, and get up and walk off after 3 questions. I don't think Siebold knows when to cut the mic.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:44 am

Welshy wrote:DCE, Moses talked about. What about Georgie Williams, probably doesn’t get the bulk KM needed to match but what a player eh

Looks much better suited to this fast format because he hasn't had creativity coached out of him. Got a low score in him for sure due to low base, but if he goes on a hot streak could match the big guns
    Joey Superior
    Joey Superior

Post by Joey Superior Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:44 am

4 rounds in and only 19 trades left, if it ain't keepers or cows i'm not interested.

Injuries are coming left and right and will continue to do so I say.
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:47 am

my tv broke wrote:

I'm not really here to defend Siebold, I'm not sure he has what it takes to get the best out of the Broncos. I'm leaning "no".

I think he's failing a bit in the media just through inexperience. Seems like he wants to be super open and accessible (think this may be a board directive in the "post Bennett" era) and that leads him to give out info like that, which he really should just keep to himself. Every coach in the comp would know the ages of their squad/etc.

That press conference went for 13 mins. Any experienced coach lets that go for no more than 2 to 3 mins. They sit down, say they're embarrassed by the effort, "its not good enough" etc, and get up and walk off after 3 questions. I don't think Siebold knows when to cut the mic.

Hahahah yeah good point. But seriously no other coach would prepare average age stats throughout the week then bring it up as an excuse.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:47 am

standard-issue wrote:

Same here mate, bad news for me is I don;t have Byes to rely on to make my usual climb.

Similar from me with a lot of luck coming from repeated try scorers not in my team.

Looks like this year the climb will be running down those that run out of trades early, but it would be nice to have a top 1000 finish where I'm actually in contention
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:59 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Similar from me with a lot of luck coming from repeated try scorers not in my team.

Looks like this year the climb will be running down those that run out of trades early, but it would be nice to have a top 1000 finish where I'm actually in contention

Yup, no byes makes it hard from here. I'm now a way off the lead group and injuries mean I need to make a bunch of trades still. I've only pocketed two so far.

I'm tempted to punt on Mitchell, but that's what it is, a punt. It would be a make or break move I think.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:15 am

my tv broke wrote:

Yup, no byes makes it hard from here. I'm now a way off the lead group and injuries mean I need to make a bunch of trades still. I've only pocketed two so far.

I'm tempted to punt on Mitchell, but that's what it is, a punt. It would be a make or break move I think.

I'm thinking the same. I need a centre. Short list so far is Mitchell, Capewell, Marsters, Best, Burns, Dalker, Croker, Hoppa, Jorris. It needs to be someone who keeps their role, don't want to burn another fucking trade on them. Out of that list, Latrell, Hoppa, Capewell stand out as guys who don't actually play centre. If a cheapie pops up I'll be tempted again though.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:17 am

Been ramping up the boys fitness training with a potential return with his mates in a few weeks

Been unusually warm over here last few weeks, and he only has one training vest, been trying to find nrl kids singlets for weeks with no dice! But I just found one on eBay.....I thought it was bad enough being a broncos one. In my excitement I purchased without checking properly

on payment receipt have just realised it’s Queensland one.

Fuck have I done.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:19 am

Welshy wrote:Been ramping up the boys fitness training with a potential return with his mates in a few weeks

Been unusually warm over here last few weeks, and he only has one training vest, been trying to find nrl kids singlets for weeks with no dice! But I just found one on eBay.....I thought it was bad enough being a broncos one. In my excitement I purchased without checking properly

Fuck have I done.

Haha good luck explaining that one
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:20 am

Welshy wrote:Been ramping up the boys fitness training with a potential return with his mates in a few weeks

Fuck have I done.

Welshy on board!
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:21 am

Trading a bit harder than usual (some forced) and ranked a bit higher. Conscious of the fact there are no byes this year which is usually when I make up ground and go on a run. Will be interested to see if I get hobbled by injuries or fade late (opposite of what usually happens for me). It’s definitely cat and mouse from here.....I think ditching middies after a shit score will only be possible for so long.
    Going to think hard about Brailey was this week, check his be and everything! 😃

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:57 pm