NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

Post by my tv broke Thu May 21, 2020 3:55 pm

White Lightning wrote:I thought the Broncos were going to keep him around forever as a 1 man club player. The Broncos fans love him so will this go down well.

The club tried to offload him at the end of last year. There wasnt alot of interest.

Hopefully Tesi Niu gets upgraded to the top 30 too. I realise dev list players can play nrl immediately but it would be good to lock him in
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

Post by wolfking Thu May 21, 2020 4:03 pm

White Lightning wrote:I thought the Broncos were going to keep him around forever as a 1 man club player. The Broncos fans love him so will this go down well.

I think the way it was going it was clear Seibold wanted to move away from him.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu May 21, 2020 4:04 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Speaking of re-asking questions.

How do people think coaches will handle not having match fit reserve graders to call on? Will we see more rotation then usual to make sure that everyone in their squad is getting game time.

If teams use the same 17 every week, could hurt them if they get a couple of injuries in the lead up to finals.

One thing is for sure, it's going to be the toughest rugby league season to win in a long time.

18 weeks straight of football, plus finals. Followed by 3 straight weeks of Origin with 7 day turn around

What I would do as a coach:

- First 5-7 weeks try to be full strength as much as possible. Use this time to gauge how good your team actually is and if you are finals shot
    - Try to give players with 1 week niggles a rest rather than needling them up. It's going to be a long season, where possible you want fit and healthy players for the important games
    - Rotate positions you have depth in. Roosters as an example with see Ikuvalu and Hall spend time in first grade resting the outside backs.
    - Give the important players less minutes once games are over. If you are up/down 20 points with 20 minutes to go it's very unlikely you will come back. Bringing off your big minute middle forwards to save them for another day could do wonders at the back end of the year
    - Once finals are sown up start giving important players the entire game off. This season it's much more important to be fresh than to play at "home" with no crowds
    - Try to organise opposed sessions with your reserve graders against other teams. NRL will make some allowances in this space.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu May 21, 2020 4:07 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

One thing is for sure, it's going to be the toughest rugby league season to win in a long time.

18 weeks straight of football, plus finals. Followed by 3 straight weeks of Origin with 7 day turn around

What I would do as a coach:

- First 5-7 weeks try to be full strength as much as possible. Use this time to gauge how good your team actually is and if you are finals shot
    - Try to give players with 1 week niggles a rest rather than needling them up. It's going to be a long season, where possible you want fit and healthy players for the important games
    - Rotate positions you have depth in. Roosters as an example with see Ikuvalu and Hall spend time in first grade resting the outside backs.
    - Give the important players less minutes once games are over. If you are up/down 20 points with 20 minutes to go it's very unlikely you will come back. Bringing off your big minute middle forwards to save them for another day could do wonders at the back end of the year
    - Once finals are sown up start giving important players the entire game off. This season it's much more important to be fresh than to play at "home" with no crowds
    - Try to organise opposed sessions with your reserve graders against other teams. NRL will make some allowances in this space.

All of these points spell torture for us fantasy coaches.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu May 21, 2020 4:07 pm

Not the Broncos fans I know
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Thu May 21, 2020 4:19 pm

I'm a bit conflicted on the Macca news, definitely didn't see it coming personally. He has been very good for us over the years and we always struggled when he was out, but the last couple of seasons he has slowed down significantly.

Good luck to him, hope he does well and can lock down the starting role at Newcastle.
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Thu May 21, 2020 4:48 pm

my tv broke wrote:

that's hilarious

does obrien want an 80 minute hooker.. ? macca is 591k ..

Sorry a bit late to the party but seriously Knights, why are you buying a one dimensional ageing hooker. Don't know the inner cash figures of the deal, but looks like the Broncos got the good end of the bargain here offloading a relatively high player off their cap that was not contributing to his figure. Also great news for Turpin who looks twice as good and gives so so much more than Macca.

Thanks for the time at the Broncs Mac, but it is now Turpin time. (also great news for Milford sniffing around the the shoulders of a running dummy half.

Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu May 21, 2020 5:02 pm

WT2K wrote:

Take a punt of McCullough 🤔

McCullough is the NRLF equivalent of a Corolla. Does a job, Holds value, never flashy but keeps going so it’s hard to justify trading it out.

Don’t do it...
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu May 21, 2020 5:05 pm

Broncos are going to rotate players https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/21/unique-draw-prompts-seibold-to-rotate-players-in-catch-22-situation/

Once back to a full squad, their forwards depth probably allows them the ability to do that more than many other clubs can
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Thu May 21, 2020 5:07 pm

Updated team:

Api

Haas Carrigan

Lolo Leilua Katoa

Moses DCE

Shiba Aubo

Teddy Lilpapi Drinky

Brailey, Rudolf, Luai, Grant

JTB, Wiliame, Walters, 228k (gonna be fogarty once he gets added)

60k ITB

Trades: Williams to Grant, Fifita to DCE, Kennedy to Fogarty, Levi to Teddy

Thoughts on the team? Only problem I see is the bench but it should be able to hold up (btw I play h2h not really worried about overall rank)
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Thu May 21, 2020 5:16 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Not the Broncos fans I know

Yep I don't know any fellow Broncos fans that rate him. Maybe like him as a nice bloke, but not as a footy player and definitely not as a key position player that is going to take you to a premiership.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 21, 2020 5:17 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:

Yep I don't know any fellow Broncos fans that rate him. Maybe like him as a nice bloke, but not as a footy player and definitely not as a key position player that is going to take you to a premiership.

Seems like hes a great clubman, but yeah, his footy hasnt been good enough for years.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Thu May 21, 2020 5:18 pm

mattnz wrote:Dragons have a dream draw for the restart:
    Warriors
    Bulldogs
    Sharks
    Titans

Do we expect McInnes to get 80 minutes straight away? Massive POD that I haven't seen anyone looking at here for the restart.

Wow I’m looking seriously at Frizell now the Tevaga move is foiled
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Thu May 21, 2020 5:18 pm

whats this chat on Fogarty? Can someone fill me in why he is fantasy relevant. Is this the Titans bloke?
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Thu May 21, 2020 5:20 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Seems like hes a great clubman, but yeah, his footy hasnt been good enough for years.

He reminds me of a 80's/90's era hooker. Just get the ball out of the ruck with a serviceable pass to your halves + tackle a lot.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu May 21, 2020 5:21 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:whats this chat on Fogarty? Can someone fill me in why he is fantasy relevant. Is this the Titans bloke?
    Titans half, dominated in QLD Cup last season. With Brimson out they are moving Roberts to fullback and playing Fogarty at half.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 21, 2020 5:22 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:whats this chat on Fogarty? Can someone fill me in why he is fantasy relevant. Is this the Titans bloke?

I posted a bit about him ealrier today. Has averaged around 50pts a game for last four years in Q Cup. Scores alot of tries there though,and goal kicks.Averages about 20 tackles a game and 200 to 250 kick metres

Holbrook sees him as an organising half to free up Taylor. Im not really sure what that means because ive never seen much of a running game from Taylor.

Hes been a Q Cup star for a few years.. whether that translates to a bad NRL side.. who knows. Potential is certainly there.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 21, 2020 5:23 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:

He reminds me of a 80's/90's era hooker. Just get the ball out of the ruck with a serviceable pass to your halves + tackle a lot.

Yup. Problem is his service is terrible. If he could throw a pass id have no issue with him
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Thu May 21, 2020 5:24 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I posted a bit about him ealrier today. Has averaged around 50pts a game for last four years in Q Cup. Scores alot of tries there though,and goal kicks.Averages about 20 tackles a game and 200 to 250 kick metres

Holbrook sees him as an organising half to free up Taylor. Im not really sure what that means because ive never seen much of a running game from Taylor.

Hes been a Q Cup star for a few years.. whether that translates to a bad NRL side.. who knows. Potential is certainly there.

Can he have 'half/centre' status please
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu May 21, 2020 5:55 pm

Quick reality check. There is a difference between a player looking for a better opportunity because the team is shit and a player looking for an opportunity because they 're shit.

Hi I'm McCullough

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:16 pm