NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 18 - Ditch the duds thread

StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 18  - Ditch the duds thread - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 18 - Ditch the duds thread

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:56 am

Just looking at Musgrove...26 minutes isn't that bad but it looks like he came on at a shit time. He had 9 tackles, 2 missed, 1 offload and 69 metres... Looks like this period of the game Tigers may have been doing a lot of attacking, or he is lazy and only made 9 tackles in 26 minutes.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 18  - Ditch the duds thread - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 18 - Ditch the duds thread

Post by robelgordo Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:56 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Well I would decide out of Guler/Flegler/Katoa who gets a spot in my 14-17

I dunno it feels like if I’m playing Guler I may as well just play JTB. Whereas Flegler seems like a points upgrade. Maybe I’ll go Hors instead - but seems like 100k more for similar output and potentially same job security issues?

This game was a lot easier last year starting with a terrible team instead of just a bad one hahahah
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:59 am

Dttragic2016 wrote:

mate I'm doing the opposite! started my vego and sober diet from last thursday after a few loose months over summer.
    aiming to stick to this diet for atleast 6 weeks. should be able to knock off around 10 kilos - finally back to my pre-wedding weight!!

only positive about being at home and going nuts haha
    I'm mean kudos for doing it, but now is NOT the time i want to try give up booze for a bit. I'll take the kilos, just keep the beer and wine coming.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:00 am

So apparently Jayden Okunbur is immune to Covid-19.
    Turns out he's more likely to catch Covid-16 or Covid-17.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:01 am

Archer wrote:
    I'm mean kudos for doing it, but now is NOT the time i want to try give up booze for a bit. I'll take the kilos, just keep the beer and wine coming.

SERIOUS NOTE: Alcohol can weaken the immune system.

ALSO SERIOUS NOTE: No fucking way I am giving up my drink.
    Cool Runnings
    Cool Runnings

Post by Cool Runnings Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:01 am

I see a few people looking to trade out Williams - I’m assuming Jack Williams?

Why are said people getting rid of Jack? I have him but I’m keeping!
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:02 am

Milchcow wrote:

Wait until the food runs out and you are forced to eat a mix of cloves, Tom Collins mix and frozen pie crust
    Why would i wait till then, throw in a coffee and thats breakfast.
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:03 am

Really not sure what to do but basically am very limited by only $5K bank.
    Problems are:

Bench - Ese'ese

NPR - Musgrove

CTR - Wiliame

FLB - Aekins

No CTR/FLB cover on bench. Happy to sit on Musgrove and Wiliame because they are base price and will jag one good score at some stage. Minutes will come for Musgrove.

So was thinking:

Ese'ese to Horsburgh
    Aekins to Fuimoano moving Wiliame to Fullback.

Gain a short term keeper for at least 4 weeks and a good score (hopefully) for 1 week. Reassess next week as NRL may be postponed anyway.

Any help would be great.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:03 am

robelgordo wrote:

I dunno it feels like if I’m playing Guler I may as well just play JTB. Whereas Flegler seems like a points upgrade. Maybe I’ll go Hors instead - but seems like 100k more for similar output and potentially same job security issues?

This game was a lot easier last year starting with a terrible team instead of just a bad one hahahah

Flegler JS ain't red hot either. Every year 1 or 2 players bursts on to the scene and goes from bench player to bonafide starter and I just have this feeling Guler becomes that person. I know I didn't start with him but he wasn't really on my radar. He got more minutes than their starting prop and his performance won't go unnoted. I guess same could be said with Flegler but they still have Ofa and Lodge due back both in the next 3-4 weeks. Guler has who to come back? Sutton is back but he is a plodder and cant even make the 17 this week. Bateman will come back but Horse and Tapine will just share lock rolls?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:03 am

Pookus McFly wrote:why are people so down on Wiliame? I didn’t think he was that bad at all. He didn’t get the high score this week but he is an outside back and slow games do happen. He will certainly get in on the tries and kick start his price rises before long. Just reminds me of Sivo last year when everybody takes one look at a back and says “nope, he didn’t score a try, he’s out!”

I assume people worried Duffy stays and he gets bumped when Ravalawa back
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:03 am

filthridden wrote:

SERIOUS NOTE: Alcohol can weaken the immune system.

ALSO SERIOUS NOTE: No fucking way I am giving up my drink.
    I'm not their biggest fan but it sounds like you're telling me to drink mimosa's? Or add an extra slice of lime to my G&T/Bourbon?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:05 am

Cool Runnings wrote:I see a few people looking to trade out Williams - I’m assuming Jack Williams?

Was out of my final drafts when saw scores not great similar role last season bar scoring a try but ended up keeping
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:06 am

Milchcow wrote:

Wait until the food runs out and you are forced to eat a mix of cloves, Tom Collins mix and frozen pie crust

lol!
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:09 am

Archer wrote:
    I'm not their biggest fan but it sounds like you're telling me to drink mimosa's? Or add an extra slice of lime to my G&T/Bourbon?

I think we need to take the situation more seriously given what you've just written. No one puts slices of lime in, always a wedge.
    I'm concerned about you, mate.

also, lime into bourbon and coke is a treat. Don't see it often. Your stocks just went up in my book. Maybe that evens things out.
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:09 am

Cool Runnings wrote:I see a few people looking to trade out Williams - I’m assuming Jack Williams?

I am flicking Williams to pay for Aekins upgrade. Williams to Guler (-6 BE) allows me to get Drinkwater for Aekins, and free up and generate some cash.

My other players are more likely potential Guns or money Makers (barring Stimson) who I don't get enough money from.

So, it is a team by team assessment and for me he makes way. Only other players who are above 400k are;
    Koro, Friend, Brailey, Haas, Knight, Carrigan, Lucy, DFifi, Cleary, Moses and Pap and I'm not moving any of them. Williams is the weakest link, and you know what that means.

While we are here I probably say the following Cool Runnings quotes once a month:
    "How did it go!? How did it go!? It went like this..."
    "I am feeling very Olympic today"
    "Zanka man, ya dead?"
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:12 am

Which option do you like:
    (a) Stimson out - E. Katoa in or
    (b) Stimson out - Guler in or
    (c) make no trade, put Stimson in npr's & put JTB into the starting 17 from npr's

Cheers.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:12 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Flegler JS ain't red hot either. Every year 1 or 2 players bursts on to the scene and goes from bench player to bonafide starter and I just have this feeling Guler becomes that person. I know I didn't start with him but he wasn't really on my radar. He got more minutes than their starting prop and his performance won't go unnoted. I guess same could be said with Flegler but they still have Ofa and Lodge due back both in the next 3-4 weeks. Guler has who to come back? Sutton is back but he is a plodder and cant even make the 17 this week. Bateman will come back but Horse and Tapine will just share lock rolls?
    Could be true, Guler has talent and a play-style to suit fantasy scoring, but not sure that assessment of our team is quite right. Bateman back in pushes one of Hors and Tapine into lock and the other to FR. The one going to FR MAY spend a little bit of time at lock also, but then that depends on whether we've included someone like Havili on the bench. Sutton being out this week doesn't say a lot to me, I'm sure i remember him going from being out one week to being named at starting FR or lock the next. Also, as much of a dickhead as he tends to be, there is Hudson-Young due back in a few weeks also which adds to the complication in that pack. I'm not saying you're wrong, Emre is highly rated and I hope he does get some decent minutes because i like the look of him, just giving you more information to work with i guess.
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:14 am

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:

I am flicking Williams to pay for Aekins upgrade. Williams to Guler (-6 BE) allows me to get Drinkwater for Aekins, and free up and generate some cash.

My other players are more likely potential Guns or money Makers (barring Stimson) who I don't get enough money from.

So, it is a team by team assessment and for me he makes way. Only other players who are above 400k are;
    Koro, Friend, Brailey, Haas, Knight, Carrigan, Lucy, DFifi, Cleary, Moses and Pap and I'm not moving any of them. Williams is the weakest link, and you know what that means.

While we are here I probably say the following Cool Runnings quotes once a month:
    "How did it go!? How did it go!? It went like this..."
    "I am feeling very Olympic today"
    "Zanka man, ya dead?"

Out of Williams and Friend, I would hold Williams. Will make more money. Can't wait to see Williams bounce back this week with a Carrigan score of 52.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:16 am

White Lightning wrote:Which option do you like:
    (c) make no trade, put Stimson in npr's & put JTB into the starting 17 from npr's

Cheers.

Option (a) if you are of the belief the season lasts all year. Option (b) if you want some quick cash gen

I am getting both in... Contemplating on Guler v Flegler but
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:16 am

White Lightning wrote:Which option do you like:

Cheers.

A ... a cheap 2RF is better than a cheap FRF. Also cash generation is one of the main priorities now. Katoa looks like the best option

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:14 pm