NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Writing about footy

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Writing about footy Empty Writing about footy

Post by robelgordo Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:02 am

This is mostly a shameless plug.

I’ve written a few things on my personal blog over the years about sport, so they have an audience of a few dozen (except for one that went viral on a Steelers FB page). Then a few months ago I decided to submit something to The Roar.

I was worried about whether it would be accepted, clearly forgetting its free content. It was posted within one hour with some minor format changes.

Then the other day I made submission #2, and #1 about NRL: https://www.theroar.com.au/2020/02/29/the-canberra-raiders-are-the-real-nrl-champions-heres-why/

Judging by the comments, it’s fair to say it mostly missed the mark. Or that I found a few RL marks.

Anyway the non-shameless part is that I’d love to read anyone elses far more accomplished writing, blogs etc. on NRL. Link away!

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Writing about footy Empty Re: Writing about footy

Post by No Worries Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:12 am

robelgordo wrote:This is mostly a shameless plug.

I’ve written a few things on my personal blog over the years about sport, so they have an audience of a few dozen (except for one that went viral on a Steelers FB page). Then a few months ago I decided to submit something to The Roar.

I was worried about whether it would be accepted, clearly forgetting its free content. It was posted within one hour with some minor format changes.

Then the other day I made submission #2, and #1 about NRL: https://www.theroar.com.au/2020/02/29/the-canberra-raiders-are-the-real-nrl-champions-heres-why/

Judging by the comments, it’s fair to say it mostly missed the mark. Or that I found a few RL marks.

Anyway the non-shameless part is that I’d love to read anyone elses far more accomplished writing, blogs etc. on NRL. Link away!

There is one poster who comes to mind :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll:

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:52 pm