NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 4

The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 4 - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 4

Post by The Goat Boys Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:31 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Liam Knight is still a good shout I reckon if you think he will get 50mins which could happen especially if we get an injury or 2 in our pack he could even get closer to 55mins.

If Knight gets 50mins going off a 0.93ppm last year he’d get around 46-47 points a game, now that is  an increase of 7-8 points on his current price and also he plays round 12 if you hold him that long.

He’s going  to be more of an enforcer for us without Sam and I think he will only get better and bust more tackles and get more tackle breaks. Knight may even go closer 1ppm as well.

Taukaieho averaged 44.9 last season and is priced at 47 and Robbo likes 4 forwards off the bench generally so I don’t see any upside in him and I think he won’t average 50.

I reckon Knight will get up to around the same price Tauk is after say 6 weeks.

Re Fotuaika he seems to score better I’ve noticed when coming off the interchange. When he starts he doesn’t score quite as well from the analysis I did. I think just by a small margin that Knight is the better pick.

What you have to look at though is who you think is going to be on their bench. If verrills is on ther he gets over 50 minutes maybe over 60 when he gets those minutes you can look at the stats averages about 55
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:31 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    He’d wanna have improved his defence, last time I saw him play in first grade he was a missed tackle making machine.

8 missed tackles in 32 minutes vs Canberra last season.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:43 pm

Interesting stats for those concerned about Verrills taking minutes off Friend. On the 3 occasions that he was actually on the interchange last season, he only played 7, 18 and 11 minutes.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:57 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I won’t be starting with Cook as I wanna see how he scores first behind a team that has lost lots of grunt in our pack Souths are gonna have to play a bit differently surely and how that affects Cook’s scoring I have no idea.

If Carrigan gets 40mins he’s only gonna average 35 which is 5 points above his price currently.

I really want Carrigan too but I have just pencilled Knight back in to partner Haas. I think this coming season Knight will go to another level and his PPM is really really good so as I said above if he gets 50mins which is definitely possible he should average around 47 which is 8 points units above his starting price.

No Fifita in your team? David Fifita if he gets 60mins should average around 53 I reckon and be a keeper. You think he’s gonna get less than those 60mins?

No knock on Fifita. Had him originally.

Just don’t want 3 broncos forwards so reshuffled to turn Fifita into Tlolo. He’s like a big warm cozy blankie
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:00 pm

Shanbon wrote:Surely we can knock a heap of tackles made off the Souths players this year, no Surgess or Gurgess means 10 less errors and penalties to defend. Wink

Actually Turgess missed only 1.8 tackles per game last season, and would have been far less if not for an outlier game with 7 MT.

They had a bad season or two holding on to the pill a couple years ago, but I think mostly because they look alike they got lumped together for handling errors so that it seemed like they were making more than the sum of their parts
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:02 pm

Sorry. No idea what happened to my question so I’ll try again. In an attempt to go Payneless this is the best I could come up with.
    A) Haas and Matto or
    B) Lolo and Tapau
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:24 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:Sorry. No idea what happened to my question so I’ll try again. In an attempt to go Payneless this is the best I could come up with.
    A) Haas and Matto or
    B) Lolo and Tapau

A for me Mr Fiasco. Haas for captaincy and matterson for potential upside. Don’t see any upside in taupau but I guess he does give you a front row keeper and solve a headache
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:27 pm

Sorry, I have no idea how to reply individually, so thanks to all!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:50 pm

mattnz wrote:Interesting stats for those concerned about Verrills taking minutes off Friend. On the 3 occasions that he was actually on the interchange last season, he only played 7, 18 and 11 minutes.

In those 3 games, the starting hooker (Radley in all 3) played 79, 62 and 77 minutes. So only once was it a straight interchange between hookers

Also none of those were with Friend as starting hooker.
    Friend only started 4 games, but Verrills didn't make the bench on any of them
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:59 pm

Thoughts on Ramien vs Burns for gun centres? I've been on Burns for a while but Ramien looks like he could be seriously good outside SJ on that Sharks right edge, he's the kind of guy to get shit tons of TBs with good quality ball
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:04 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:Sorry. No idea what happened to my question so I’ll try again. In an attempt to go Payneless this is the best I could come up with.
    A) Haas and Matto or
    B) Lolo and Tapau

Tough, i like Taupau getting a chance to go huge the opening few weeks but once AFB and Jurbo are back he could be inconsistent again. What about Fifita? Otherwise why matterson? He seems priced appropriately and you could find value in the 2RF and pocket some cash to spread elsewhere.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:07 pm

Bethany_B wrote:Thoughts on Ramien vs Burns for gun centres? I've been on Burns for a while but Ramien looks like he could be seriously good outside SJ on that Sharks right edge, he's the kind of guy to get shit tons of TBs with good quality ball

Both of them are wait-and-sees. Either could be amongst the best centres without going up too much in price. I was a big booster of Burns before last season, but that was when he was cheap and had DPP. 

Seems to be assumption he's going to be a gun but without that much to back it up and with the downside that he's an injury trap. I'd still predict that the best scoring centres (at the moment, without certain ctr/2rf options) will be Mitchell and Xerri (think of his ceiling if he's learnt to catch) and if you want a set and forget gun then find the coin for one of them, otherwise go cheap.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:08 pm

Bethany_B wrote:Thoughts on Ramien vs Burns for gun centres? I've been on Burns for a while but Ramien looks like he could be seriously good outside SJ on that Sharks right edge, he's the kind of guy to get shit tons of TBs with good quality ball

If you really want a gun, I would favour Burns personally. Both should average around the same I would think, but Burns should be a little more consistent while I think Ramien will have the odd 20 point games in him and bust out 70 on occasion.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:22 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    He’d wanna have improved his defence, last time I saw him play in first grade he was a missed tackle making machine.

He'll fit right in at The Warriors then!
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:08 am

castlecrag sweethearts wrote:

Mikaele priced at 26 - Predicted to start. In games where he gets around 40 minutes averages around 40. Bit of a risk but one of the best value options there I have seen

Carrigan priced at 30. - Predicted to start at Lock. In games where he gets around 40 minutes averaged slightly over 40.

I will re-assess after the trials and TLT but this is the best value in FRF I could find.

Much much better value than Best and arguably better than Lomax.

How are you going to be able to tell how many minutes they will play based on team lists? Last year in 4/5 games as a start Mikaele had one stint and didn't come back on. 32 minutes or less for scores of 23, 22, 19 and 16?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:38 am

Still not getting the Brimson love. Yes he has scored well in limited stints at fullback before. Yes he has the ability to score a few long range tries. I see him as a less dominant Ben Barba type at fullback peaking around 36-37 average in the worst team in the comp. I don't see that as an auto pick that most are
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:42 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

Yeah, because what choice did they have?
    But Croft, unlike everyone else in the Broncos, can actually kick.
    Maybe Milford still wants to take some of those long kicks when his team is on the backfoot. No biggy, I’ll swap Croft out for a Brimson or C.S’s main squeeze Hughes. Or maybe the game plan will be simplified to help Milford focus on running the ball: Croft kicks, Milford runs. Then Croft will stay. I believe it is why they chased Croft in the first place. That is a Seibold gameplan if I ever heard one.

I think Seibold having Reynolds doing all the kicking with Walker running the ball was not based on game plan but based on talent. Reynolds has the best kicking game in the competition and it's not particularly close for second place. Croft and Milford are much closer to the middle of the pack (take your pick of Reynolds, DCE, Moses, Cleary, Marshall, fit Blake Green for those ahead of him) so I see them as more likely to be splitting kick metres and both not being fantasy relevant
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:48 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Still not getting the Brimson love. Yes he has scored well in limited stints at fullback before. Yes he has the ability to score a few long range tries. I see him as a less dominant Ben Barba type at fullback peaking around 36-37 average in the worst team in the comp. I don't see that as an auto pick that most are

He is priced a 32. He's played 80 minutes at fullback 12 times. In only 2 of those 10 did he scores less than his priced average.

Sure he might just end up another Dylan Edwards, but the signs suggest he'll be a good buy now that he should be a permanent starter
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:48 am

mattnz wrote:Who gets Tetevanos minutes this season at Roosters - Tupouniua?

4th bench spot will be rotated between Collins, Tupouniua, Faamausili, occasionally Verrills and even a chance at debut from Egan Butcher.

Roosters pack is very top heavy with most of the top 30 depth in the backs. I doubt any player will lock down the 4th spot with it being heavily match up based. Tupouniua the most talented of the bunch
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:54 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I won’t be starting with Cook as I wanna see how he scores first behind a team that has lost lots of grunt in our pack Souths are gonna have to play a bit differently surely and how that affects Cook’s scoring I have no idea.

The idea that Cook won't scores as well behind that pack is laughable. Most of his big plays come off the back of Murray having the quickest play the ball in the comp and getting to go at a retreating defense. Last I checked Murray is still going to be an integral part of the team

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:21 am