NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 85

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 85 - Page 52 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 85

Post by No Worries Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:46 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Have heard a lot of off-season chat that Dearden is the preferred halves partner?

^^^ This is why asked about Milf to 1.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:25 am

Milford will have to do a lot of work in pre season to be in condition for f/b. I know he made the move mid season but his fitness/injuries were limiting him. He's not the young buck he once was. For one he'll have to lose weight.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:38 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Have heard a lot of off-season chat that Dearden is the preferred halves partner?

I haven't seen much of that. He's only 18, no need to push him at this stage.

Lockyer said - "We've got big things for Tom Dearden," he said. "He's 18, he's still learning. He'll be part of the mix there as well and he's another option. "But he's a good kid with a great attitude, so he'll be around the place."

To me that just means he will start of the season in ressies, which I think will be good for him.

I think Croft is a smart play. He's cheap and he may work out. He may not, too. We can't have all our eggs in one basket (ie Dearden becoming an overnight success), and Paix is also super young.

Croft's job will be controlling our sets and letting Milford play more off the cuff.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:47 am

robelgordo wrote:

The Broncos have a 30 player squad without Croft, so who is being cut or dealt away?

Don't know. Most of the guys on our list have either been recently re-signed, or upgraded to (cheap) full time deals (eg farnsworth, vudogo, coates, etc etc). We have a stupid number of cheap backs, kinda poor roster management...

*tin foil hat time* I can't see Macca or Boyd in ANY of the pre season photos/videos that have been posted lately, and there are some photos/videos where you can spot every player in the session. Everyone else is accounted for, other than the guys that played rep footy and are on their breaks now.

I honestly think Boyd is retiring but that is just gut feel.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:56 am

my tv broke wrote:

Don't know. Most of the guys on our list have either been recently re-signed, or upgraded to (cheap) full time deals (eg farnsworth, vudogo, coates, etc etc). We have a stupid number of cheap backs, kinda poor roster management...

*tin foil hat time* I can't see Macca or Boyd in ANY of the pre season photos/videos that have been posted lately, and there are some photos/videos where you can spot every player in the session. Everyone else is accounted for, other than the guys that played rep footy and are on their breaks now.

I honestly think Boyd is retiring but that is just gut feel.

Boyd retiring or Macca moving on would make sense. The other one might be offloading Bird somehow?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:29 am

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:51 am