NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 84

MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 84 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 84

Post by MilfordTheMagician Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:47 am

I hope Seibold doesn't continue playing Haas for 80 next year. I highly doubt he will because he stated this week Payne is best used 30 first half 30 second half but he was very tired last week and you could tell. I'd rather 60 minutes from him not tired than 80 and tired.

He's still a kid and even though his motor is huge, he's still a kid. I understand why Seibold did it last week and maybe this week, too, since we've got a light bench, just hope it doesn't keep happening.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:48 am

I always considered league as great form of therapy. If you are pissed off about anything then go out & smash someone on the field & the problem is gone. Before a game I would intentionally pick a verbal fight with my wife so by the time I got on the field I was so pissed off I'd be right in the thick of it. Good times.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:54 am

White Lightning wrote:Lets face it league is the most combative game. It's like a war & the goal is to hurt & bloody up the opposition so he goes off. I don't mean illegally but playing hard & fair. My father always told me make your first tackle your best tackle & absolutely smash the ball runner because they will not want to run at you again. By the way my father was an outstanding sportsman...he played rugby for Ponsonby & Auckland at 1st 58th. In his mid twenties he played league for the Point Chevaliar Pirates who at that time was litered with Kiwi reps especially the forwards & he played inside ctr & actually just missed out on the Kiwi tour of Brittain. He was also one of the top junior road cyclists & won many titles. Then as he told me he married my mother & that was the end of his sporting career.

I was kinda the opposite when I played, my goal was to frustrate the opposition into doing something stupid/illegal. I must've had such a shit eating grin when I saw guys getting angry at me. To be fair I didn't play league for long though as I got pretty sick of getting smashed by guys twice my size, being a skinny white kid!

Never played union myself and I don't want to give much detail but I've got family who were/are involved in the ponies for many years. Always seemed like a great club to be a part of and they have been incredibly successful.
    Your Dad sounds like he was a pretty talented sportsman!
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:05 pm

filthridden wrote:

I was kinda the opposite when I played, my goal was to frustrate the opposition into doing something stupid/illegal. I must've had such a shit eating grin when I saw guys getting angry at me. To be fair I didn't play league for long though as I got pretty sick of getting smashed by guys twice my size, being a skinny white kid!

Never played union myself and I don't want to give much detail but I've got family who were/are involved in the ponies for many years. Always seemed like a great club to be a part of and they have been incredibly successful.

I played a tonne of footy from when I was 8 up until I was about 18. I fucking loved the sport and still wish I played. I played pretty much everywhere but fullback, although I mainly played my best footy at second row or centre. My main reason for switching was due to the fact there were legit Giants on the field I was getting smashed by and although I loved the contact I just found it a little unfair as I was late to the whole Puberty party and my growth spurt. I played basketball when I was about 10 and then went back to basketball after footy and I must say I must be a prick on the court. I love getting in guys heads and making them angry. When I am defending someone I love talking shit to them and giving them a bad time. I am thinking of getting back into footy though because I miss the competitiveness and I miss playing the sport I love.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:08 pm

filthridden wrote:

He was & I actually inherited his sporting genes & I could play any sport really well but in my youth but I just pissed it all away just getting wasted. There were some demons I was dealing with re something very taumatic that happened to me when I was about 9 so I just spent about 30-35 years trying to shut down the voices in my head & alcohol & drugs did the trick.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:12 pm

filthridden wrote:

I love the whole dad thing Very Happy

I am originally from VIC and my dad played AFL. He always shows me all these newspaper articles about him kicking 11 goals in the 1 game and always said he was a fucking champion full forward. My nanny would always praise him so much. He is a one eyed magpies supporter and absolutely hates Geelong and says he was playing in Collingwoods reserve team when Geelong called and asked if he wanted to play for them at VFL level (back before it was called AFL) and dad hated them that much he said no..... then he got married had kids and end of his career.

My father in law is the same. He is from a country town in South West QLD called Cunnamulla. He was in all sorts of papers back then and he played for QLD under 18's and showing me a list of all these players he used to play with who are now NRL legends (none I have heard of though) when he was 16 years old. He shown me a grade 7 photo of him at school and he was 6 foot tall and had a face full of hair! Apparently he was on the road to the NRL and was actually trying out for a number of clubs. Him and my Mother in law had kids when they were 17 and he needed a job to put food on the table and that was pretty much the end of his career.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:25 pm

Yeah my dad was born in 1929 & like a lot of you our fathers & mothers had it very tough but they never gave up & did whatever it took to feed/clothe their family. We always say how tough it is today but it was nothing compared to what our parents went through growing up. If they wanted something they had to work theirs butts off to get it.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:28 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:I hope Seibold doesn't continue playing Haas for 80 next year. I highly doubt he will because he stated this week Payne is best used 30 first half 30 second half but he was very tired last week and you could tell. I'd rather 60 minutes from him not tired than 80 and tired.

He's still a kid and even though his motor is huge, he's still a kid. I understand why Seibold did it last week and maybe this week, too, since we've got a light bench, just hope it doesn't keep happening.

Id be really surprised if he plays 80 again this week. Last week was critical to our season and ofa/tpj were out.

Despite them both being out this week as well, i think haas will get a bit of a break.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:34 pm

well that was fucking predictable, grade 2 dangerous for completing a tackle, grade 1 careless for a swinging arm into a player's head Rolling Eyes
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:37 pm

White Lightning wrote:Yeah my dad was born in 1929 & like a lot of you our fathers & mothers had it very tough but they never gave up & did whatever it took to feed/clothe their family. We always say how tough it is today but it was nothing compared to what our parents went through growing up. If they wanted something they had to work theirs butts off to get it.

Yeah I remember the first time my Dad mentioned that he had to get water by pumping it out of a well out the back of the house.
    My parents grew up in poverty and worked their asses off so that me and my brother didn't. Always grateful for that.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:43 pm

surmo13 wrote:well that was fucking predictable, grade 2 dangerous for completing a tackle, grade 1 careless for a swinging arm into a player's head Rolling Eyes

Crushers always going to get targeted by MRC, though I thought JWH should have been charged with dangerous contact to head/neck

Officially, MRC rulings for last night are 1 week for both Surgess (contrary conduct for hair pull on Billy Smith) & JWH (swinging arm) regardless of early plea

Post by Guest Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:46 pm

Think there's one or two Farah owners on here. Decision been made but will need to wait until final 17 is named.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:36 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Id be really surprised if he plays 80 again this week. Last week was critical to our season and ofa/tpj were out.

Despite them both being out this week as well, i think haas will get a bit of a break.

He won't play 80 this week, but it's still a critical game. I thought if they lose yet the Tigers and Sharks game was a draw then Broncos miss out? I mean, chances of that are next to nil, but they would want to win to make sure they are secure.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:00 pm

WT2K wrote:Think there's one or two Farah owners on here. Decision been made but will need to wait until final 17 is named.

Madges wording in the presser was a bit cryptic. Seemed to suggest farah isnt playing. But could be mind games.. lol love a rugby league mind game
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:30 pm

I think Brodie Croft can do with another rest this weekend

(just in case you're reading this post Craig)
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:34 pm

Have to run the gauntlet with jacob saifiti in the loop, hoping he doesn't  come into the 17
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:21 pm

Injuries meant su’a coming into my side this week for my H2H GFs and last round of overall. I’m naturally devastated as my main opponent I want to beat has brought in and captained pappy for mcinness and was able to trade Bateman

Depression sets in before The legend goes and gets himself a 55! If Brahman best can manage a decent score the movie about this rags to riches story will be out next Boxing Day and rabbit will be playing me in my old age recounting the tale
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:22 pm

Also lads I will be working with the 20s and cup side for the knights next year as well as HM and SG ball so should be a lot more helpful with knights injury news for what that’s worth

Post by Guest Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:27 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Madges wording in the presser was a bit cryptic. Seemed to suggest farah isnt playing. But could be mind games.. lol love a rugby league mind game

Don't think either will be playing but media loves the Farah story, gets em the clicks.

Also, totally unrelated.. person is usually good with his info has dropped this today...

Nathan Brown has been offered to clean out the Cowboys next year either way Paul Green will not be there next year he is very off with the players.

Should be an interesting offseason!
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:28 pm

WT2K wrote:

Don't think either will be playing but media loves the Farah story, gets em the clicks.

Also, totally unrelated.. person is usually good with his info has dropped this today...

Nathan Brown has been offered to clean out the Cowboys next year either way Paul Green will not be there next year he is very off with the players.

Should be an interesting offseason!

Cowboys in for a few wooden spoons?

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:40 pm