NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 78

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 78 - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 78

Post by Guest Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:46 pm

Yes I've noticed Code Delta but where did they come up with this fucked up rule.

When it comes to Semi Final Match Ups they've always followed the NRL's system.

I've never seen this rule applied anywhere in any league or competition worldwide in relation to fantasy sports.

I know I'm not the only one who has been duped by these fuckwits called FAN FAIL !

first up, i think you need to chill out a bit, we're playing for fun, not for sheep stations.

second of all, it's a pretty common setting in fantasy leagues I've played, point's differential is silly in fantasy sports anyway, you can't play defense so why get punished because of who you were matched up with by luck of the draw?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:49 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    You mean 9th out of Fantasy Fanatics players?

Or 9th out of the 112k playing fantasy?

He means 9th overall. Our fanatics are killing it this year.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:52 pm

wolfking wrote:

Ranked 684 and want to give up??  That's an insult to some.  Unlucky week brother but back on the horse lad.  Captain Cook was infuriating to watch though I must say.

Well said Wolfy. 4 trades left too. Use a couple I say, get back on the horse and use a bit of awesomeness.
    Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

Post by Rooster Booster Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:00 pm

Yeah right, can't wait till it happens to you one day.

Points differential is meaningful across the world in all sports.

Rubbish rule and you know it.

surmo13 wrote:

first up, i think you need to chill out a bit, we're playing for fun, not for sheep stations.

second of all, it's a pretty common setting in fantasy leagues I've played, point's differential is silly in fantasy sports anyway, you can't play defense so why get punished because of who you were matched up with by luck of the draw?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:04 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I’m just having a bit of a sook, I won’t give up, I’m just deflated after the fact the Bunnies looked like they’d lose by 30 plus and then they got back to 20-16 and gave us false hope. Seeing Reynolds being barely able to walk was heartbreaking. Kiss it goodbye if he’s done.

I had four weeks of 1000 plus so guess I can’t complain.

My team currently is this with four trades left and 39k: (what would you do?)

Cook
    Fifita Haas
    Murray Taupau Taumalolo
    DCE Reynolds
    Nikora Bateman
    RTS Tedesco Tommy T

Smith McInnes Ponga Tevaga

Verrills, Lomax, Boyle, Coates

Gee mate, it's a bloody good side. If ARey is injured and you want to bring in Moses, seems like a no brainer. If it requires two trades to make it happen, yeah probably still worth it.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:06 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Your advice please and who goes out of Verrills or Lomax? Would you bring Moses in? I feel Munster will be rested against the Titans, therefore I wanna avoid him. I also play CK next week in a 5 v 8 head to head and he has Moses so maybe I should get Moses?

I wanna try for top 500 still, it’s still doable I feel, especially if more injuries happen the next week or two.

You totally have a chance of that. It's a good team with trades in hand, patience and some luck should get you there.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:15 pm

Rooster Booster wrote:Yeah right, can't wait till it happens to you one day.

Points differential is meaningful across the world in all sports.

Rubbish rule and you know it.

In sports where you have a meaningful way to affect your opponent scores, it absoutely is, in games where you and your opponent are basically playing your own seperate games and just comparing scores at the end, it's a silly metric. All of my NFL leagues are tie-broken on overall points, and it probably has happened to me and i can guarantee if it has, it was water off a ducks back because imo the teams who scored the most points are more deserving of the finals spot in that situation than people who got dealt an extra lucky hand.

If you can name a sport in which points differential matters when you have no control over your opponents score, i'd love to hear it
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:18 pm

It might be BS but the rules mean I finish higher the you. Laughing [/quote]

Yes I've noticed Code Delta but where did they come up with this fucked up rule.

When it comes to Semi Final Match Ups they've always followed the NRL's system.

I've never seen this rule applied anywhere in any league or competition worldwide in relation to fantasy sports.

I know I'm not the only one who has been duped by these fuckwits called FAN FAIL ![/quote]

This is my fourth year playing and never really took any notice before Embarassed , but earlier this season I was confused for the same reason as you and was trying to figure it out and looking at the ladder came to the conclusion that it was total points, not point differential. I just assume it's been like that before in years gone past. And I'm cool with it, overall points is what it's all about in my opinion, but sorry you missed out this year mate.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:31 pm

Ben Marlin wrote:
    I don’t think you need to sell Verrills or Lomax
    Put Ponga into your halves and buy any player under 697k
    Brown, Fifita, AFB, Graham, Vaughan, Crichton, Tolman, Hunt, Arrow, Brooks are all good options
    Thanks but I’m starting to feel like Moses is must have.

Out of those options Brown is probs best.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:32 pm

Mulvy wrote:

You totally have a chance of that. It's a good team with trades in hand, patience and some luck should get you there.
    Thanks mate will see how the week plays out too, who knows how Fifita and DCE pull up too.
    Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

Post by Rooster Booster Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:49 pm

surmo13 wrote:

In sports where you have a meaningful way to affect your opponent scores, it absoutely is, in games where you and your opponent are basically playing your own seperate games and just comparing scores at the end, it's a silly metric. All of my NFL leagues are tie-broken on overall points, and it probably has happened to me and i can guarantee if it has, it was water off a ducks back because imo the teams who scored the most points are more deserving of the finals spot in that situation than people who got dealt an extra lucky hand.

If you can name a sport in which points differential matters when you have no control over your opponents score, i'd love to hear it

Super Coach, NRL Dream Team etc. and NRL.com in the past have always used this rule, so this NEW rule is rubbish.

More deserving what a crock of shit.

So if it's just scoring 2 Points for a win is the only metric why not just use that and NOT show the all the relevant POINTS SCORED, POINTS AGAINST and POINTS DIFFERENTIAL in all the leagues columns.

Pfff.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:33 am

Rooster Booster wrote:

Super Coach, NRL Dream Team etc. and NRL.com in the past have always used this rule, so this NEW rule is rubbish.

More deserving what a crock of shit.

So if it's just scoring 2 Points for a win is the only metric why not just use that and NOT show the all the relevant  POINTS SCORED, POINTS AGAINST and POINTS DIFFERENTIAL in all the leagues columns.

Pfff.

In the past, tries were worth 4 points & tackle breaks were worth 0 points etc., things change sometimes, especially when a provider think there's a better way to do things, and i think rewarding skill over luck where possible is a better way to do things, I would much rather my finals merits vs someone who earned the same amount of competition points be judged on how well each of us actually played over the course of the season as opposed to comparing how many times we just happened to get matched up alongside a bloke who had a great weekend.

As an aside, seriously man, is getting this irrationally angry over a league made up to have a bit of fun, with no prizes, that nobody but the winner will remember they won in a few months time really worth it?
    Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

Post by Rooster Booster Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:40 am

surmo13 wrote:

In the past, tries were worth 4 points & tackle breaks were worth 0 points etc., things change sometimes, especially when a provider think there's a better way to do things, and i think rewarding skill over luck where possible is a better way to do things, I would much rather my finals merits vs someone who earned the same amount of competition points be judged on how well each of us actually played over the course of the season as opposed to comparing how many times we just happened to get matched up alongside a bloke who had a great weekend.

As an aside, seriously man, is getting this irrationally angry over a league made up to have a bit of fun, with no prizes, that nobody but the winner will remember they won in a few months time really worth it?

What a lot of mumbo jumbo.

All Sports in Australian are decided by points differential.

Obviously logic is hard for some to understand so we'll just leave it there.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:41 am

Hope the point differential query wasn’t serious?

Should ALWAYS come down to points scored (and always has) in a fictional game where defence stats mean fuck all! Can’t finish top of the comp based on what others do? Always has to go on what you achieve as a team as what your own team scores

It’s 100% fair, because it’s all on your decisions not how others perform or don’t perform as the case is especially towards end of season when some give up
    Daedalus
    Daedalus

Post by Daedalus Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:54 am

Welshy wrote:Hope the point differential query wasn’t serious?

Should ALWAYS come down to points scored (and always has) in a fictional game where defence stats mean fuck all! Can’t finish top of the comp based on what others do? Always has to go on what you achieve as a team as what your own team scores

It’s 100% fair, because it’s all on your decisions not how others perform or don’t perform as the case is especially towards end of season when some give up

Agreed, we have had a whole lot of match fixing in a cash league in years gone by where guys sneak into the 8 in the last week by getting their mates who are out of contention to tank their team for the week and give them the points diff boost they need. At least this gets rid of that sort of carry on
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:00 am

Whichever way they choose to do it a quick read of the rules makes it pretty obvious.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:02 am

Daedalus wrote:

Agreed, we have had a whole lot of match fixing in a cash league in years gone by where guys sneak into the 8 in the last week by getting their mates who are out of contention to tank their team for the week and give them the points diff boost they need. At least this gets rid of that sort of carry on

This happened to me last year haha still a bit salty about it but oh well
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:24 am

Rooster Booster wrote:

What a lot of mumbo jumbo.

All Sports in Australian are decided by points differential.

Obviously logic is hard for some to understand so we'll just leave it there.

It's a game not a sport.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:56 am

Does this mean I've got something to play for in L6 that I wasn't were of, thanks to Roosterbooster ?

Putting it together at the point end.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:10 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

It's a game not a sport.

+1

Imagine if it was a sport though? In the mould of esports

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:13 am