NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 68

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 68 - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 68

Post by Milchcow Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:58 pm

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 68 - Page 9 Rd_1611
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:59 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Haha losing ranks in a bye round. That is a new low

Me too lad. Let's share a drink. Beer

Post by Guest Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:03 pm

throwing the C on Cam this week, expecting a banner to celebrate game 400
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:11 pm

my tv broke wrote:Looks like we are open for rage trading SJ
    I'm not sure why people would be trading out Johnson
    Excluding his injury game he is averaging 46.3 this year
    Johnson's previous 5 seasons before this one he averaged 51, 57, 51, 57, 50
    He is a proven fantasy gun with incredible stats.
    Johnson is a freakish talent but is not a consistent player.
    That is why he got 73 last week and 31 this week
    People would've traded in Johnson knowing that he is not consistent but over the course of the season, will end up being a gun.
    I'm not sure why he is suddenly a trade-out after 1 poor match when he has been a fantasy gun for 5 years before this.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:13 pm

My team has become a mess haha. Will be kinda nice to have Fifita, SST, Milford back from the injured list
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:14 pm

The thing with Johnson is he can play badly but still rack up the junk points as he demonstrated last week. I'm confident he can hit enough highs to be worth keeping.

I mean with 3 trades left and the fact I could buy someone who is probably going to average out to high 40's at the least, for 550k. Well good enough, I'm not in a position to be fussed.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:14 pm

Fifita and Graham back should help SJ?

Post by Guest Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:19 pm

moving heaven and earth to bring in Cook this week would make my 17 look pretty godly:

(C)am
    Haas, Fifi
    Tolo, JTurbo, Murray
    Ponga, A-Rey
    Bateman, Nikora
    Teddy, RTS, TTurbo

McInnes Cook Kapow SJ

too bad it leaves me with an 18-21 of no-hopers, 1 trade & 24k to try to hold it all together, if Tevega is confirmed to miss any time i might just have to pull the trigger on it though
    Adrianoooo
    Adrianoooo

Post by Adrianoooo Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:21 pm

Was SJ that bad?
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:26 pm

What is the likelihood of Watson and Cook both getting 45's this week?
    Fraser
    Fraser

Post by Fraser Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:36 pm

Thankfully I can do Watson to TTurbo in 1 trade with 2k change.
    This will basically complete my team with 2 trades for when injury strikes or to upgrade Fainu/Martin. Would be running home with:

Cook
    Fifita Haas
    Taumalolo Jurbo Murray 
    DCE SJ 
    Bateman Nikora 
    Teddy TTurbo RTS

Smith McInnes Fainu Ponga

Martin Walters Carrigan Brittain

It's a no brainer to pull the trigger on Watson > Turbo providing he pulls through origin, right?
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:38 pm

Fraser wrote:Thankfully I can do Watson to TTurbo in 1 trade with 2k change.
    This will basically complete my team with 2 trades for when injury strikes or to upgrade Fainu/Martin. Would be running home with:

Cook
    Fifita Haas
    Taumalolo Jurbo Murray 
    DCE SJ 
    Bateman Nikora 
    Teddy TTurbo RTS

Smith McInnes Fainu Ponga

Martin Walters Carrigan Brittain

It's a no brainer to pull the trigger on Watson > Turbo providing he pulls through origin, right?
    110% no-brainer

Post by Guest Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:55 pm

surmo13 wrote:throwing the C on Cam this week, expecting a banner to celebrate game 400

Doing the same.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:09 pm

Thoughts on my trades? Subject to change but I think I know roughly what I want to do.

Xerri -> Burns, almost certainly doing this one since Xerri is against the Storm and I want to keep To'o (Panthers have a great run home, including the Titans this week), while I see Burns as a genuine gun in that Souths backline, while Xerri is a lot less consistent and doesn't have WFB dual cover.

Tevaga -> Klemmer, this one will only happen if Tevaga is out for more than a couple weeks. I have no FRF cover as it is, and I'm not going to carry him on the bench for that long since Tohu's return could very well send him back to mediocrity. If it's only a week out, I'll hold though.

Doing both of these trades would leave me with only 3 left and 3K ITB, which is cutting it close, but I feel my team is good enough. Only issue is that I need to upgrade Fainu at some point, which leaves me with only 2 trades to cover injuries, but the way I see it, selling Tevaga is covering an injury anyway, plus I have plenty of cover for halves, hooker, 2RF and WFB

My team: Ranked 286th

Cook
    Fifi, Haas
    Jurbo, Lolo, Murray
    Munster, SJ
    Burns, Bateman
    Ponga, Teddy, Wighton

CS9, McInnes, Fainu, Tevaga

Nikora, To'o, DBrown, Walters
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:10 pm

I think captain CS9 will be very popular this week. I think it was in his 349th game he went off injured with a pec and scored 44. He was under an injury cloud all week and came out for his 350th and scored I think 91.
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:28 pm

Bethany_B wrote:Thoughts on my trades? Subject to change but I think I know roughly what I want to do.

Xerri -> Burns, almost certainly doing this one since Xerri is against the Storm and I want to keep To'o (Panthers have a great run home, including the Titans this week), while I see Burns as a genuine gun in that Souths backline, while Xerri is a lot less consistent and doesn't have WFB dual cover.

Tevaga -> Klemmer, this one will only happen if Tevaga is out for more than a couple weeks. I have no FRF cover as it is, and I'm not going to carry him on the bench for that long since Tohu's return could very well send him back to mediocrity. If it's only a week out, I'll hold though.

Doing both of these trades would leave me with only 3 left and 3K ITB, which is cutting it close, but I feel my team is good enough. Only issue is that I need to upgrade Fainu at some point, which leaves me with only 2 trades to cover injuries, but the way I see it, selling Tevaga is covering an injury anyway, plus I have plenty of cover for halves, hooker, 2RF and WFB

My team: Ranked 286th

Cook
    Fifi, Haas
    Jurbo, Lolo, Murray
    Munster, SJ
    Burns, Bateman
    Ponga, Teddy, Wighton

CS9, McInnes, Fainu, Tevaga

Nikora, To'o, DBrown, Walters
    Nice team

I don't think that the Xerri > Burns trade is necessary. I'm not sure Burns will outscore Nikora and if he does, it won't be my much. I think a trade can definitely be saved here with Nikora slotting back to the centres and Xerri in the emergencies for cover.

Tevaga to Klemmer is a good trade ONLY if Tevaga is out for more than 2 weeks. If Tevaga only misses 1 or 2 weeks, you have enough cover to hold him. I would prefer Matterson or Taupau instead of Klemmer but you may not be able to afford them.

I must say, you have extremely good depth that may be useful in the last few rounds - especially with limited trades

Good luck for the rest of the season
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:32 pm

Ben Marlin wrote:
    Nice team

I don't think that the Xerri > Burns trade is necessary. I'm not sure Burns will outscore Nikora and if he does, it won't be my much. I think a trade can definitely be saved here with Nikora slotting back to the centres and Xerri in the emergencies for cover.

Tevaga to Klemmer is a good trade ONLY if Tevaga is out for more than 2 weeks. If Tevaga only misses 1 or 2 weeks, you have enough cover to hold him. I would prefer Matterson or Taupau instead of Klemmer but you may not be able to afford them.

I must say, you have extremely good depth that may be useful in the last few rounds - especially with limited trades

Good luck for the rest of the season

Tbh, I would likely be playing both Burns and Nikora, just that I'd rather have Nikora on the bench in most cases as I think Burns is better than him, just a gut feeling on that one.

As for Tevaga, I agree, and made it clear that I would only do it if Tevaga is gone for more than 2 weeks. I would love Matto, but I'd rather have Klem since I need FRF cover and have a lot of 2RF cover, also I think Klem is better than Taupau, or at least more consistent. EDIT: also the issue is that I can't afford Taupau or Matto, as I only have 684k to spend if I sell Jazz

I'm basically relying on my depth, since even my nuff can act as cover (since this week was evidence that if Munster is out, Walters will cover him)
    Wildbux
    Wildbux

Post by Wildbux Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:46 pm

Hi guys, currently ranked 6th overall with the below team, 4 trades left and 417k itb. Current plan is to get Cook in for Watson either this week or next and go Milf for either Moses/Munster/Turbo but unsure what the best option out of those would be?

Also waiting on Milford injury news as my low trades might force me to hold him and keep the rest for injury cover. 18th man looking like CNK. Am I missing anything obvious? Appreciate any advice.

Smith
    Fifita Haas
    Murray Matterson Lolo
    SJ Ponga
    Bateman Nikora
    CNK Tedesco RTS

Mcinnes Mahoney Taupau Watson

Carrigan Milford Brittain Walters
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:55 pm

Wildbux wrote:Hi guys, currently ranked 6th overall with the below team, 4 trades left and 417k itb. Current plan is to get Cook in for Watson either this week or next and go Milf for either Moses/Munster/Turbo but unsure what the best option out of those would be?

Also waiting on Milford injury news as my low trades might force me to hold him and keep the rest for injury cover. 18th man looking like CNK. Am I missing anything obvious? Appreciate any advice.

Smith
    Fifita Haas
    Murray Matterson Lolo
    SJ Ponga
    Bateman Nikora
    CNK Tedesco RTS

Congratulations on the amazing rank!

You might need to do Watson > Cook next week depending on whether or not Ponga and Tedesco play

You're also a little low on trades and with your final 17 pretty much complete, you might want to hold Milford if he's back this week.
    But if you do end up selling Milford, I think Turbo will outscore Munster and Moses
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:56 pm

Wildbux wrote:Hi guys, currently ranked 6th overall with the below team, 4 trades left and 417k itb. Current plan is to get Cook in for Watson either this week or next and go Milf for either Moses/Munster/Turbo but unsure what the best option out of those would be?

Smith
    Fifita Haas
    Murray Matterson Lolo
    SJ Ponga
    Bateman Nikora
    CNK Tedesco RTS

Welcome to the forums my dude, I see you're at the top of the /r/nrl comp too Smile

As for selling Milf to either Moses/Munster/Turbo, I'd probably be going Moses as the POD play, as well as the fact that he kicks goals while the other 2 don't. Turbo is amazing on his day and Munster is a gun too (plus means that you can cover him with Walters if he gets hurt or rested), so you can't really go wrong with any of them.

Your team is pretty good, though the 18-21 looks a little bit weak, though with your low trades there's not much to do about it. Brittain and Walters are decent red dots to have though, it's just Carrigan I don't really like.

TLDR: Sell Milf to Moses or Munster, Watson to Cook, and then just hold your trades and do nothing. Hopefully I can run you down in the /r/nrl comp but considering I'm 503 points and 280 overall spots behind, it seems pretty unlikely Very Happy

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:41 pm