NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 64

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 64 - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 64

Post by White Lightning Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:58 pm

So what ever happened to Fainu & his court case when he sent unauthorized revealing pictures of that girl without her consent. Obviously nothing if he's still playing.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:02 pm

Loomer wrote:

2014 average in 18 games at FB 44. Low tackle counts and KM

5 years the wiser, id be happy with 44-50 at this stage.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:02 pm

White Lightning wrote:With this Fainu news I'm considering these buys for Cleary who I'm selling:
    (a) Cleary out - SJ in or
    (b) Cleary out - Turbo in (via C. Watson)
    (c) Cleary out - Fainu in (via C. Watson)

I was going to do (b) & not go (a) because Watson to SJ will be an easy trade down the line & with SJ's high b/e this week his price will drop. The only thing putting me off SJ is that the Sharks have a lot of attacking options & SJ would be competing with the likes of Moylan, Townsend, W. Graham, Gallen & Fifita (when he plays) to get his hands on the ball. At the Warriors SJ was the main man but at the Sharks there's 4-6 main men. So I was going Turbo because imo he'll outscore most of the halves like SJ. Now with option (c) emerging I have to say I'm very tempted to get Fainu but eventually he'll be back to the bench so I will pass.

SJ is the type of player who could benefit from those attacking weapons. He could almost play like a second fullback, running off Fifi, BHU, Gal and then has Nikora and Xerri outside him to create LBA's and TA's. Seems to have his head back in the game after last week and against the dogs I am backing him for a big one.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:02 pm

I have Morgan, CNK and Havilli to deal with and have to play all 3 with Morgan looking like being out. I'm 1K short of Morgan and Havilli to Watson and Fainu. I either go SJ instead of Watson or keep Havilli and trade CNK. Hmmm...

Or trade Fifi but might as well hold him now.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:10 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

SJ is the type of player who could benefit from those attacking weapons. He could almost play like a second fullback, running off Fifi, BHU, Gal and then has Nikora and Xerri outside him to create LBA's and TA's. Seems to have his head back in the game after last week and against the dogs I am backing him for a big one.

Yeah I'm probably overthinking it. I agree & in reality even if he's just setting up Nikora & Xerri for tb's & tries & maybe picks a try up himself then he's going to score well. Playing the Bulldogs this week as you say could be a big points game & then round 16 up against a depleted Broncos re origin & both the Bulldogs & Broncos seem out of form atm.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:14 pm

wolfking wrote:I have Morgan, CNK and Havilli to deal with and have to play all 3 with Morgan looking like being out.  I'm 1K short of Morgan and Havilli to Watson and Fainu.  I either go SJ instead of Watson or keep Havilli and trade CNK.  Hmmm...

I like = Morgan, Havili out & SJ, Fainu in.
    I think with Hodgson back he will create more for CNK & get him more involved in attack much more than Havili did.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:17 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Yeah I'm probably overthinking it. I agree & in reality even if he's just setting up Nikora & Xerri for tb's & tries & maybe picks a try up himself then he's going to score well. Playing the Bulldogs this week as you say could be a big points game & then round 16 up against a depleted Broncos re origin & both the Bulldogs & Broncos seem out of form atm.

What do you guys put down as base stats?

For a halfback are base stats

KM
    MG
    TCK
    Goals
    FDO
    MT
    ER
    PC
    OF
    TB

Then

TA,T,LB,LBA are classified as Attacking Stats?

Last edited by StormTrooper96 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:19 pm

White Lightning wrote:wackos is once again tweeting that Milford will play f/b. I thought this was bs so why does he keep posting this.

So the journos today have asked about something that supposedly happened at training, that none of them saw happen... but are wondering if its true? hahah
    Fraser
    Fraser

Post by Fraser Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:41 pm

Fuck it, I think I'm going Cleary > SJ and Deardon > Fainu. Then I'm gonna play Havili over Farah. All sound solid enough?

Leaves me with:
    Cook (C) (132)
    Haas SST
    Taumalolo Jurbo Murray (44)
    DCE SJ
    Bateman Nikora 
    Teddy Ponga Watson 

Smith Martin Fainu Havili

Farah (27) Carrigan Fifita Brittain

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:43 pm

No Worries wrote:Don't have the trades up my sleeve but brought Twal in fr Fifita anyway. I'm not going to win the thing so if I can't get Fifi in will it really matter ? Happy with the decision so far

I traded it Fifi to. I won’t get him back in. Already wasted enough trades on him. My thoughts are the rise of Uele who will only see more mins and Woods back and Gallens last year I think he’ll want to spend as much time on the field as possible.

There will be less reliance on him for the run home
    Fraser
    Fraser

Post by Fraser Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:46 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

I traded it Fifi to. I won’t get him back in. Already wasted enough trades on him. My thoughts are the rise of Uele who will only see more mins and Woods back and Gallens last year I think he’ll want to spend as much time on the field as possible.

Which 2RF did u end up sitting out mate?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:48 pm

What are base stats? Just for my own knowledge. Thanks lads.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:56 pm

wolfking wrote:I have Morgan, CNK and Havilli to deal with and have to play all 3 with Morgan looking like being out.  I'm 1K short of Morgan and Havilli to Watson and Fainu.  I either go SJ instead of Watson or keep Havilli and trade CNK.  Hmmm...

Thought Green said he was gtg
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:58 pm

White Lightning wrote:@ nrl physio - Koroisau had surgery on his ankle - expected to miss at least 6 weeks & worse case he'll miss 8-10 weeks.
    Anyone going to punt on Fainu.
    Hmmm Farah to Fainu might be a go
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:03 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

I did Fifita to Twal as well & for the reasons you said. I read on DT latemail that Woods only has to get through the captains run to play this week. So the Sharks will probably have a 4 prop rotation now with Fifita, Prior, Woods & Uele & this is not good for Fifita. To me even with reduced mins Fifita will still end up being the no. 1 fantasy scoring prop but he won't get the boom type scores where he plays 55-65 mins. This means to me that Twal will get much closer to Fifita's scores.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:05 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:What are base stats? Just for my own knowledge. Thanks lads.
    Essentially it’s a way of judging a players “base” output average without all the potential extra attacking stats in a big game, and minus the potential negative stats in a bad game.

So in general for the majority of players/positions: it is average tackles and run metres, simple as that.  The larger the historical sample the better obviously. With a Half you can add kick metres. With a goal kicker you can add goals.

We very rarely add anything else to anyone else. Occasionally though if a player has that longer history of a certain trait then we suggest they may actually be base stats as well. Eg Paul Carter with missed tackles or Crichton circa 2017 with TB’s. The Crichton example is a very good example of why not to add “extras”  though as we figured he would always play like he did back then, but hasn’t in hindsight.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:11 pm

SI wrote:
    Essentially it’s a way of judging a players “base” output average without all the potential extra attacking stats in a big game, and minus the potential negative stats in a bad game.

So in general for the majority of players/positions: it is average tackles and run metres, simple as that.  The larger the historical sample the better obviously. With a Half you can add kick metres. With a goal kicker you can add goals.

We very rarely add anything else to anyone else. Occasionally though if a player has that longer history of a certain trait then we suggest they may actually be base stats as well. Eg Paul Carter with missed tackles or Crichton circa 2017 with TB’s. The Crichton example is a very good example of why not to add “extras”  though as we figured he would always play like he did back then, but hasn’t in hindsight.

Good post mate!
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:13 pm

For those tradeaholics like myself who I have already used their 2 trades for the week and locked them in is Fainu still an option in R17 (could buy in bye round but seems counterintuitive - main option is Havili to Fainu next week)

Missed out on Fainu last year as well (I swear I remember buying Lewis Brown no joke because Fainu wasn't top 30)
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:14 pm

SI wrote:

I thought so. So with SJ this year he is averaging this for base stats (6 games, not including his injured game
    Points/per
    Kick Metres = 13.4/game
    Tackles = 14/game
    Metres Gained = 5.7/game
    Goals = 4.34/game
    Total = 37.44/game

If we add in his demerits
    Missed Tackles = -4/game
    Errors = -3.2/game

Total = 30.24 in base stats a game.

It's hard because I guess you may also say in his return game he made 9 tackles, miss 4 and only ran 19 metres... so you could say he was getting back into it.
    Also would you ass forced drop outs for Halves (as they are generally doing the kicking)?

30.24 points a game in base stats is pretty good considering SJ is also averaging 1.8 TB's a game, 1 LBA a game and nearly 1 offload a game. Any other attacking stats such as TA's, Tries and LB's would be very welcome.
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:17 pm

White Lightning wrote:With this Fainu news I'm considering these buys for Cleary who I'm selling:
    (a) Cleary out - SJ in or
    (b) Cleary out - Turbo in (via C. Watson)
    (c) Cleary out - Fainu in (via C. Watson)

I was going to do (b) & not go (a) because Watson to SJ will be an easy trade down the line & with SJ's high b/e this week his price will drop. The only thing putting me off SJ is that the Sharks have a lot of attacking options & SJ would be competing with the likes of Moylan, Townsend, W. Graham, Gallen & Fifita (when he plays) to get his hands on the ball. At the Warriors SJ was the main man but at the Sharks there's 4-6 main men. So I was going Turbo because imo he'll outscore most of the halves like SJ. Now with option (c) emerging I have to say I'm very tempted to get Fainu but eventually he'll be back to the bench so I will pass.
    a

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:16 am