NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

SOO Game 2 Comments Thread

Ice

SOO Game 2 Comments Thread Empty SOO Game 2 Comments Thread

Post by Ice Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:17 pm

Shit effort by you lot not making a game thread.

Solid win by the Blues.

Thought the refs got the Penalty try and the Maloney forward pass call correct. Only two big calls in the game, everything else pretty much spot on.

TTurbo is a star, so glad he was back in the side and centre is his spot at this level whilst Teddy is fit.Maloney showed he is a winner generally. Wade Graham had his best game in a Blue Jerssey. Dale was solid, Wighton was solid but stupidly gave away the try, but still, hard to fault him. Fergo with only one error early in the piece when the rain had just started, but really got involved and help out from the back. I honestly don't think we win that game with Walker in the halves. No way he controls the game like Jimmy did. Missed the first ten so can't comment on Safiti but hard to fault him in that game. Now he needs to aim up in the decider.
    Dip

SOO Game 2 Comments Thread Empty Re: SOO Game 2 Comments Thread

Post by Dip Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:29 pm

NSW got a fair bit of momentum with a couple of dodgy knock on or not knock on calls, and a run of penalties when both teams seemed to infringing, but you can only blame that if you lose by single figures. Lose by 30 and there’s nothing to say other than it’s a deserved thumping. Second game always easier off a loss though. QLD by 6 in game 3.
    P
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:34 pm

Unreal performance across the park, even at 6-6 I was feeling pretty confident, we were breaking tackles and our line speed was awesome. Qld like us in game 1 were off a bit

Unlike QLD we played a lot more footy with our dominance and coasted to a great win and hopefully that can lead to us having more points in us when hopefully both teams show up for game 3

NSW by 10

Controversial calls

Saifiti played very well, compare him to Dylan Napa and tell me who really is lucky to be there ?
    Wighton - yeah the penalty try was there but teddy was out of position, if he lets chambers go it’s a try anyways. Other then that played very week
    Fergo - 1 error but his yards were valuable
    Maloney - unreal
    TTurbo at centre - unreal
    Wade graham after only playing 90 mins - unreal
    Only 2 full time props ?? Didn’t matter

Freddy made some big calls and tonight they came off but it does mean nothing if they lose in 2 and half weeks. Gotta back it up
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:48 am

Wighton played very weak????

15 runs for 153 metres
    A line break
    A try assist
    5 tackle breaks
    Pretty much no errors (penalty try aside) in defence.

You're a hard marker.

Last edited by Ice on Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:48 am

Absolutely LG spot on.

Saifiti was excellent in the opening stages of the game, his first origin hitup was prob the best first origin hitup in history. Was perfect. Im not sure how much game time he got but he was great when on.

Wighton - he was good yep, but honestly I dont think he did anything that mitchell hasnt one a million times in the past for the roosters. You cant drop wighton after at performance though so mitchell might find it hard to get back in the side now. I would prob still have him on the wing over fergo.

Fergo yeah he was ok. He did his job, strong carries, good yards. As far as that dropped ball, its a typical fego mistake and you expect one of them a game from him.

TommyT would have prob played 10 origins by now if it wasnt for injury. I dont think picking him at centre is a controversial pick, dropping morris and picking fergo was.

I thought the reffing was ... odd.
    Totally agree it was a penalty try - however that exact thing happens at least 3 times every single game and its never mentioned. I mean, a few mins before, munster ran to block Frizzel when he was chasing a kick, Friz didnt change his line he just kept running straight and ran over him and Friz was the one who was penalised?? Crazy. Makes no sense to me.

The maloney forward pass no try.. fucking come on. Its prob a bit of blue eye but I didnt even think it traveled forward, and clearly went backward out of his hands if it did. There was prob 30 forward passes from dummy half that didnt rate a mention but they call that??? fuck me. I was happy they called the one from maloney to saifiti because those little forward passes never get called, but then they called that one??? god. Then you have chambers running in and smacking saifiti in the back of the head after it? What a fuckwit, he is just stoked latrell isnt there to put him to bed again.

McGuire... I swear threw a punch at Vaughn?? Right on the try line and it was never mentioned??

Cleary with the "ankle injury" hey.....
    I wonder what they will do there if he cant go... or even in general. Play maloney at 7 and bring walker back in? Start with graham at 6? Cleary was serviceable again without being special. His defense was good tho.

Teddy had a blinder, Ponga had a bit of a shocker and cook's came into its own late in the game when he needed to. Tommy T makes even manly watchable ... fuck hes good.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:52 am

If Cleary is out, will be interesting to see if they go wi the Pearce Maloney Combo of stick with Maloney Graham.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:05 am

Ice wrote:Wighton played very weak????

15 runs for 153 metres
    A line break
    A try assist
    5 tackle breaks
    Pretty much no errors (penalty try aside) in defence.

You're a hard marker.

haha clearly meant well and as i said, even the penalty try didn't really cost us because if he doesn't take him out, they score anyways
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:08 am

Ice wrote:If Cleary is out,  will be interesting to see if they go wi the Pearce Maloney Combo of stick with Maloney Graham.

Graham will still defs be on the bench imo

if cleary it out, i think freddy only considers 3 options

Pearce/maloney
    Keary (if he plays this week)/maloney
    Wighton/Maloney - with trell back at centre if he performs this week

i think pearce would be the most likely
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:10 am

leaguegod wrote:

haha clearly meant well and as i said, even the penalty try didn't really cost us because if he doesn't take him out, they score anyways

Haha, I see it now.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:11 am

- Sunday games are terrible. I was far too tanked by the time the game started and can barely remember watching it, let alone what happened.

- Thank god it was on a Sunday because I was far too tanked by the time the massacre started and can barely remember watching it, let alone what happened.

- Seemed to be a lot of penalties of stuff that was let go in the first game. The game def didnt flow as much. To be fair, hard for a game to flow when QLD spent most of their time standing in the ingoal waiting for conversions.

- TTurbo for FTS in the first half and second half at $17 and $14 + FTS within 12 minutes. Freeeeee moneeeeeyyyy. 3/8 on punts for the night but well up in the wallet. Shout out to my mate who I convinced to get on board and loaded a tenner onto Jake.

- QLD forwards got rolled just as much as the NSW forwards did in the first game. Apart from Kaufusi, the fat blokes were terrible across the park.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:19 am

Teddy & JAC combo with TTurbo backing up is just scary.

Did I see the giraffe only had 2 offloads ?
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:21 am

No Worries wrote:Teddy & JAC combo with TTurbo backing up is just scary.

Did I see the giraffe only had 2 offloads ?

to busy scoring tries to worry about passing the ball
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:27 am

I liked having it on its own weekend, on a sunday. Prob would have even preferred it on a saturday night.

I wish it started earlier though, a few mates at the game said it was awesome having a 6pm kick off. Looked good on TV too.

JAC had a fkin great game too. He is deceptively big and is a strong runner of the ball. Love watching him play for the blues. Finecane should have played 10 origins by now, he is just a quality player. JTrbo at prop made me moist. Fuck he was good.

Do any of the injured blokes come back in? Klemmer would be just about the only one that walks back into the side.

Also - freddy didnt have a fucking terrible bench rotation this game as well which helped a lot.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:37 am

JAC had his best game in a Blue Jersey for sure and yep, Freddy got rotation right.

I can see that A Maloney/Wighton Combo could be an option with Trell coming back in,but. I think it's highly unlikely. Wighton defensively was far better thanTrell has been at this level and thoughhe may not totally breakthe game open, he links well and early with JAC.

JTurbo is defo a prop at this level and actually thought Vaughan had as good a game as he has played and him coming of the bench was a good move, gave us some experience with that mid half forward rotation.

Klemmer if healthy surely comes back but for whom? It has to be either Daniel or Dale I guess, for the decider,I'd probably stick with Dale.

TTurbo though, seriously, what a beast. Don't think Qld can continue to carry Morgan opposite him. I'd switch Morgan to halves and Munster to centres and give him the same roving commission Turbo had.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:43 am

Latrell is no chance of coming back this year and he will need to make big changes to his game to get back in next year. Plenty of players are superstars with the ball in their hands but it's what you do off the ball especially in origin that makes the difference. He didn't get dropped for 1 performance. Look at him at the Roosters, he's lazy off the ball.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:34 am

Latrell also had a bit of a shocker in game 3 last year too.
    You would think Klemmer would come in as a direct replacement for Saifiti.

Tariq sims is the other one who was there but didnt really do much
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:44 am

tariq off the bench is always gonna bring line speed which is important if we start slow, between him and saifiti imo, finucane has to keep his spot

Saifiti was very strong and would be stiff to miss but i think its probably the best way to go
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:53 am

Ahh Sims, forgot about him,which is a measure of his performance,he makes way for Klemmer for sure.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:18 pm

QLD upped the ante from virus and the runs to near death experience for this game. Doesn't leave much wiggle room for game 3.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:39 pm

No Worries wrote:QLD upped the ante from virus and the runs to near death experience for this game. Doesn't leave much wiggle room for game 3.

they gave Gagai a virus and no one bit so they gave mbye a peanut to try and kill him, all to make an unbelievable bullshit story to take attention away from how shit their forwards are

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:50 pm