NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 63

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 63 - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 63

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:47 am

White Lightning wrote:With Walters saying he will make changes to the game 3 team are Milford owners worrying he might get a call up. DCE or Munster won't get dropped but he might get a utility spot. He has to be a better option than Glasby or Wallace.

Not that worried. But I think changes will be Welsh for Wallace, Scott if he's fit for Napa (I know Scott is a bit past it but he's still a rep warrior in a one-off game), and Morgan can't play centre so maybe Gagai to centre with Feldt wing and Morgan to the bench. Can't see DCE or Munster being dropped or Morgan out of 17, so no room for Milford. More worried about Cam Smith getting the call...
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:52 am

White Lightning wrote:Just on Folau's who both seem to hate homosexuals wouldn't it be awkward for them if their 1st born ended up being a homosexual. When he/she was older he/she would look at what both his parents posted about him/her & would probably end up hating the Folau's. Karma is like that.

Hopefully the poor kid reacts this way and doesn't feel he/she has to repress/hide it and causes themselves all sorts of mental issues.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:53 am

White Lightning wrote:Just on Folau's who both seem to hate homosexuals wouldn't it be awkward for them if their 1st born ended up being a homosexual. When he/she was older he/she would look at what both his parents posted about him/her & would probably end up hating the Folau's. Karma is like that.

They both honestly disgust me. Their views aside, which I acknowledge everyone is entitled to have, the fact that they are asking for donations as a result of their views, up to $3m, is an absolute disgrace. I work with some of the most vulnerable people in society and they struggle each day for the basics of care. These self righteous pricks, with their massive salaries and profiles having the nerve to ask for the publics money is one of the most disgusting things I have seen for some time. They should be so ashamed of themselves!

On the above, it hostly wouldn't surprise me at all if Israel himself was gay. Ironically it often works that way.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:57 am

It's fucking sad when Morgan made the most metres out of any other QLD player. I thought some of his runs were pretty decent though.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:07 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

They both honestly disgust me. Their views aside, which I acknowledge everyone is entitled to have, the fact that they are asking for donations as a result of their views, up to $3m, is an absolute disgrace. I work with some of the most vulnerable people in society and they struggle each day for the basics of care. These self righteous pricks, with their massive salaries and profiles having the nerve to ask for the publics money is one of the most disgusting things I have seen for some time. They should be so ashamed of themselves!

On the above, it hostly wouldn't surprise me at all if Israel himself was gay. Ironically it often works that way.

Great post mate. They disgust me because they have more than enough money to pay their legal bills & the people donating are essentially funding their extravagant lifestyle. They seem to have the typical rich persons entitled attitude i.e. why should we use our money when we can get other people to pay for it because we deserve it. What baffles me more is why people are donating to these pricks. This is exactly why some people hate rich people because they are entitled & think they can use their power & influence to get anything they want.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:12 am

I read this article quoting ex Australian netball legend Ellis who said why hasn't netball Australia fired Maria Folau. Even though Folau hasn't posted anything directly she has still uploaded her husbands views on her social media with a message of support for her husband. So she endorses her husbands views but netball Australia still reckon that this is not enough to fire her.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:15 am

White Lightning wrote:

Great post mate. They disgust me because they have more than enough money to pay their legal bills & the people donating are essentially funding their extravagant lifestyle. They seem to have the typical rich persons entitled attitude i.e. why should we use our money when we can get other people to pay for it because we deserve it. What baffles me more is why people are donating to these pricks. This is exactly why some people hate rich people because they are entitled & think they can use their power & influence to get anything they want.

“When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

At the very bottom of the donations page there's a clause that says the money may not be used for the legal battle.
    This is nothing more than greed without caring who they hurt along the way.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:23 am

surmo13 wrote:did Joey take a job as Freddy's propaganda machine? praising the controversial picks in the squad like they're the next Wally Lewis for doing the base level of what should be expected from a professional footballer.

Yeah what the fuck does Joey & Freddy know. Fuckin amateur hour out there.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:41 am

I don't think QLD are making any changes other than Ofa back, and Welch may come in.

I don't mind the Matt Scott suggestion - just for 25 minutes or so. At least he goes forward.
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:50 am

If Cleary is out who do you think will be the new halfback or 5/8? The options are Walker, Matterson, Graham, Townsend, Pearce, Reynolds, Wighton

Last edited by Ben Marlin on Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:02 am

I feel like this year has had the most injuries of any I can remember in the recent seasons... or at least the most of "higher" profile/fantasy relevant players.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:32 am

Ben Marlin wrote:If Cleary is out who do you think will be the new halfback or 5/8? The options are Walker, Matterson, Graham, Townsend, Pearce, Reynolds, Wighton

If NSW want to win Chad "The Greatest Player of All Time" Townsend is the only answer.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:38 am

White Lightning wrote:

Well you have to consider that people donating to him probably aren't the typical people to donate to true charitable causes. More likely they're rich Christians who quietly support his views but aren't as stupid to broadcast them publicly.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:38 am

Ben Marlin wrote:If Cleary is out who do you think will be the new halfback or 5/8? The options are Walker, Matterson, Graham, Townsend, Pearce, Reynolds, Wighton

If Freddy said Maloney was the last man standing, then obviously Graham.
    Bringing Walker back would be admitting you flicked the wrong half the first time.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:08 am

I'd say most people funding Folau's gofundme are doing so as a show of symbolic protest about the ARU sacking him and/or support his homophobic views, rather than specifically wanting to donate to his legal fees.
    Probably not the most cost effective way to take action if that is their core goal. But we live in a society that donated $55,000 to a guy who wanted to make a potato salad - rational use of our charitable funds is not a strong point for our culture.

As an aside how sad is it that it apparently takes $3million to go to court. Imagine if this was Joe Schmoe fighting a wrongful dismissal case - how is the average member of the public expected to stump up the funds for this sort of thing.

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:13 am

Milchy wrote:As an aside how sad is it that it apparently takes $3million to go to court.

Saw a lawyer tweet that there is no way it would cost more than 300k

Milchy wrote:Imagine if this was Joe Schmoe fighting a wrongful dismissal case - how is the average member of the public expected to stump up the funds for this sort of thing.

This is a whole different problem with society
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:36 am

Milchy wrote:
    I'd say most people funding Folau's gofundme are doing so as a show of symbolic protest about the ARU sacking him and/or support his homophobic views, rather than specifically wanting to donate to his legal fees.
    Probably not the most cost effective way to take action if that is their core goal. But we live in a society that donated $55,000 to a guy who wanted to make a potato salad - rational use of our charitable funds is not a strong point for our culture.

As an aside how sad is it that it apparently takes $3million to go to court. Imagine if this was Joe Schmoe fighting a wrongful dismissal case - how is the average member of the public expected to stump up the funds for this sort of thing.

I think a lot of the backlash is also coming from the fact he has 7 investment properties worth upwards of 7 million dollars that he hasn't thought about chucking on sale.

EDIT: As I write this GoFundMe are set to refund everyone who donated towards Folau's legal case.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:48 am

Sanity has prevailed. Well done GoFundMe.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:52 am

P.Kaufusi could be a good downgrade this week if named in the Dragons side.

With Cleary injury likely syndesmois I think he will miss a few games! Might have to go Cleary to Arey and Dearden to Burns/Kaufusi. These injuries are really killing my will to play the season out.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:58 am

With Cleary out i'll probably go Sivo to Ttrbo and play Ponga in halves

Hold Cleary short term

Tommy Trbojevic just seems in irresistible form at the moment

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:00 am