NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56

    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 571
    Reputation : 115
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56

    Post by Teeth Eater on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:28 pm

    @Mulvy wrote:Fair chance I'll be keeping CNK next week.

    I mentioned a couple of times in the past that RTS leaves my team before CNK and tonight went a long way to re-confirming that. I just find him a more consistent option. I know the averages suggest otherwise, but especially in H2H, he's just a more reliable option. I can't see him ever going as low as RTS's lows.

    Plus I like him and RTS irritates the fuck out of me. Wink
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 7527
    Reputation : 2438
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56

    Post by Mulvy on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:29 pm

    @SoylentGreen wrote:So how much does Bateman drop in price next week?

    Fuck all cheer
    avatar
    Regulator

    Posts : 307
    Reputation : 136
    Join date : 2016-03-01

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56

    Post by Regulator on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:29 pm

    @wolfking wrote:

    Calm down bud.

    Meh, dopey comment gets the appropriate response.
    Weiland
    Weiland

    Posts : 914
    Reputation : 218
    Join date : 2018-03-13
    Location : Christchurch

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56

    Post by Weiland on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:29 pm

    @wolfking wrote:

    Yeah I know.  I'm just filthy on him for trading him in for a first score of 15.  I thought Niko stifled him a bit though in that game and hopefully that doesn't continue.  I'm hoping for a solid bounce back next week.

    All I am saying is you shouldn't base your opinions on someone on their fantasy score, especially an outside back. A bad score from any WFB is par of the course.

    Anyway, hope your team goes well this week mate Smile
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

    Posts : 606
    Reputation : 148
    Join date : 2018-02-05
    Age : 21
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56

    Post by Bethany_B on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:30 pm

    Currently sitting on 7/312, with Rein and Lolo (C) left. Despite my severe lack of players (I only have 9 this week), I've only lost 95 places, from 209th to 304th
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatic

    Posts : 15112
    Reputation : 3131
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56

    Post by wolfking on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:31 pm

    @Regulator wrote:

    Meh, dopey comment gets the appropriate response.

    Fuck off mate.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke

    Posts : 9580
    Reputation : 3047
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56

    Post by my tv broke on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:32 pm

    I think Nikorima impacts RTS a little. Niko is now taking the attacking 1st or 2nd receiver options that RTS was early season. RTS obviously still a gun player but may knock a few points off his average.

    Problem with niko is that he is no good for his outside men or fb. Runs when he sees space for himself, but slides sideways otherwise and just cramps his outside men.

    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatic

    Posts : 15112
    Reputation : 3131
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56

    Post by wolfking on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:32 pm

    @Teeth Eater wrote:

    I mentioned a couple of times in the past that RTS leaves my team before CNK and tonight went a long way to re-confirming that. I just find him a more consistent option. I know the averages suggest otherwise, but especially in H2H, he's just a more reliable option. I can't see him ever going as low as RTS's lows.

    Plus I like him and RTS irritates the fuck out of me. Wink

    Watch what you say about RTS mate at the moment.  His fanclub are out in full force.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 571
    Reputation : 115
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56

    Post by Teeth Eater on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:34 pm

    @Regulator wrote:

    Ah so you only watched one game and made that bizarre conclusion.

    Now it makes sense.

    Even Slater had the odd bad game.

    Saying RTS goes missing is just beyond ridiculous to anyone who actually watches the bloke try to single handedly carry a trash team every week.

    I don't think RTS goes missing in "real life." In that streak of sub-20 scores he posted last year I think he got a couple of man of the matches in that patch. He serves his team well, often, but that definitely does not translate into Fantasy scores all the time, which is what we're here for. Smile

    I absolutely fucking hate owning him in Fantasy... but that's not to say I think he's a bad player in real life.

    That said, sometimes I do think he leads more with his words than his actions.


    Last edited by Teeth Eater on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Weiland
    Weiland

    Posts : 914
    Reputation : 218
    Join date : 2018-03-13
    Location : Christchurch

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56

    Post by Weiland on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:34 pm

    @my tv broke wrote:I think Nikorima impacts RTS a little. Niko is now taking the attacking 1st or 2nd receiver options that RTS was early season. RTS obviously still a gun player but may knock a few points off his average.

    Problem with niko is that he is no good for his outside men or fb. Runs when he sees space for himself, but slides sideways otherwise and just cramps his outside men.


    He got 59 and 40 in Nikorima's first 2 games. You might be right but I am not sure if we can reach that conclusion yet.
    avatar
    Regulator

    Posts : 307
    Reputation : 136
    Join date : 2016-03-01

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56

    Post by Regulator on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:34 pm

    @wolfking wrote:

    Fuck off mate.

    "calm down bud"

    Seems you'd be well served taking your own advice mate.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

    Posts : 1782
    Reputation : 435
    Join date : 2016-01-21

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56

    Post by SoylentGreen on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:35 pm

    @Mulvy wrote:

    Fuck all cheer

    Probably going to come up just short of Rein & Sivo > Bateman & McInnes. Tolman might have to go.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatic

    Posts : 15112
    Reputation : 3131
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56

    Post by wolfking on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:36 pm

    @Weiland wrote:

    All I am saying is you shouldn't base your opinions on someone on their fantasy score, especially an outside back. A bad score from any WFB is par of the course.

    Anyway, hope your team goes well this week mate Smile

    Thanks mate  no offence to you.  Of course there is a reason I got him in.  Just hope they can get a bit more fluid in attack unlike last week.

    Broncs did do the smart thing and didn't kick to him once.  That didn't help.
    SI
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 15112
    Reputation : 4520
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56

    Post by SI on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:37 pm

    Move on lads, let's just celebrate the DethKlok!
    Weiland
    Weiland

    Posts : 914
    Reputation : 218
    Join date : 2018-03-13
    Location : Christchurch

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56

    Post by Weiland on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:38 pm

    @SI wrote:Move on lads, let's just celebrate the DethKlok!

    All good, we settled it like adults Smile
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatic

    Posts : 15112
    Reputation : 3131
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56

    Post by wolfking on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:39 pm

    @Teeth Eater wrote:

    I don't think RTS goes missing in "real life." In that streak of sub-20 scores he posted last year I think he got a couple of man of the matches in that patch. He serves his team well, often, but that definitely does not translate into Fantasy scores all the time, which is what we're here for. Smile

    I absolutely fucking hate owning him in Fantasy... but that's not to say I think he's a bad player in real life.

    That said, sometimes I do think he leads more with his words than his actions.

    I'm the first to admit that my fantasy bias takes over a lot.
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

    Posts : 1284
    Reputation : 310
    Join date : 2016-03-16

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56

    Post by BroncHose on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:39 pm

    @MilfordTheMagician wrote:Really regret getting Tolman in last week. Two poor scores in a row with low minutes from what he usually plays. Disappointing.
    Tolman's my next trade out think. He's maxed out, playing in a poor team, has needed 80mins to get above 50 and plenty of FRF coverage with Fifi, Taupau, Haas, Twal
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatic

    Posts : 15112
    Reputation : 3131
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56

    Post by wolfking on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:39 pm

    @SI wrote:Move on lads, let's just celebrate the DethKlok!

    DethKlok.  Love it.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 7527
    Reputation : 2438
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56

    Post by Mulvy on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:40 pm

    @SoylentGreen wrote:

    Probably going to come up just short of Rein & Sivo > Bateman & McInnes. Tolman might have to go.

    Oh right. I'm not sure about McInnes btw. I think he'll continue to play 80 but it's not guaranteed with Robson sniffing around and you know, Mary. But also if he goes to lock when Robson comes on, does he keep scoring well? Tackles in the middle would continue with less chance of attacking stats?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatic

    Posts : 15112
    Reputation : 3131
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 56

    Post by wolfking on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:43 pm

    I take my comment back.  His team is God awful sometimes so as a FB there's only so much he can do.  I just think it seemed Niko tried to take charge more than he should.  RTS I hope keeps growing as a leader and dominates and tells the halves to give him the ball when he needs it.  Keep getting forceful with his talk.

      Current date/time is Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:48 am