NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

More Bateman

Poll

How do we get him.

[ 4 ]
    More Bateman Bar_left13%More Bateman Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 2 ]
    More Bateman Bar_left6%More Bateman Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 2 ]
    More Bateman Bar_left6%More Bateman Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 0 ]
    More Bateman Bar_left0%More Bateman Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 9 ]
    More Bateman Bar_left29%More Bateman Bar_right [29%] 
    [ 14 ]
    More Bateman Bar_left45%More Bateman Bar_right [45%] 

Total Votes: 31
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

More Bateman Empty More Bateman

Post by Milchcow Fri May 31, 2019 10:37 am

I suspect a lot of people will be keen to get rid of Cartwright

But if we do it forces us to play either Dearden or Sivo in our starting 13 until we can trade in another HLF or WFB  (RTS or TTrbo coming in soon I expect and maybe a dun R16 half, so probably a short term problem)

If we dump Xerri, we will have no CTR cover and will need Nikora and Bateman to play every week until (if) we bring in another CTR (Burns as 18th man maybe?)
    Krump
    Krump

More Bateman Empty Re: More Bateman

Post by Krump Fri May 31, 2019 10:54 am

I've voted for waiting a week but if it happens that we are trading I'd like mine to count as Brittain reversed if possible please.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 31, 2019 10:57 am

Deardon looks like he should make $100 to 150k through to round 16.
    Xerri looks like he'll be more in the $50 to $100k range through to the same time period.

So out of those two, you'd probably better to lose Xerri although you are not only losing the cash you are losing round 16 points.

Carty has basically peaked in price so his value is in being a round 12 scorer. off the bench this week though so he may only be worth 20 points.

As much as I hate the thought of trading out a round 12 player, for me the cash generation is more important. My analysis of our team indicated we still need to make some more money to permit us putting together a final 17 team of guns + 1 for cover.

Any of the other options we take (reversing trades or  dumping Xerri or Deardon) we sacrifice cash generation which IMO is worth multiple times more that the 20 - 30 points we are likely to lose by dumping Carty.

Also note bringing in Bateman its a trade we'd effectively pull next week or the week after anyway. So its not costing us a trade and actually it frees up more options for next week as we wouldnt have to try and work our trades around getting Bateman as well as a bunch of others.

TLDR - Carty the obvious out IMO.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 31, 2019 11:09 am

Man the voting behaviour of our forum is fucked. 1 poll we really dont want Bateman, the next we really do want Bateman, and now it looks like we may have changed our minds, again. Its a debacle really! Are we actually putting the best team together based on collective views or is it pretty much finger in the wind and go with what ever way it takes us on the day. Bizarre!
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri May 31, 2019 11:13 am

I've voted to wait a week because I doubt his score will exceed his b/e & he'll be the go next week. I don't agree with selling Cartwright because any points no matter how small are important in the bye rounds.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 31, 2019 11:13 am

Makes it hard to plan multiple weeks ahead when we can't plan 1 day ahead.

Is it the same people voting on these polls and changing their mind, or are we getting different voters on different days
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 31, 2019 11:13 am

Is it the same people voting on these polls and changing their mind, or are we getting different voters on different days
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri May 31, 2019 11:14 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Man the voting behaviour of our forum is fucked. 1 poll we really dont want Bateman, the next we really do want Bateman, and now it looks like we may have changed our minds, again. Its a debacle really! Are we actually putting the best team together based on collective views or is it pretty much finger in the wind and go with what ever way it takes us on the day. Bizarre!
    The poll has been up 40 minutes. Maybe wait until there are more than 7 votes...
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Fri May 31, 2019 11:15 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Man the voting behaviour of our forum is fucked. 1 poll we really dont want Bateman, the next we really do want Bateman, and now it looks like we may have changed our minds, again. Its a debacle really! Are we actually putting the best team together based on collective views or is it pretty much finger in the wind and go with what ever way it takes us on the day. Bizarre!

I think Milchy's post above explained all the ramifications in the most clear and concise way so perhaps people are only just realising? I've been in the wait a week camp and will continue to be but if we're trading I really don't care who it is out of those 3 (I'd personally vote Xerri but don't mind any of the options)
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri May 31, 2019 11:17 am

White Lightning wrote:I've voted to wait a week because I doubt his score will exceed his b/e & he'll be the go next week. I don't agree with selling Cartwright because any points no matter how small are important in the bye rounds.
    That's my thinking as well.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 31, 2019 11:23 am

Milchy wrote:

100%!! I have no idea. My vote on Bateman has been consistent throughout. The problem is, IMO, we have people voting without really thinking about what it means for the the team and/or reading the poll instructions.

The first poll was flawed because IMO people didnt vote, so we didnt know what % wanted Bateman and what % didnt.
    The second poll was flawed because people voted, it appears, without any thought around who would they trade out.
    I personally think this vote is flawed because people now aren't thinking to what the ramifications of this decision means for next week.

When you look at our team, we are gonna be log jammed trading guys out next week. Without looking at the numbers I suspect we will be in a big hurry to get out Carty, Rein, Sivo, & CNK (perhaps not Rein, but 3 people out into 2 trades doesn't work). Then there are likely gonna be more than two players we will really want to jump on next week as well.

We can actually deal with next week's problems by going Carty to Bateman this week. But I suspect most aren't thinking that far ahead.

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 31, 2019 11:24 am

Krump wrote:
    The poll has been up 40 minutes. Maybe wait until there are more than 7 votes...

How about the two other polls which have been up for days and are completely conflicting? Agree on this poll, its too early to call it, but still....
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 31, 2019 11:28 am

White Lightning wrote:I've voted to wait a week because I doubt his score will exceed his b/e & he'll be the go next week. I don't agree with selling Cartwright because any points no matter how small are important in the bye rounds.

Yeah but wouldnt Bateman's score likely equal Carty's, probably better it? Confused by that logic.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 31, 2019 11:31 am

Looking to future weeks.

Carty, assuming he stays on the bench, is the most urgent trade out.

Rein lasts until Peats comes back. If Rein then drops out of the 17 we can wait a week to trade him without losing money. If he is benched we need to trade him ASAP.

Young, assuming he gets benched for Bateman, will need selling quickly. He has a low BE now, but if he gets benched this round, that will quickly disappear, and he will both lose cash and have unplayable scores.

CNK is no urgent trade out. Assuming he maintains current scoring we can wait until an option (RTS, TTurbo most likely) becomes available at a good price.

Sivo is a hot and cold scorer. He is just as likely to bust out a 70 as a 20. Going to be a bit of luck and guesswork trading him out at his peak. May or may not be in the next couple of weeks.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 31, 2019 11:38 am

It's hard with polls, perhaps we just get different people voting on different days.
    I don't think you can necessarily assume people have gone "ooh shiny" on Bateman one day, and then changed they'd minds the next day once they see what it actually means.
    Most people don't have easy access to the team lineup and cash when making decisions and might make faulty assumptions. I know sometimes I confuse myself about which players my personal team owns and which ones are in the community team.

It's also clear that the wording and options in the polls can influence choices.
    Time commitments mean we can't always have completely exhaustive polls on every option every week. And we can't have polls running for days.
    Not sure what the solution is. Just thank God we didn't have Martin to worry about last night
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 31, 2019 11:48 am

Milchy wrote:
    It's hard with polls, perhaps we just get different people voting on different days.
    I don't think you can necessarily assume people have gone "ooh shiny" on Bateman one day, and then changed they'd minds the next day once they see what it actually means.
    Most people don't have easy access to the team lineup and cash when making decisions and might make faulty assumptions. I know sometimes I confuse myself about which players my personal team owns and which ones are in the community team.

It's also clear that the wording and options in the polls can influence choices.
    Time commitments mean we can't always have completely exhaustive polls on every option every week. And we can't have polls running for days.
    Not sure what the solution is. Just thank God we didn't have Martin to worry about last night

Yup, and this is important, no point complaining about it without an alternative.

I will be interested to hear what the powers that be come up with for next year... I personally think it should be a smaller group of people running the team each year (a different group each year) perhaps 3 or 5 with an agreed upon goal/startegy for risk that they all buy into and attempt to execute. The group of course would take into consideration all team feedback and suggestions which would be open to everyone, even having pools etc to gauge opinions. But ultimately the decision making would rest with them. I think this would permit a strategy that could go beyond planning week by week to having some common direction and the ability to execute a 2 week plan and bye planning etc.

This has been an interesting experiment but I'm not sure its worked too well.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri May 31, 2019 11:56 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Yup, and this is important, no point complaining about it without an alternative.

I will be interested to hear what the powers that be come up with for next year... I personally think it should be a smaller group of people running the team each year (a different group each year) perhaps 3 or 5 with an agreed upon goal/startegy for risk that they all buy into and attempt to execute. The group of course would take into consideration all team feedback and suggestions which would be open to everyone, even having pools etc to gauge opinions. But ultimately the decision making would rest with them. I think this would permit a strategy that could go beyond planning week by week to having some common direction and the ability to execute a 2 week plan and bye planning etc.

This has been an interesting experiment but I'm not sure its worked too well.
    It's worked well enough that we'll be the leading celeb team come lockout. Personally I'm against anything that takes away from the community aspect of the team and everyone having somewhat equal input no matter how frustrating that input can be at times.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 31, 2019 12:11 pm

Just to continue the conversation from the other thread @Krump.

My argument for Bateman this week is exactly yours, if money isn't an issue you should get him.

I guess that's where we differ here, cause IMO, and my analysis, money isn't an issue for this team. We have all the cash generation we need.

I guess thats why Im pushing so hard to get him this week.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 31, 2019 12:13 pm

Krump wrote:
    It's worked well enough that we'll be the leading celeb team come lockout. Personally I'm against anything that takes away from the community aspect of the team and everyone having somewhat equal input no matter how frustrating that input can be at times.

Yeah man, I get that for sure. Although I think it would be quite fun to watch a small team of fantasy experts, different each year, with a different strategic basis, running the team as well. Was just throwing it out there as an alternative, rather than just complaining Smile
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri May 31, 2019 12:19 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Just to continue the conversation from the other thread @Krump.

My argument for Bateman this week is exactly yours, if money isn't an issue you should get him.

I guess that's where we differ here, cause IMO, and my analysis, money isn't an issue for this team. We have all the cash generation we need.

I guess thats why Im pushing so hard to get him this week.
    God damn it I was going off your post on Wednesday saying we didn't have the cash Laugh 3 With Brittain and Havili in since then I'm assuming you think Havili is gonna make 150-200k? I don't think we can rely on Brittain being anymore than a cashout.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:48 am