NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL Fantasy

Welshy
    Welshy

NFL Fantasy  - Page 9 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy

Post by Welshy Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:35 pm

Random wrote:

Wait was that you? Well lol. Make more drafts like that this year please.

haha yup to be fair Lacy was a fucking gun until he decided to take extra shares in dunkin' donuts

Deuces
    Deuces

Post by Deuces Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:03 pm

I'm sweet with ESPN as the fantasy provider.

Just give me a heads up on positions and numbers for each and I'll be sweet.

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:17 pm

Deuces wrote:I'm sweet with ESPN as the fantasy provider.

Just give me a heads up on positions and numbers for each and I'll be sweet.

Will do mate no worries!

position numbers will be determined on the league size, currently aiming for 3 8 team leagues, if we can't get that either 2 8 team leagues or 2 10 team leagues! spread the word
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:06 pm

I suggest for any newbies to sign up to espn fantasy football, will post the link on page 1

and take part in the mock drafts, all free and gives you a good idea of how a normal draft pans out and who goes where etc

currently doing one and will post up the team I get later
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:33 pm

Jumped in an 8 team snake league which is the likely size of our league set-ups and had the 3rd pick. Here is the team and the round picks

1. Le'veon Bell RB
    2. Lamar Miller RB
    3. Mark Ingram RB
    4. Mike Evans WR
    5. Jarvis Landry WR
    6. Russell Wilson QB
    7. Travis Kelce TE
    8. Jay Ajayi RB
    9. Sterling Shepherd WR
    10. Melvin Gordon RB
    11. Allen Hurns WR
    12. Jimmy Graham TE
    13. Stephen Gostkowski K
    14. Devin Funchess WR
    15. Broncos D/ST
    16. Steve Smith Sr. WR

First round went like this

1. Antonio Brown WR
    2. Odell Beckham Jr WR
    3. Le'Veon Bell RB
    4. Adrian Peterson RB
    5. Julio Jones WR
    6. DeAndre Hopkins WR
    7. Ezekiel Elliott RB
    8. Dez Bryant WR

very happy with how my draft turned out. Kelce was probably early but Gronk, Olsen and Reed had gone and I don't trust the other TE's
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:25 pm

Count me in if there's room.

I'm not a big NFL fan but have played fantasy with my work collegues the last two years.  Made it to the finals last year and lost by 0.5, ouch indeed.

Not a bad draft there Welshy.  Jimmy Graham fucked me last year, but I had Hurns who is a beast.  Dez Bryant went in the first round, wow.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:44 am

Have 16 participants already will split into 2 leagues of 8...any further interest will get added evenly into each league.

*if we get another 8, I will split the last 8 entered into another league to create 3.

Is everyone okay with a complete mix or is everyone more comfortable with all newbies in one league?

I have added the link on the first page to the ESPN Fantasy page which is what we will be using
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:31 pm

Ok. So had a crack at the mock draft.

I ended up with:
    QB - Newton
    RB - Hyde
    RB - DeMarco Murray
    WR - Dez Bryant (my 1st rd, 11th pick)
    WR - Donte Moncrief
    TE - Gronk
    Flex - Rashard Jennings (RB)
    D/ST - Bengals
    K - Hauschka
    BE - Tyler Locket, Laquon Treadwell, Theo Riddick, Romo, Seferian-Jenkins, Anquan Boldin, Kieth Marshall

For a first crack at the title - my main observation (please correct me if I'm wrong):
    I sacrificed getting decent RBs and WR (Bryant aside) but snared the number 1 QB and TE. picked up good defence and kickers also.

From what I can tell, RB and WR are you point earners, right?
    Still some reading to do, but what are the spec teams/defences for (points wise)?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:00 pm

BroncHose wrote:Ok. So had a crack at the mock draft.

I ended up with:
    QB - Newton
    RB - Hyde
    RB - DeMarco Murray
    WR - Dez Bryant (my 1st rd, 11th pick)
    WR - Donte Moncrief
    TE - Gronk
    Flex - Rashard Jennings (RB)
    D/ST - Bengals
    K - Hauschka
    BE - Tyler Locket, Laquon Treadwell, Theo Riddick, Romo, Seferian-Jenkins, Anquan Boldin, Kieth Marshall

For a first crack at the title - my main observation (please correct me if I'm wrong):
    I sacrificed getting decent RBs and WR (Bryant aside) but snared the number 1 QB and TE. picked up good defence and kickers also.

From what I can tell, RB and WR are you point earners, right?
    Still some reading to do, but what are the spec teams/defences for (points wise)?
    Try doing an 8 team draft because it alters a lot of the picks mate as that's what we will
    Be doing, gets you a better feel! Don't draft a QB early, too many QBs score around the same and especially Newton who had an all
    World season last year which will be hard to get anywhere near again! Always concentrate on getting the best WRs and RBs you can mate, all 3 of your starters are not even tier 2 RBs, Bryant is elite though but Moncrief is a no.2 WR on his own team and a risk! Getting Gronk is fantastic what round did you get him in? He is far and a away the best TE in the game and fantasy! What position did you draft in mate?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:49 pm

Did not enjoy picking first much too long to wait inbetween picks. Top 3 pick Lev'Veon Bell might be suspended for the first 4 games of the season as well guys changes things at the top
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:16 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Try doing an 8 team draft because it alters a lot of the picks mate as that's what we will
    Be doing, gets you a better feel! Don't draft a QB early, too many QBs score around the same and especially Newton who had an all
    World season last year which will be hard to get anywhere near again! Always concentrate on getting the best WRs and RBs you can mate, all 3 of your starters are not even tier 2 RBs, Bryant is elite though but Moncrief is a no.2 WR on his own team and a risk! Getting Gronk is fantastic what round did you get him in? He is far and a away the best TE in the game and fantasy! What position did you draft in mate?

Good feedback - cheers
    I was posn 11. I think I got gronk in second and Cam in fourth. Hyde was the highest rank on offer (hey, at least haynes not there to take his minutes - tic)
    I can see it will certainly come down to knowing the unknown's. Once the guys I knew about had gone, it came down to the auto picks and next best ranks.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:04 pm

BroncHose wrote:

Good feedback - cheers
    I was posn 11. I think I got gronk in second and Cam in fourth. Hyde was the highest rank on offer (hey, at least haynes not there to take his minutes - tic)
    I can see it will certainly come down to knowing the unknown's. Once the guys I knew about had gone, it came down to the auto picks and next best ranks.
    Not bad at all then mate! Yes have to do the research, check all the sites for sleeper picks and look at average draft position for help with all the later rounds because you are aiming for high upside guys who can come in and do a job if your starters go down or to use for trade bait later on mate! Buzzing for this draft already and it's a while away yet ha
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:05 pm

Can do the mock drafts on the ESPN fantasy football app as well now which is handy!
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:30 am

Welshy wrote:Did not enjoy picking first much too long to wait inbetween picks. Top 3 pick Lev'Veon Bell might be suspended for the first 4 games of the season as well guys changes things at the top

Yep always hate being at the ends in any draft contest. Make a it much harder to adjust draft as things happen and means you either find yourself on the ends of runs or you over pay I find
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:57 am

Beast From The Big East wrote:

Yep always hate being at the ends in any draft contest. Make a it much harder to adjust draft as things happen and means you either find yourself on the ends of runs or you over pay I find

You had a bash at the mocks yet fella? Been trying a few in different slots to see whats generally available where? Was in one last night where David Johnson went 2 overall! Wowsers!

went first again in another and got an outstanding draft.

can only see 1 person worthy of the No.1 pick and that's Antonio Brown
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:01 am

Welshy wrote:

You had a bash at the mocks yet fella? Been trying a few in different slots to see whats generally available where ? Was in one last night where David Johnson went 2 overall! Wowsers!

went first again in another and got an outstanding draft.

can only see 1 person worthy of the No.1 pick and that's Antonio Brown

Hopefully the missus doesn't find out mate lol!

Na haven't had a crack yet but plan to at some point this week
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:13 am

Hopefully the missus doesn't find out mate  lol!

Na haven't had a crack yet but plan to at some point this week

Haha you prat!

whose your top 3?
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:02 am

Welshy wrote:

Haha you prat!

whose your top 3?

Only one I would probably lock in at the moment is Antonio really. I'm not sure if I see Freeman emulating last year and with Bell out, Peterson a year older and Charles injury history in the last few years I'm thinking it could be a WR heavy 1st round. Potentially take someone like Gronk a little early (not top 3 early) but still earlier than usual and look for some later value in the RB's.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:07 am

Only one I would probably lock in at the moment is Antonio really. I'm not sure if I see Freeman emulating last year and with Bell out, Peterson a year older and Charles injury history in the last few years I'm thinking it could be a WR heavy 1st round. Potentially take someone like Gronk a little early (not top 3 early) but still earlier than usual and look for some later value in the RB's.

Gronk R1 without Brady for 4 games? Ooooff that is a call mate!

Really would like Charles to go well but he is so injury prone, been an incredible player for the chiefs and a thorn in the chargers side for many a year!
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:03 am

Welshy wrote:

Gronk R1 without Brady for 4 games? Ooooff that is a call mate!

Really would like Charles to go well but he is so injury prone, been an incredible player for the chiefs and a thorn in the chargers side for many a year!

Even without Brady Gronk is still head and shoulders above any other TE in the game. Would normally peg him back a few picks but I can see the top RB's being a bit of a lottery this year that if the WR's go high then taking someone like Gronk just before the turn could be a great move, pair him with either an elite RB or the 5th or so WR and then look for some slightly undervalued talent in the 3rd and 4th

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:50 am