NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 33

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 33 - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 33

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:26 am

Edwards has to leave my team and Haas has to join it.

That doesnt leave the money for a lot else unfortunately.
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:26 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:I can do Fifita/Edwards > Cook/Haas this week

Then next week Bird/Brown > Ponga/Cow

Don't know about 2016, but last year I was very much tempted to start a spreadsheet to keep track of all your attempted Trades. The idea was to track whether your first trade ( the first one after lockout), the middle of the week trade ideas or the last minute panic trades worked better for you.

Eventually didn't do it as I wasn't sure how you will take it Smile
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:28 am

sajjos wrote:

Don't know about 2016, but last year I was very much tempted to start a spreadsheet to keep track of all your attempted Trades. The idea was to track whether your first trade ( the first one after lockout), the middle of the week trade ideas or the last minute panic trades worked better for you.

Eventually didn't do it as I wasn't sure how you will take it Smile

Haha that would have been really helpful!

I wouldnt worry about my feelings, i cant find you after all
    Joey Superior
    Joey Superior

Post by Joey Superior Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:28 am

Rabbit wrote:

He got well and truly trashed a few pages back. Btw, he didn’t belt his missus. He was “protecting her from herself”......a saint.

Hahaha I thought we paid a great tribute in regards to the banner. Didn't have time to go fishing or golfing so trolling it was.. I believe it was you that said if you don't like what you saw block and ignore?

Anyways....................

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 33 - Page 49 Giphy
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:29 am

I purchased L. Lewis 2 weeks ago & already he's pissing me off. I probably didn't realise/understand that Cogger would start stealing his points. It seems to me that the role of L. Lewis has changed & it's resulting in less points for Lewis. If he scores less than 40 points this week I might kick him to the curb.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:36 am

I just went into the Kennel forum & the first thing I read is people saying Lewis is crap & should be dropped. Haha just a couple of games ago he was the golden child on the Kennel.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:37 am

Joey Superior wrote:

Hahaha I thought we paid a great tribute in regards to the banner. Didn't have time to go fishing or golfing so trolling it was.. I believe it was you that said if you don't like what you saw block and ignore?

Anyways....................

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 33 - Page 49 Giphy

Wasn’t aimed at you or anyone in particular mate, but he has copped a severe belting on social media and here. People forget how brilliant, fast, strong and talented he was. Someone even said he wasn’t in the top 10 they’d watched in the recent past. If people watch the highlight video I’ve posted, I think they may change statements like that. Without Inglis, my beloved Souths would never have won the Comp in 2014. He truly was a superstar in every sense of the word. Anyway, that’s me done. Time for golf.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:39 am

White Lightning wrote:I purchased L. Lewis 2 weeks ago & already he's pissing me off. I probably didn't realise/understand that Cogger would start stealing his points. It seems to me that the role of L. Lewis has changed & it's resulting in less points for Lewis. If he scores less than 40 points this week I might kick him to the curb.
    Ditto. Was always a risk something changed with Cogger, but seemed unlikely and was one of those punts you take. It might just be a coincidence though so worth the extra week. Just hurts more because Carty/CHT are scoring similar.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:44 am

Rabbit wrote:

Wasn’t aimed at you or anyone in particular mate, but he has copped a severe belting on social media and here. People forget how brilliant, fast, strong and talented he was. Someone even said he wasn’t in the top 10 they’d watched in the recent past. If people watch the highlight video I’ve posted, I think they may change statements like that. Without Inglis, my beloved Souths would never have won the Comp in 2014. He truly was a superstar in every sense of the word. Anyway, that’s me done. Time for golf.
    Will always respect GI’s speed. People didn’t realise just how fast he was because he wasn’t the quickest mover to the eye but they guy over a distance was absolutely rapid. Would travel like he was going half pace and cover the ground ridiculously.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:50 am

Rabbit wrote:

I know you're getting a bit long in the tooth Rabs but how long does it take you to play a round these days ? You're playing golf today and Rabbit's round up wont be up till Thursday ? You playing 9 holes a day or what ? You know they have golf carts right ?? Or is Wednesday recovery from the 19th day ?
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:51 am

Rabbit wrote:

Yeah, like with everything else, the recency bias is coming to play. He was a beast for most of his career.

Last year and this year, the injuries had taken a toll on him mentally and NRL/Souths had been doing right thing by supporting him (whenever they can) but they are the ones who are copping it now on social media.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:52 am

GreenMachine wrote:
    Will always respect GI’s speed. People didn’t realise just how fast he was because he wasn’t the quickest mover to the eye but they guy over a distance was absolutely rapid. Would travel like he was going half pace and cover the ground ridiculously.

A small thing of note to me with GI and his speed was he would go straight when required within a break he made, timed it perfectly and got away from the chasers more as a result.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:55 am

Rabbit wrote:

Amazing player people always remember recently unfortunately. Boyd getting all those tries in origin certainly wasn’t because of Boyd’s skills 

I always hated him playing the broncos because he’d always find a way to tear them apart.. admittedly that’s getting easier and easier to do each year
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:59 am

White Lightning wrote:I purchased L. Lewis 2 weeks ago & already he's pissing me off. I probably didn't realise/understand that Cogger would start stealing his points. It seems to me that the role of L. Lewis has changed & it's resulting in less points for Lewis. If he scores less than 40 points this week I might kick him to the curb.

Besides Cogger kicking a bit more than Foran, teams have targeted Lewis in the last two rounds by putting pressure so his kicks haven't found the distance or he is forced to pass and they have been caught out few times on the last tackle. It's anyone guess if Dean Pay comes up with some counter play to negate that.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:07 am

P51 GI appreciation party ?
    luckynumber8
    luckynumber8

Post by luckynumber8 Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:09 am

White Lightning wrote:The only way I can get Twal into my team is to lose Burr. I would say Burr still has much more money to make & he's gradually adding the extra's into his game like the offload but if I don't do the trade this week the opportunity will be lost.
    Bird out - Haas in
    Burr out - Twal in

Thoughts & thanks.

Same boat for me, WL.

To get Haas and Twal in, I'd have to trade Lawrie and Burr. The BEs are so juicy but I don't know if they're worth passing up to get in the GOD that is Twal (and potential Demi-GOD, Haas).
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:10 am

sajjos wrote:

Besides Cogger kicking a bit more than Foran, teams have targeted Lewis in the last two rounds by putting pressure so his kicks haven't found the distance or he is forced to pass and they have been caught out few times on the last tackle. It's anyone guess if Dean Pay comes up with some counter play to negate that.

Agree 100% that teams have worked him out now. Lewis has to move more & execute his kicking quicker. Having said that because the Bulldogs pack has been dominated the last couple of weeks it makes it easier for the opposition to pressure Lewis. I think Cogger is kicking more due to this. What surprised me is in the 2nd half v Storm & last weeks game the left edge was really attacking well & they hardly saw any ball.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:16 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Edwards has to leave my team and Haas has to join it.

That doesnt leave the money for a lot else unfortunately.

What's the rest of your team look like? Can you just do that one trade and bank the cash for a week?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:20 am

Was their an injury that resulted in Garner playing 80 for the first time this season? or is it possible his role has changed?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:21 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

What's the rest of your team look like? Can you just do that one trade and bank the cash for a week?

After that one trade

Rein
    Fifita, Tolman
    Arrow, Murray, Gillett
    Morgan, Carty
    Bateman, Nikora
    Teddy, CNK, Sivo

Garner, Capewell, Lawrie, Haas
    Bird, Xerri, Ravalawa, Brown.

Second trade is looking likely to be Bird > Ponga.

Sorts out the CTR/WFB positions quite nicely. Still plenty of money to be made as well

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:30 pm