NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Golden Point

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Golden Point - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Point

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:44 am

One problem with golden try, is that if a penalty goal can't win it, then rules go out the window and you'll see glacial speed play the balls and offside players all the time, as conceding a penalty is much better than conceding a try.
    Already we see that a bit, and that is with 2 point penalty goals being an option.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:45 pm

Milchy wrote:
    One problem with golden try, is that if a penalty goal can't win it, then rules go out the window and you'll see glacial speed play the balls and offside players all the time, as conceding a penalty is much better than conceding a try.
    Already we see that a bit, and that is with 2 point penalty goals being an option.

i'd argue it would actually improve that element as refs are certainly conscious of the fact a penalty would end the game and golden point is just full of players offside the whole period knowing most refs don't have the balls.

i probably prefer golden try to golden point, i do think it still somewhat leads to almost as many field goal attempts but its gotta lead to some more attacking footy.

personally not a fan of getting a point for losing, i'd prefer an 80 minute draw
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:43 pm

WT Winfield wrote:In a golden try scenario, no points would be awarded for anything other than a try.

Unless you've got Greg Inglis out there, no one's gonna be kicking possession away on field goal and penalty goal attempts when they count for nothing.

So in the unlikely event that GI or anyone else does kick a field goal in that case, does the other team kickoff afterwards from half way like a normal field goal, or if field goal is no such thing does it restart with a 20m tap for kicking the ball going dead?

And No Worries, would the field goal be added for the +/-? If so, one team could keep kicking field goals to try and improve their +/-...
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:30 pm

In my world it's 0 points, 20m restart with only 6 tackles
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:49 pm

Dip wrote:

So in the unlikely event that GI or anyone else does kick a field goal in that case, does the other team kickoff afterwards from half way like a normal field goal, or if field goal is no such thing does it restart with a 20m tap for kicking the ball going dead?

And No Worries, would the field goal be added for the +/-?  If so, one team could keep kicking field goals to try and improve their +/-...

how many field goals can they realistically kick ? some teams battle to get one over

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:26 pm