NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 28

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 28 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 28

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:18 am

Verbal Kint wrote:

If Arrow shits the bed then I'll be flicking him for Crichton. Macca is on notice as well.

Yes, I'll be running out of trades very quickly if I keep this up.
    Similar thoughts re Arrow or to a decent half.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:19 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

We did exactly the same trades this week, and you are looking at the exact same three I want to target.. I've only $90k ITB so I'll employ a cash out / upgrade double trade strategy for the net three weeks I think.... Might be able to get all three in two weeks if someone like Arrow becomes a trade.

I guess next week depends in part how Ponga and James go. Angus hit his BE but even still another decent score won't push him too much higher.

Unlike you I dont have a pressing issue at any given position, But I do need to sort out by red dots and 16th and 17th men. Therefore I'll just be picking up whoever the Best dictate.

I've got 90k in the bank as well  Shocked

Suspect

I've got Lawrie as my 2nd FRF, which isn't too bad, but I rather have him in the NPR for cover and cash making
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:23 am

Hey R&T, maybe we can be this season's Zora & Verbal?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:28 am

This is not fantasy related but earlier today I was food shopping with my dad & we were leaving & this young girl was walking along with her head buried in her phone & she dropped something. She didn't even notice she was so engrossed in her phone & I politely yelled excuse me you dropped something. Anyway she says nothing turns around, picks up what she dropped & then just continues on her merry way head buried in phone. What pissed me off was no thank you or no acknowledgement or even looking at my direction. It seems she had no appreciation at all. One day she will cross the road, head buried in her phone & she'll get run over.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:29 am

Chewie wrote:Hey R&T, maybe we can be this season's Zora & Verbal?

Done!! I need to shave a few thousand ranking spots off where Im currently at though, so let me know if you can make that happen Smile

Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:29 am

Bit of a shame but Teddy was a buy this week. Anytime after now you're paying almost the same as the start of the season but you miss an 80 and a 60 score, he's out for round 12 and he'll be in Origin. If Ponga goes well this week he'll be the answer to a lot of prayers for some. It'll be interesting how the rest of the games go but Crichton will still be a buy next week. Interested to see how the Carty goes
    EJ24
    EJ24

Post by EJ24 Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:32 am

Crichton -14 in negatives in wet conditions, could have easily scored in the 70's or 80's in better conditions. Is now the time to bring him in for people looking to upgrade someone like lane?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:38 am

White Lightning wrote:This is not fantasy related but earlier today I was food shopping with my dad & we were leaving & this young girl was walking along with her head buried in her phone & she dropped something. She didn't even notice she was so engrossed in her phone & I politely yelled excuse me you dropped something. Anyway she says nothing turns around, picks up what she dropped & then just continues on her merry way head buried in phone. What pissed me off was no thank you or no acknowledgement or even looking at my direction. It seems she had no appreciation at all. One day she will cross the road, head buried in her phone & she'll get run over.

I feel ya mate...Some people are just fuck-witts.

I've got a similar story... I had just parked my car on a hill in the wet in Dunedin in a student area and was walking to work when I noticed a woman about to try and parallel park into a space that had been taken up in part by a couple rubbish bags, one of which had split open. So I thought I'd do a good deed and dragged the main bag out of the way and onto the pavement, and then gave the broken one a bit of a kick to move that a bit too. Didnt move it all the way off the road cause I didnt wanna pick up some students rubbish, but enough for her to park.

This woman gets out of her car, sarcastically says 'thanks very much' and proceeds by giving me shit for not moving the second bag completely. Here I was, going out of my way to pick up someone else's crap in the rain to help this lady, only to get an earful. I somewhat regret my response but its fair to say she copped it back 10 fold. Stupid woman, Im still pissed writing this almost a year later.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:43 am

White Lightning wrote:This is not fantasy related but earlier today I was food shopping with my dad & we were leaving & this young girl was walking along with her head buried in her phone & she dropped something. She didn't even notice she was so engrossed in her phone & I politely yelled excuse me you dropped something. Anyway she says nothing turns around, picks up what she dropped & then just continues on her merry way head buried in phone. What pissed me off was no thank you or no acknowledgement or even looking at my direction. It seems she had no appreciation at all. One day she will cross the road, head buried in her phone & she'll get run over.

This generation has legit been brought up on consuming content. They don't know any better and parents now have to realise how creating patterns of binge content consumption will stick if it's introduced so young. It's not just fear-mongering, but giving screens to children and adolescents is not good for their development. Their content should be limited until they're in their mid-to-late teens

EJ24 wrote:Crichton -14 in negatives in wet conditions, could have easily scored in the 70's or 80's in better conditions. Is now the time to bring him in for people looking to upgrade someone like lane?

I got Bateman for Lane this week but I'll be trading Macca to Crichton this week (touch wood nothing insane happens). I'll be down to one playable hooker but should be okay for the interim. Crichton was always going to come good once he got his starting gig.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:45 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Done!! I need to shave a few thousand ranking spots off where Im currently at though, so let me know if you can make that happen Smile

It's still early in the season, let's see how we go over the next few rounds
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:46 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I've got a similar story... I had just parked my car on a hill in the wet in Dunedin in a student area and was walking to work when I noticed a woman about to try and parallel park into a space that had been taken up in part by a couple rubbish bags, one of which had split open. So I thought I'd do a good deed and dragged the main bag out of the way and onto the pavement, and then gave the broken one a bit of a kick to move that a bit too. Didnt move it all the way off the road cause I didnt wanna pick up some students rubbish, but enough for her to park.

This woman gets out of her car, sarcastically says 'thanks very much' and proceeds by giving me shit for not moving the second bag completely. Here I was, going out of my way to pick up someone else's crap in the rain to help this lady, only to get an earful. I somewhat regret my response but its fair to say she copped it back 10 fold. Stupid woman, Im still pissed writing this almost a year later.

I love letting people know their blinkers don’t work. Immediately after they didn’t use their blinker on a roundabout.

It’s the little things that get me through the day
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:46 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Wow. What a b**** lol and people wonder why we don't get along. Gratitude and respect are highly undervalued. Dw that got my blood raised a little too

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:48 am

Greg Inglis is OUT of Saturday's clash with Manly, just confirmed by Wayne Bennett. Will be replaced by Jacob Gagan. Adam Reynolds and Cody Walker both fit to play. Story on @AAPNewswire #NRL
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:50 am

WT2K wrote:Greg Inglis is OUT of Saturday's clash with Manly, just confirmed by Wayne Bennett. Will be replaced by Jacob Gagan. Adam Reynolds and Cody Walker both fit to play. Story on @AAPNewswire #NRL

Can Inglis play for qld too? Absolute passenger this year
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:52 am

Glad I was able to get Teddy in this week (sold Burns to Xerri, Dedwards to Teddy), that 60 is really handy. Now all I need is Captain Munster to beat that against the Doggos on Sunday
    18th_Man
    18th_Man

Post by 18th_Man Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:52 am

Loving that display pic @WT2k
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:55 am

Thank god I missed the Bronco party this morning. Fuck we are shit.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:58 am

Pick 4 to play lane, Lawrie, Garner, rein or Mahoney?
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:59 am

EJ24 wrote:Crichton -14 in negatives in wet conditions, could have easily scored in the 70's or 80's in better conditions. Is now the time to bring him in for people looking to upgrade someone like lane?

Without the try he scores in the 40s.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:01 pm

Fortitude wrote:Pick 4 to play lane, Lawrie, Garner, rein or Mahoney?

Friz a chance of returning and potentially cutting into Lawrie's scores. I think Tigers are going to be fired up to stick it to Ivan so I'd definitely be playing Garner. Lane I feel is going to be boom or bust against the Sharks. A 60 with plenty of offloads or a 25 with next to nothing. Mahoney and Rein should do their job just fine.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:11 pm