NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy online simulation game

Poll

If a game was created that simulated NRL Fantasy, and was updated with player prices each year what would be a fair price for the online game?

[ 3 ]
    NRL Fantasy online simulation game Bar_left18%NRL Fantasy online simulation game Bar_right [18%] 
    [ 11 ]
    NRL Fantasy online simulation game Bar_left65%NRL Fantasy online simulation game Bar_right [65%] 
    [ 0 ]
    NRL Fantasy online simulation game Bar_left0%NRL Fantasy online simulation game Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    NRL Fantasy online simulation game Bar_left6%NRL Fantasy online simulation game Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 0 ]
    NRL Fantasy online simulation game Bar_left0%NRL Fantasy online simulation game Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    NRL Fantasy online simulation game Bar_left6%NRL Fantasy online simulation game Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 1 ]
    NRL Fantasy online simulation game Bar_left5%NRL Fantasy online simulation game Bar_right [5%] 

Total Votes: 17
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy online simulation game Empty NRL Fantasy online simulation game

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:59 pm

Seriously considering building an online NRL Fantasy simulator.

Each season we would update all the stats and pricing. Each player would receive a rating for their potential, risk of injury, PPM, minutes, position, selection chances etc.

The game would then simulate each round, with some randomness, for injuries, random players getting dropped / added during the season, minutes, their scores each round (which would also influence the chance they get dropped the next round).

Is it something that you would love to see happen? Please comment below.

Please vote in the poll above so I can gauge if there is genuine interest in the concept.
    Krump
    Krump

NRL Fantasy online simulation game Empty Re: NRL Fantasy online simulation game

Post by Krump Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:02 pm

A game based on a game thats based around another game Laugh 3 I'd try it.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:04 pm

Krump wrote:A game based on a game thats based around another game Laugh 3 I'd try it.

I think that there is likely to be a high level of crossover of those that love playing games for the sake of being a game and the NRL fantasy audience.

I love strategy games of all types, I think being able to simulate a season based on a common starting point that we are all so familiar with and spend so much time analyzing would be fun for many of us.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:06 pm

Probably not for me.

I might give an NRL equivalent of "Fifa Manager" a go, if it was against other real people (ie teams).
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:11 pm

my tv broke wrote:Probably not for me.

I might give an NRL equivalent of "Fifa Manager" a go, if it was against other real people (ie teams).

Thanks for the feedback, would look to do a play vs computer version and a play vs other players version.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:31 pm

Anything with fantasy simulation in the title sounds good
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:31 pm

my tv broke wrote:Probably not for me.

Asynchronous, simulated, player manager game?

It sounds like it should've been done already, but I'm dead keen!

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:31 pm

mattnz wrote:Seriously considering building an online NRL Fantasy simulator.

Each season we would update all the stats and pricing. Each player would receive a rating for their potential, risk of injury, PPM, minutes, position, selection chances etc.

The game would then simulate each round, with some randomness, for injuries, random players getting dropped / added during the season, minutes, their scores each round (which would also influence the chance they get dropped the next round).

Is it something that you would love to see happen? Please comment below.

Please vote in the poll above so I can gauge if there is genuine interest in the concept.

Wut? lol!
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:46 pm

No Worries wrote:Anything with fantasy stimulation in the title sounds good

fixed
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:19 pm

For the, errrrrr, more stately of us on here, are you able to explain it a bit differently please mate? And by differently, I mean simpler Embarassed . As a guide, you could use descriptors like:

broccoli
    clothes pegs
    gravel

In short, maybe a more intricate spiel would allow the concept to sink into my thick skull Very Happy

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:50 pm

SI wrote:For the, errrrrr, more stately of us on here, are you able to explain it a bit differently please mate?  And by differently, I mean simpler  Embarassed .  As a guide, you could use descriptors like:

broccoli
    clothes pegs
    gravel

In short, maybe a more intricate spiel would allow the concept to sink into my thick skull  Very Happy

Trying to think of a simple way to explain the concept.....

You would start the season by selecting a team. The basic elements of Fantasy would be there, and all the pricing etc would be the same as in the actual game.

Each player would have a set of assumed statistics that influence how they would score each week, likelihood of getting injured etc. i.e. Dugan and TPJ would be high risk of injury players.

Other factors that would have a rating for each player would be things like:
    PPM
    Consistency
    Ceiling
    Certainty of their place in the team

Each round fantasy points would be generated for what that player scored. You would be advised of minutes, any injuries, estimated time out with injury etc. Form slumps (low scores), would make a player's certainty of their place in the team lower and more likely to be dropped.

The above stats and if they were starting or on the bench would be used when randomizing the scoring each round. Players that are getting more minutes are more likely to continue to get higher minutes if they performed well.

TLT would be named each round and you trade players in and out, all the essential elements of the normal game.

There would be rumours, of which around half would be true, you dont know which half until they actually happen. There will of course be some random events like players that are doing great getting rumoured that they may be in line to play origin.

The game would progress round by round as you gradually upgrade your team and can see your rank against computer generated opponents, or other participants in the game. A game vs computer generated opponents would move as fast as you wanted to when you play each round. A game against other people would ideally have a version where each round would take about 5 minutes, so 25 rounds would take a couple of hours to play.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:13 pm

Sounds good.

What do you make the odds of a player getting caught sending dick pics to 17-year-olds on Twitter?
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:19 pm

Seems interesting. It would provide some practice for new fantasy players to get a glimpse of how life is in the fantasy world.
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:20 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Sounds good.

What do you make the odds of a player getting caught sending dick pics to 17-year-olds on Twitter?

2 in 3 players seems like reasonable odds.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:22 pm

Do you get extra points for the players having a good time ?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:23 pm

Thinking that any such incidents would need to be generic, rather than potentially starting unfounded rumours.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:29 pm

mattnz wrote:

Thinking that any such incidents would need to be generic, rather than potentially starting unfounded rumours.

Lol, yes. "Inappropriate behavior".
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:31 pm

Big papi whipped out his big papi and spun it around in a circular motion as a try celebration. Try is disallowed and he is sent off deduct 20 points.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:10 am

mattnz wrote:

Laugh 3
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:14 am

mattnz wrote:
    SI wrote:For the, errrrrr, more stately of us on here, are you able to explain it a bit differently please mate?  And by differently, I mean simpler  Embarassed .  As a guide, you could use descriptors like:

broccoli
    clothes pegs
    gravel

In short, maybe a more intricate spiel would allow the concept to sink into my thick skull  Very Happy

Trying to think of a simple way to explain the concept.....

You would start the season by selecting a team. The basic elements of Fantasy would be there, and all the pricing etc would be the same as in the actual game.

Each player would have a set of assumed statistics that influence how they would score each week, likelihood of getting injured etc. i.e. Dugan and TPJ would be high risk of injury players.

Other factors that would have a rating for each player would be things like:
    PPM
    Consistency
    Ceiling
    Certainty of their place in the team

Each round fantasy points would be generated for what that player scored. You would be advised of minutes, any injuries, estimated time out with injury etc. Form slumps (low scores), would make a player's certainty of their place in the team lower and more likely to be dropped.

The above stats and if they were starting or on the bench would be used when randomizing the scoring each round. Players that are getting more minutes are more likely to continue to get higher minutes if they performed well.

TLT would be named each round and you trade players in and out, all the essential elements of the normal game.

There would be rumours, of which around half would be true, you dont know which half until they actually happen. There will of course be some random events like players that are doing great getting rumoured that they may be in line to play origin.

The game would progress round by round as you gradually upgrade your team and can see your rank against computer generated opponents, or other participants in the game. A game vs computer generated opponents would move as fast as you wanted to when you play each round. A game against other people would ideally have a version where each round would take about 5 minutes, so 25 rounds would take a couple of hours to play.

So every week it would be a thing that we played for a bit? Based on what happened in the 'real' Fantasy NRL world?

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:54 pm