NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 Team Jerseys

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2019 Team Jerseys - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019 Team Jerseys

Post by No Worries Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:30 am

I think Pieman is refferring to the ITP logo and it's yellow square background that's about the size of the dot of the I on the NIB jersey.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:45 am

surmo13 wrote:Just make like Elsa and let it go princess, only thing I’m upset about is that it took this long to discover how much this gets under your skin, I could have been poking fun at Knights nibs jerseys for entertainment back when sportal still existed

surmbro, it will be a cold day in hell when you get under my skin. Im merely just pointing out the hypocrisy of it getting pointed out on the knights jersey, then it being totally ignored on other jerseys lol. Its nice to know that the knights jersey is so important to you mate, thats great. It must have really irked you over the last 2 years as well hey...

Ice wrote:

There Is nothing really wrong with the Raiders jersey, not that I particularly like it but The red logo goes fine with the Green or white of the respective jersey, it's not like a big square sticker has been placed as an afterthought over the top of the main design. I don't understand how you can't see the difference and the collective reason for the critisim of the poor Knights integration. It was potentially a great jersey ruined by the NIB sticker.
    You really think a big red huawei sign is integrated into the green raiders jersey?
    You think that OAK is integrated into the penrith jersey?

Of course the NIB one stands out, I can see why they did it though. You cant put red on red, you cant see black on blue - so the logical step is to make it the green - or make a blue patch and put it white. I think its common sense that they pay more to have their logo stand out too.

I mean fuck, the knights literally had the exact same logo in the same spot this year AND last year and not a single person mentioned it hahahah Fuck me dead.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:00 am

Pieman wrote:
    You really think a big red huawei sign is integrated into the green raiders jersey?

Yes to both because they've both been positioned to avoid the major design elements of the jerseys - horizontal stripes of contrasting colours in both cases. It's not slapped over the top of the jersey to the detriment of whatever is underneath it. There is zero integration and the jersey suffers because of it.

The WTs one isnt great for the same reason but at least theyve positioned it as low as possible, instead of jacking it up as far as possible.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:34 am

The white Panthers Jersey, particularly paired with the white shorts, and presumably white socks is horrendous in my opinion.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:19 am

Welcome to 2018 where grown men are arguing about fabric.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:44 am

ryno_ wrote:

Yes to both because they've both been positioned to avoid the major design elements of the jerseys - horizontal stripes of contrasting colours in both cases. It's not slapped over the top of the jersey to the detriment of whatever is underneath it. There is zero integration and the jersey suffers because of it.

The WTs one isnt great for the same reason but at least theyve positioned it as low as possible, instead of jacking it up as far as possible.
    Fuck it must have really rubbed you the wrong way the last 2 years too hey Surmbro, Absolute classic. Have you been bottling it up all this time and its just exploded out now? If you dont like it, who fkn cares haha. Im a knights fan and I like it. So I am more than happy to be a NIB rep. Totally hypocritical to point it out on the knights jersey and not on the raiders or on the Penrith one tho lol.

I dont like the wests tigers logo mainly because its not symmetrical, its more of a speech bubble sort of thing.

ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:43 pm

Pieman wrote:
    Fuck it must have really rubbed you the wrong way the last 2 years too hey Surmbro, Absolute classic. Have you been bottling it up all this time and its just exploded out now? If you dont like it, who fkn cares haha. Im a knights fan and I like it. So I am more than happy to be a NIB rep. Totally hypocritical to point it out on the knights jersey and not on the raiders or on the Penrith one tho lol.

I dont like the wests tigers logo mainly because its not symmetrical, its more of a speech bubble sort of thing.

I couldn't give 2 shits about it for the last 2 years or for the next 200. You could wear a burlap sack with the NIB logo drawn in with a spray paint stencil for all I care. For one reason or another jersey and logo design I love taking an interest in, for all teams in all leagues. If you do aswell, I recommend following Chris Creamer (http://www.sportslogos.net), he's pretty great.

Its just not hypocritical in the slightest, because the other jerseys you mentioned have the logo positioning adjusted to not clash with the design elements of the jersey. Notice how the OAK sits below the rainbow stripes and not in front of them? The NIB logo should be positioned like the Cowboys Toyota, to not clash with the pretty lines - then it'd be a good looking jersey. As it stands, its pretty terrible.

And yeah, the WT's sponsor asymmetrical logo is a bit annoying but its not the worst thing about it.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:51 pm

Honeysett wrote:Welcome to 2018 where grown men are arguing about fabric.

Prety rich from a bloke calling jersey's fabric
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:53 pm

Pieman wrote:

Bullshit. It's personal taste, there is no right or wrong.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:59 pm

Laughing it’s a shame betting agencies don’t offer odds on Internet forum arguments, putting everything I own on ‘pieman compares apples with oranges and calls me a hypocrite for not agreeing with him that they are the exact same thing’ would’ve paid for the rest of my life by now

EDIT: i just noticed i've rattled him that much he thinks he's arguing with me when i'm not even here Laughing brilliant, quit while you're behind nibman
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:16 am

Pieman wrote:

surmbro, it will be a cold day in hell when you get under my skin. Im merely just pointing out the hypocrisy of it getting pointed out on the knights jersey, then it being totally ignored on other jerseys lol. Its nice to know that the knights jersey is so important to you mate, thats great. It must have really irked you over the last 2 years as well hey...

Of course the NIB one stands out, I can see why they did it though. You cant put red on red, you cant see black on blue - so the logical step is to make it the green - or make a blue patch and put it white. I think its common sense that they pay more to have their logo stand out too.

I mean fuck, the knights literally had the exact same logo in the same spot this year AND last year and not a single person mentioned it hahahah Fuck me dead.

They are far better intergrated, yes, absolutely no doubt about it, it's graphic design 101. You're surely not suggesting a one colour logo (as garish as the logo is) on a single colour background (red on green, or red on white) that doesn't cover any of the design aspects of the jersey is similar to 4 colour hodgepodge of a green square with white writing stuck on blue and red stripes right over the top of the main part of a jersey?

As to last year and this year, I can't recall the discussion, but I can tell you right now, I didn't like the Knights jersey with the NIB all over it last year and it's still shite this year. In terms of last year one of my comments was this re the Parra logo.............But interms of the new sponsor, I like their logo. It is a million times better than say, NIB, Oak, Brydens, KIA, URM and even the black spot Fujitsu............

Looking back at that thread, I liked the Knights jersey, like I do this year in, i just hate that the NIB logo ruins it, which it does, all All sponsors off all jerseys and Newie have one of the best, but add them in and it goes downhill. Interestingly, looking at last years. The Bulldogs had KIA higher and have dropped it lower this year, the Panthers got the message, they had OAK far too high last year,this year the jersey is waaaay better. And oddly enough, one of the worst jersey was the Blues jersey, and who where the sponsors????? Brydens Lawyers and NIB, hahaha, classic.

Last edited by Ice on Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:22 am

Pieman, with all due respect, you continuing to argue this one would be a bit like me continuing to argue Hayne isn't a douche who hasn't totally screwed his career. Seriously, what a fucking waste his career is.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:14 am

Krump wrote:
    Bullshit. It's personal taste, there is no right or wrong.

Well its hypocritical to say - this thing ruins the jersey - but not mention it when its near exactly the same thing on others.
    And absolutely, yes, its personal taste. Totally agree.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:30 am

surmo13 wrote:Laughing it’s a shame betting agencies don’t offer odds on Internet forum arguments, putting everything I own on ‘pieman compares apples with oranges and calls me a hypocrite for not agreeing with him that they are the exact same thing’ would’ve paid for the rest of my life by now

EDIT: i just noticed i've rattled him that much he thinks he's arguing with me when i'm not even here Laughing brilliant, quit while you're behind nibman

You literally had a post about it right at the bottom of the last page. Weird post. Considering you 2 were carrying on about the same thing, there was no need to quote both... very imaginative though bud.

Cool mate - shouldnt you be somewhere championing stopping the game immediately for head knocks against bronco players?

Ice wrote:

They are far better intergrated, yes, absolutely no doubt about it, it's graphic design 101. You're surely not suggesting a one colour logo (as garish as the logo is) on a single colour background (red on green, or red on white) that doesn't cover any of the design aspects of the jersey is similar to 4 colour hodgepodge of a green square with white writing stuck on blue and red stripes right over the top of the main part of a jersey?

As to last year and this year, I can't recall the discussion, but I can tell you right now, I didn't like the Knights jersey with the NIB all over it last year and it's still shite this year. In terms of last year one of my comments was this re the Parra logo.............But interms of the new sponsor, I like their logo. It is a million times better than say, NIB, Oak, Brydens, KIA, URM and even the black spot Fujitsu............

Looking back at that thread, I liked the Knights  jersey, like I do this year in, i just hate that the NIB logo ruins it, which it does, all All sponsors off all jerseys and Newie have one of the best, but add them in and it goes downhill. Interestingly, looking at last years. The Bulldogs had KIA higher and have dropped it lower this year, the Panthers got the message, they had OAK far too high last year,this year the jersey is waaaay better. And oddly enough, one of the worst jersey was the Blues jersey, and who where the sponsors????? Brydens Lawyers and NIB, hahaha, classic.

I have said that it stands out.... I just also think that the raiders on and penrith ones in particular are in the same boat. If you dont think they are, thats fine. I do.

I mean fuck, Im a knights fan and I am happy with the jersey. If you others dont like it, who cares really.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:01 am

Ice wrote:And oddly enough, one of the worst jersey was the Blues jersey, and who where the sponsors????? Brydens Lawyers and NIB, hahaha, classic.

Speaking of...

NSW AWAY JERSEY

WTF is going on with having a SoO away jersey? Aside from looking terrible and being the jersey of a team of fucking no hopers... since when does SoO need an alternate jersey to avoid clashes? And given the QLD jersey is a dark maroon how is having dark blue a better outcome then having light blue?

And, funnily enough, the NIB logo on that one is also fucked - but it sits too low (as opposed to Newcastle's too high) on the sleeve and clashes with the Chevron on the sleeve.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:42 am

Isn't it just a supporter option that won't be worn in games?
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:53 am

Krump wrote:Isn't it just a supporter option that won't be worn in games?

Maybe. Those kits are usually sold/promoted as a "training" shirt though. Like this, this, or this.

That "alternate" is a full on jersey. $180 is a lot of coin to drop on a jersey that won't ever be worn.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:53 am

It better not be worn in games because it's fucking horrendous. As for no hopers, we're the champions - who's your daddy, Ryno?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:33 am

Krump wrote:Isn't it just a supporter option that won't be worn in games?

I thought I read somewhere it was what they werte wearing in Perth
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:49 pm

No Worries wrote:

I thought I read somewhere it was what they werte wearing in Perth
    Bugger

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:13 am