NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 2 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by No Worries Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:23 pm

Interseting info graph in yesterdays paper. Other than the storm last year every team in about the last decade that goes on to win the premiership has dropped 2-3 games of their last 5.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 2 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by my tv broke Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:16 am

No Worries wrote:Interseting info graph in yesterdays paper. Other than the storm last year every team in about the last decade that goes on to win the premiership has dropped 2-3 games of their last 5.

Yeah, happens every year. Its weird that comms/media don't pick up on it more often. Eg souths and roosters losing a few games lately, is largely meaningless.

Hopefully for the Broncos, we get away with a fairly comfortable win on Sunday. Don't want it too easy, but also don't want to blow ourselves out. A competitive first half, with manly packing up after half time would be good. AKA the game last night.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:21 pm

I think another thumping at the hands of Manly would be great for Brissy. Really give them a good shakeup and scare. Plus it would see the media write them off which would be perfect fuel for Bennett to use. The old underdog/siege mentality trick. Nobody does it better than Wayne.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:33 am

the only potential week 1 match-up that scares me is the Warriors in NZ, early this year was an aberration - The Warriors love putting a score on the Broncos in front of the home crowd, thankfully it seems unlikely to occur from here, though i would like the Dragons to either win, or lose by under 13 so i don't have the stress of live ladder watching during the Manly game.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:13 pm

surmo13 wrote:the only potential week 1 match-up that scares me is the Warriors in NZ, early this year was an aberration - The Warriors love putting a score on the Broncos in front of the home crowd, thankfully it seems unlikely to occur from here, though i would like the Dragons to either win, or lose by under 13 so i don't have the stress of live ladder watching during the Manly game.

and done, now to put 24 on the Eagles and get the Dragons at Suncorp
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:02 am

surmo13 wrote:

if you haven't seen it, don't rely on this morons illusions for your fill-in, i wish i could find a clip of it, but it wasn't in the act of scoring a try so there was no 8-pointer available. Basically Turbo made a half-break and Offa was running across to cover defend, the player Turbo beat initially had a second grab from behind, got him by the legs and brought him down just as Offa got there and Turbo's head collected his knee as he was falling down.

Offa wasn't leading or striking with the knee and there wasn't anything Offa could've done differently from his position, it was just an unfortunate accident and that's why it wasn't penalised - an actual accident, two weeks ago this moron was campaigning accidents shouldn't be a penalty, but then there wasn't a Bronco to penalise then, and it was not a reckless penalizable 'accident', where a player launches himself with his arms out wide like he's pretending to be an aeroplane at the head/neck area of an opponent with his head turned the opposite way, and if he so happens to knock the intended target out with any other part of his body than his shoulder, then *shrugs* 'oops, it was just an accident, you shouldn't penalize me' Rolling Eyes

if you need any further convincing, just consider how every post-Broncos game conversation has gone this year, if Offa had recklessly and/or maliciously K.O'd Tom fuckin' Turbo, it would've been the only thing talked about from the Sydney contingent of the media and NRL fan-base, the fact that you haven't seen it and i can't find screenshots or video should speak volumes, the only people who wanted it penalized weren't people that wanted so on it's own merit, but simply as a weird not-at-all-comparable payback for Napa being a brain-dead neanderthal.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/sea-eagles/tom-trbojevic-has-ended-his-season-with-a-suspected-fractured-eye-socket/news-story/5fa04352afa6501a69e29bf42f70e343

geez .. was literally the first thing that came up when I googled Tom trbojevic knock out.. skillz mate

With the way they have ruled this year - the Rapana elbow, the Napa head clashes etc, accidents have been penalised. He kneed the bloke in the head, the only contact he made really was with his knee to the head, if it was scoring a try it would clearly and indisputably be an 8 pt try (if you argue that you are just wrong) so why wasnt it a penalty? He absolutely lead with his knees, he slid in slater style which you arent allowed to do. Wasnt reckless?? If you want to go down that path, the guy lands and the only place he makes contact with his knee into Trbo's head.

In relation to the Napa shit - apparently we cant blame the defender at all and the tackler has all of the duty of care over the defender, so its the defenders responsibility to not knee him in he head.

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:38 am

Pieman wrote:he slid in slater style

When you base your argument around an incorrect statement to begin with, the rest of it falls away pretty quickly.

Pretty wild how the article claims it "ended his season". He plays for Manly. His "season" was never going to trouble September in the first place.

Pieman wrote:apparently we cant blame the defender at all and the tackler has all of the duty of care over the defender, so its the defenders responsibility to not knee him in he head.
    Pieman wrote:apparently we cant blame the defender at all
    Pieman wrote:its the defenders responsibility to not knee him in he head.

Stick to 1 thought at a time.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:09 pm

did he finish the game? it ended his season early.

Sorry buddy, I fucked up a few words. We cant blame the guy with the ball at all apparently - its all up to the defender to not hit him in the head. Do you disagree????? lol cool, didnt think so, so that means the defender has the responsibility to not hit Trbo in the head.

if you want to go back to the attack defence stuff - if it was in the roosters attacking half, napa was the attacker and sims was the defender even tho sims had the ball lol, so technically - I was right, depending on what case you look at, if u want to use that shithouse wording from the NRL lol

what, he didnt come in with his knees????? wtf did you watch? he lands in with his knees, pretty clearly and pretty obviously. The first thing he hits is Trbo's face with his knee, sooooo.. nah didnt come in with his knees hey... Sleep
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:12 pm

regardless of which side of the fence you sit re the napa incidents. if you can't tell the difference between that and the ttrbo tackle, they you are either trolling or blinded by bias. they are not comparable in any way.

NRL coming down on accidents caused by the reckless acts of players like napa is not an indication that every single accident has to see a charge, fuck me pieman.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:25 pm

I don't know what battle you're trying to fight Pieman but you're using nerf bullets.

Last edited by Honeysett on Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:25 pm

look at it this way -

if trbo is not in a position to score a try and is already being tackled and is essentially already on the ground, why did he come in with his knees like that? what was he ever going to achieve? what was the purpose of coming in like that? He sure as fuck didnt trip and land on his face.

So
    1, why did he come in when he did?
    2, what happened, how did he do it? Was it safe? Was it within the rules?
    3, what was the result? Did his action directly cause an injury?
    4, was it avoidable? Was it careless, was it reckless?

Personally, I dont think it deserved a penalty, but I also thought the first napa one didnt either. I dont thin accidents should be penalised, but if they are going to do penalise unintentional shit then they have to penalise this unintentional KNEE TO THE FACE DURING A TACKLE.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:26 pm

Honeysett wrote:I don't know what battle you're trying to fight Pieman but you're using nerf bullets.

Obviously I am highlighting something petty just to show how fucking inconsistent the NRL is regarding this stuff.
    nerf is popular as fuck so thank you
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:05 pm

Pieman wrote:

Obviously I am highlighting something petty just to show how fucking inconsistent the NRL is regarding this stuff.
    nerf is popular as fuck so thank you

So in summary, you are intentionally furthering your reputation as the daftest simpleton on this forum, by finally agreeing with my long standing and consistent stance on incidental head contact.....which you've always disagreed with.

Holy fuck that is new levels of idiocy from you mate.

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:36 pm

Every page of this thread is literally pieman having some pointless argument.

Anyway, interesting that Jack Bird was named in the 21 last week, but not this week...

To be honest, I don't see where he can fit in to the current team anyway. If he was to come in during the finals, I'd just have him on the bench. That said, Kahu has been a bit worrisome in defense.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:41 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

So in summary, you are intentionally furthering your reputation as the daftest simpleton on this forum, by finally agreeing with my long standing and consistent stance on incidental head contact.....which you've always disagreed with.

Holy fuck that is new levels of idiocy from you mate.

a shoulder to someones face is not incidental head contact
    a knee to someones face is not incidental head contact
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:42 pm

my tv broke wrote:Every page of this thread is literally pieman winning some pointless argument.

fixed Smile

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:47 pm

my tv broke wrote:Every page of this thread is literally pieman having some pointless argument.

Anyway, interesting that Jack Bird was named in the 21 last week, but not this week...

To be honest, I don't see where he can fit in to the current team anyway. If he was to come in during the finals, I'd just have him on the bench. That said, Kahu has been a bit worrisome in defense.

Bingo bango, Staggs would've taken his spot long ago were he allowed to, Kahu isn't a centre's arsehole & Isaako's emergence made it impossible to put him back outside Roberts where he was half-decent
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:47 pm

Pieman wrote:I dont thin accidents should be penalised,

I like what you bring to the forum Pieman, but seriously, when you go down the paths you have been lately, the entire forum is getting penalised for your parent's accident all those years ago.

P.S. You seem like the sort of guy who can take a joke, hence the above statement.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:56 pm

Pieman wrote:
    Sorry buddy, I fucked up

You can probably end the post there tbh.

First you're banging on about the defender being absolved of responsibility
    Pieman wrote:apparently we cant blame the defender at all

Then all the responsibility is on the defender
    Pieman wrote:its the defenders responsibility to not knee him in he head.

First Ofa is sliding into the tackle
    Pieman wrote:he slid in slater style

Then he's dropping into the tackle
    Pieman wrote:he lands in with his knees

Its like watching a dissociative identity mental case have an argument with himself and, somehow, both personalities are losing.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:50 pm

Dip wrote:

I like what you bring to the forum Pieman, but seriously, when you go down the paths you have been lately, the entire forum is getting penalised for your parent's accident all those years ago.

P.S. You seem like the sort of guy who can take a joke, hence the above statement.

of course I can bud, and pieman is the first person to take the piss out of himself.
    Pieman also enjoys pointing out the hypocrisy some of the bronco fans in here so proudly wear between their heads.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:01 am